“Great service, very clean, a bit far from city center.”

Pineapple Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
“Great service, very clean, a bit far from city center.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

The pineapple court hotel has great service and it is quite cheap compared to other hotels in the area. The rooms are clean and the service staff is great. I like to walk everywhere when I am vacationing and did so to the hotel upon arrival to Ocho Rios. The location for the hotel is not the best and you have to walk a lot on narrow or absent sidewalks to get to the hotel. It is not at the edge of the road either thus finding it was a little bit difficult at first. Taxi service is really expensive in Ocho Rios. On the way to the hotel you would find locals that would harass you and that was uncomfortable. I believe they truly wanted to help and/or get some remuneration for their service but they make tourists uncomfortable. In summary, the hotel is very good and comfortable except for the location.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank wiaylo
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I do, however, regret the experience on your walks.
Tracey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed there on a business trip and I should say having read the reviews before going I was a bit scared of what I would see.
The rooms however are very clean, room service is excellent. The pool was clean and quite welcoming for the 3 days I stayed there. The staff was friendly and assisted when needed. Security was just enough to make you feel safe.
I was just disappointed in that I booked two rooms with microwave and fridge and on arrival there was only one available.
I would definitely re-book for any business trip in Ocho Rios. The pictures on the website and facebook are true representations.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your support and your kind words. I apologize about the extras, I realize that they seem to be in a lot more demand than I thought. I will be increasing the inventory.
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

The bottom line is this hotel is very old and run down, located in the middle of what seems like nowhere. The room was basic with an extremely small bathroom and outdated TV with a few channels.The Pool was filthy so needless to say, I didn't get in.

The one good thing about this hotel was it was very quiet, no noise at all.

This is no B&B or 5star hotel so just know that you will get what you pay for, so with that being said
If you are looking for a place to stay, I would say Shop around first or check out the room and property before you give them your hard earned cash.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
We regret to learn that we are not your cup of tea, but please understand and appreciate that we make no effort to pose or price our hotel as a B&B or a 5 star resort. I do, however, need to assure you that our pool is tested and cleaned daily. Unfortunately the paint at the bottom of the pool seems to be stripping and that we will be addressing as a matter of urgency. Thank you for your comments. As you correctly reported, we are very old, as a consequence we try to compensate for this with service and cleanliness.

Travellers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

Maple Shade, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Pineapple Court Hotel – If you or your family members are looking for a welcoming, off the beaten path small budget friendly hotel, then Pineapple Court in Ocho Rios is the place for you. Ms. Tracey the Manager, Head Concierge Carlene and the staff are happy to greet you and accommodate your every need. Pineapple Court is the type of hotel that caters to the individual traveler or couple that is looking for the freedom to move around locally and is not looking for the all-inclusive atmosphere. Pineapple Court is very clean, has the basic amenities and is willing to accommodate your needs or steer you in the right direction. This hotel caters to the local guests and out of town tourist by offering complimentary continental coffee and breakfast snack upon a morning check in. Safe boxes are located in every room to lock up your valuables. There is a small outside lounge area/swimming pool located in the rear for anyone who may be interested in a cool dip in the pool. Any time I visit Ocho Rios in the future, I plan to re-book at the Pineapple Court. This was my fourth trip to Jamaica and the staff made me feel very welcome!!

Room Tip: A tea kettle in the room would be great!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ButterflySpirit2
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm happy you had a good time. Thank you also for your recommendation. Slowly but surely we are trying to improve on our product. Therefore the next time you visit you'll be pleased to note that a kettle will be available for you on request. Eventually we hope to have them in all rooms.
Hope to see you soon! Tracey
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

Passed by the hotel earlier in the week to take a look. Reserved a room with a microwave and fridge. Arrived back a few days later and that room (I assume they have only one room with these amenities) was booked. Was disappointed as we made arrangements to eat in. In any case made the best of it. Decent room, large, not as clean as I would have liked but okay. Good security. Didn't see the pool, but was told it was in working order. Good price and maybe a 20 min walk into town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

My experience at Pineapple Court is always a great one. I always stay there while in Ochi for business trips or when I just want to get out of Kingston for a night or two. None the less the rooms are always clean, spacious, looks and feels comforting. I'm always happy to get over a long work day and to go home(Pineapple Court) and relax, take a dip in the pool or just watch TV.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

The room was clean. We just had a scary moment at dawn. We were the only guests in the hotel that night. About 3a.m. the seccurity heavly knock our door asking me to leave the room because there was something wrong with my car. It was just an open window and he wanted to help me, I know, but the way that he did it really scaried us!!! It's not the safiest hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ju H
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I regret your distrubance at that time of the morning by our security guard. I will certainly follow up with them on the more appropriate time to alert guests with security concerns