“Home Away from Home”

Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Park Forest, Illinois
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

If one is looking for a true Jamaican experience, Pineapple Court is the place. Tracey, Carline, Tamika, Melissa, et al were very friendly and caring. All requests were honored. Rooms are cleaned daily, as long as you don't place the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door!!! They will make arrangements and suggestions for transport. (There is no pressure) Massage services are available on the premises, as well as a clean swimming pool and restuarant. Complimentary coffee and tea are offered daily. Jamaican breakfast is offered @ 500J's, with juice included. (Appoximately $5.00)The chef can cook! The ackee was delicious. We booked a room with king sized bed, refrigerator, and microwave. Air conditioned rooms with fruit and almond trees on the compound. Intimate place with appoximately 15 rooms. So if you enjoy quiet, at a reasonable price, this is the place. Security and parking lot also available at no cost. We will return. We stayed on the second floor. It made me very happy.

Room Tip: Room 220 was great for us. Seating availabe in the room. Close to the stairs and an end unit. Ironi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mich328
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Great review! Thanks! Glad you enjoyed your stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

After a few wrong turns my husband found it, out of the hustle n bustle, just a 20 minute slow walk from town. We stayed in 117 n the room was very much up to our expectations. Daily room service, front desk service n a grounds guard every night. Hot water was a plus for me .... Even thou I'm used to ja cold water. We didn't use the pool but noticed that it was being cleaned n tested twice throughout our stay. U pay for what u get... Thanks Tamieka

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aneika U
Happy Anniversary!
Thanks for the review. See you next time same year :)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family and I tried this little hotel last year in June 2013 as it popped up in an hotel search on PRICELINE. We decided to give it a try and include it in our booking to be our first stop over before going to JAMAICA GRAND. O my...Everyone in my 9 member family party enjoyed their stay.

We had a great time in June so everyone decided that its a must that we stop over again at Pineapple Court Hotel in December. So yes. we spent December 17 -18 (one night) and as usual enjoyed some good food from the restaurant "SOLDIERS" right across the street from the hotel. The Manager Tracey is such an awesome lady and her staff are absolutely wonderful. My brother-in-Law and my sisters already said December 2014 we will be spending and 2-3 days instead of 1.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ryates2016
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Wow,
Thanks, We were happy you came back and that you enjoyed your stay again. Thanks again for you support. See you later this year
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Finding this hotel at night is extremely difficult, there is no proper signage big enough to read at night. Eventually got to the place. front desk was courteous went upstairs to my room. #1 there was a hole by the door knob, like the door was rotting away from the knob. #2 room was so musty like it wasnt used in months n was not even opened #3 the bathroom looked recently used #4 there was hair under the comforter, not hair, hairs. i was recommended by a friend who clearly stayed in an upgraded room. my stay left much to be desired.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thims85
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Please accept our sincere regret that you had this experience at our property. Your experience was a huge and unacceptable mistake. We will do everything to ensure this never happens again. I notice you made no mention of the room to which you were upgraded. I trust this was more acceptable and you were not disappointed. Thank you for your feedback

Travellers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The overall experience was wonderful, definitely going back. The staff was extremely helpful especially, Tanisha at the front desk u r great u going to make us come back for sure. The only thing that you guys need to upgrade on is the sign is too small and if you are not familiar with the area its going to be difficult to find the place, but the location of the hotel is excellent and quiet u get ur money worth.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. An improvement on the signage is a priority for us in 2014. Looking forward to seeing you in the future
Jamaica
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had to spend a night in Ocho Rios on November 30 to attend an event in Runaway Bay the next day. I had spent the previous day browsing the internet and making phone calls to various hotels but the price of Pineapple Court and how it looked in the internet photos caught my eye.
I made a reservation and arrived there at about 10pm Saturday night. The front desk clerk was very friendly and professional, within minutes i was on my way to my room.
The Room i stayed in was 212 and it was huge; two beds, nice television set with cable, iron and iron board and space. The bathroom was adequate and clean.
I was able to go to a restaurant just across the road that is opened until 11pm. There is also a pizzeria on the hotel's premises that has an interesting menu of pizzas, sandwiches and other nice finger foods. There is also a bar, its a nice place to hangout.
My regret is not being able to spend more than one night. I don't think there is another hotel in Jamaica that has such excellent amenities at this price of five thousand Jamaican dollars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JohnnyC4
Thank you for your kind comments and your support for the night. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the value for the price.
All the best to you!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the Pineapple Court Hotel for a few nights when I was waiting to move into my apartment. After visiting the UK for a while I had left it to the last minute to find accommodation on my return to JA and ended up needing a hotel for a few nights. I reserved the room over the phone and was slightly concerned that the drive from the airport would be met with disappointment and no room....

But, when I arrived the verbal booking was honoured and the staff were friendly, despite me arriving from an evening flight. I was charged (JAD) $5,000 a night, which is very reasonable in Jamaica for a hotel, I also added another night to the booking which was not a problem for them. When I went upstairs to the 2nd floor (no Lift) I was pleasantly surprised, the room was HUGE, the bed was HUGE, there was a modern bathroom with hot water and a powerful shower. It was all so clean and well presented, looked inviting, smelt good and there was a safe, A.C. and cable T.V. What a welcome back to Jamaica!

We didn't get time to use the swimming pool area or enjoy pizza, which were both available on site, but everywhere in the communal areas was very clean. On the last day we requested to vacate the room a little later as the apartment wasn't ready to move into, and the reception staff kindly accommodated us.

Big up to all the staff, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are huge...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SweetJamaicaJules
Thank you so much for the "big up" And thanks for let out Ochi's "secret" hideaway.