We stayed on the beach side of this resort and loved it. It's about a 3 minute ride from one side to the other,so it's easy no matter where you are. I laughed when I read the reviews that said it takes 15 or 25 minutes. Where were these people going?
The food was very good, and the room, though small, was very pretty with a new, beautifully tiled bathroom.
My only real complaint is that they're always running out of beach towels. It sometimes took trips to 3 towel stands to get them.
One huge plus here is that there's an abundance of chairs at the beach, and plenty of shade. This was a real issue at Sandals in Antigua, and is the sole reason we won't return.
The staff was wonderful. Every day many people came up to us and said hello and asked if we were having a good time. I disagree with reviewers who said they asked for tips. The bus driver did, but he is NOT a Sandals employee. We actually offered tips to a few people who we felt went out of their way for us, and they all refused them.
We have done a lot of traveling, and we loved this resort. No, it's not the most deluxe place we've ever stayed, but it was the most fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios