We were in SGR from the 17 till the 24 of November 2013.This was our second visit to Sandals Grand Riviera. The last was 2 years go when my wife and I had a great time. This occasion was equally as enjoyable.
To those who have not been there, the resort is huge .....so much so that it comprises of the Riviera (beach) side and the Manor House (hill) side.
We had a Butler Room on the Manor House side , which was lovely. Our Butlers were Nicola and Kemeshia. They were wonderful. We were given a mobile phone and were in contact with our Butlers constantly satisfy our whims and fancies. They were very very helpful in arranging our dinner bookings, arranging our pickups ( sometimes driving the buggies themselves to pick us up), bring our breakfast in our villa etc.
The Staff at SGR are very , very friendly. They are always helpful and engaging. I have a small story to tell which shows the efforts taken for customer care. We vacated our villa on our last day at 11am. As our flight was at 830pm, we requested and were kindly assigned a different villa to change and freshen up before leaving for the airport. After getting back to The UK and unpacking, my wife noticed that a ring given to her by my parents on our wedding day (of great sentimental value) was not on her finger. All hell broke loose as we looked everywhere to try find the said ring, but to no avail. I then phoned SGR and spoke directly to Vishal, who is the Manager of The Manor House , explaining the situation. By this stage, if I am being truthful , my wife and I were resigned to the fact that we would not see the ring ever again. Vishal set into action by speaking to the staff who were in the villa after we left but no one came across a ring. Vishal even went to the villa himself to make sure that nothing was missed. He phoned us back later saying that nothing was found and for us, we just accepted that that was it. We thanked Vishal for his endeavours and efforts and were just thankful that he tried. A day later, my wife was just putting away the jewellery pouch ( which she checked when she was frantically trying to find the said ring) and there it was, in the pouch. We were overjoyed in finding it .......it was unbelievable . We then emailed Vishal to tell him the good news and he phoned us back immediately to say hat he was very glad that the ring was recovered.
We are returning again in February 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios