My husband and I just went for our first vacation to somewhere warm. This didn't disappoint, it was sunny and warm everyday. The food was fabulous, we highly recommend Neptune and Soy. Both were excellent. The dive shop was friendly and awesome. DH learned to sail as well, for free.
We did a few excursions as well. We did the Blue Mountain Bike Ride, we wouldn't really recommend it. It was just ok. We did it because we were told how scenic it was, but because we were both so busy looking at the road so we didn't fall off the mountain, we didn't see much. We ended up buying the picture cd so we could see the scenery. We also did the swimming with the dolphins. This was awesome. When the lady at the desk asks you if you want to swim with one dolphin or two (ultimate swim) say one because she will give you a free upgrade. We told her that one dolphin was fine, but she said no we needed to swim with two and gave us both a free upgrade. It was so appreciated as the two dolphins were fabulous.
Watch out for upselling. The dive shop tried to talk me into doing more courses, they were friendly about it though. We were also stopped in the stairwell by one of the ladies that worked in the spa. She strong armed us into getting massages. We didn't regret getting them as they were great and we felt so relaxed afterwards, but we also did not intend to get one when we went. The only reason we did was we were stopped on the stairs.
Despite what other reviews have said, we never had trouble finding a couple of beach chairs. Sure most of them are taken by 11am, but if you aren't worried about being front and center on the beach, then you will still find chairs without much difficulty.
Our only complaints were the bed was so tall we had to climb into it. I am 5'9 and my husband is 6' and we both thought the bed was to tall. We also didn't like that people would put out their cigarettes in the beach sand and leave them there. The staff does rake the sand every night, but you still might find cigarette butts beside your chair in the middle of the afternoon.
Get Club Mobay or be prepared to wait at least 4 hours in line at the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Destinology and Travelbag so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios