With the number of all-inclusive resorts to choose from, this one is definitely worth the stay. I always worry about the food at all-inclusives and here the food is very good and only gets better as the day goes on. Each of the restaurants have their own ambience. The lobster was truly fantastic and I wish I hadn't waited until the last night to try Neptune's at night.
The service was timely and the bartenders were quick. All the employees were polite and greeted guests as we passed by. They were very helpful even if we asked questions that didn't pertain to their particular job. If they didn't know the answer, they found someone who did.
The rooms were large but not grandiose, but not much time spent there anyway. Beds cozy and pillows were wonderful. The only criticism I have is that others we met had alcohol stocked in their rooms. Not just beer, but wine, champagne, and hard liqueur. We left notes each morning and received beer and a bottle of wine after the second note. Never any alcohol for mixed drinks. Not a huge deal since we just had to walk down to the nearest bar, but still, when others are getting this without request it was a little disappointing.
We took full advantage of the golfing and it was truly wonderful every day. We brought our clubs and just left them at the club each day. We had the best caddie, Sophia. Her helpful tips allowed me to score my lowest score ever. We absolutely loved her and requested her every day we were there. All of the golf club employees were incredibly friendly and helpful. The pro is attentive and everyone is out to ensure that a great time is had by all. Georgia in the bar was truly delightful. Just a helpful hint....if you plan to golf more than one day, you can prepay so you don't have to wait in line at the clubhouse when the bus unloads.
We found the Jamaican people incredibly friendly and hospitable. I was not overly excited when this vacation was planned, but would go back in a heart beat. I was beyond pleasantly surprised. Thanks Sandals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios