“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a great time for a double celebration (birthday & wedding anniversary). Staff were lovely, everything with a "Yeah Mon" & a smile.
Accommodation very well presented, clean & wanted for nothing.
Great choice of restaurants, China Doll & Reef Terrace were outstanding for service, Kelly's Dockside & Kimonos were a disappointment.
Diving isn't challenging for the experienced but a great place for those wishing to learn, corals are a bit bleached with a lot of algae.

Room Tip: Butler service - get pampered.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,562)
virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have just recently returned from what is probably one of my best vacations ever! The resort was lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful, there was always something going on if I wanted something fun, and there was always a quiet spot if I wanted some seclusion. This resort really has a great combination to appeal to all. I was specifically there for a wedding and not as a couple....but either way, it will be a fantabulous time!
I must give a big shotout to the Club Concierge crew - Racquel, Horatio, and Lydia! They made our stay and our friends stay (to include the bride & groom) magnificient. We visited/bothered/inquired with them on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times. They were always happy, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile to make our experience perfection. All of my future Sandals vacations will include the Club Concierge in hopes that I get a crew as half as good as this one. Although, I may just go back to Ocho Rios to visit the same crew. I will cherish the friendships that developed in only a week's time...always. Thank you again!

Room Tip: Read the descriptions thoroughly and look at the pictures. Do not expect anything outside of what yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessica b
Miller Place, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just loved our trip to Sandals Grande Riviera in Ochos Rios! We had a club level beachfront view on the "beach side" of the resort and couldn't be happier. The ocean water was so clear and beautiful! The swim-up bar at the Club pool was awesome - especially the bartender named Lopez. He kept mixing us new drinks to try and made sure our glass was never full! It seems like all of the workers at this resort like their job. They all seemed to be very good workers, very friendly, and we did not encounter anyone that wasn't anything but pleasant. We did Dunn Rivers Falls and it was AMAZING everyone MUST do this!!!! The shuttle service was great back and forth. We ate at Neptune's which was Mediterreanean and on the beach. That food was good. We also ate at the hillside China Doll and that food was ok. We started to notice that the food quality isn't as high as we were expecting. They had TONS of choices of restaurants with large menu's but a few things fell flat - mainly the desserts. They were bite sized at best and definitely seemed like they weren't freshly made. The only other negative comment I have is that from the website I didn't realize that the resort actually has 2 parts and in order to get to the other you have to go on a shuttle because there is a main road that separates the two. I am so glad we stayed on the beach side. If we stayed on the hillside and had to take a shuttle to get to the beach, I would have been really upset. Thankfully it didn't impact us much.

Overall the resort has a lot to offer and tons of activities. The water is beautiful, the pools are beautiful, and its everything you would expect for a Sandals resort.

Room Tip: Definitely get a beach side room and a oceanfront room if you can manage it. It's so convenient...
1 Thank mrshoneybear
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with how beautiful the resort and staff were! We went from 5/24-5/31, I suggest you stay as long as you can! There are so many restaurants and things to do that 7 days were just not enough due to travel time. We definitely want to return to this exact resort, hopefully sooner than later! My husband and I met so many wonderful people, guests and staff, that made our trip even better! Jamaica is the best place to go, we partied and we relaxed! HIGHLY recommend this resort! Yea mon!

Room Tip: Butler service is worth it!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I had such a great time on our honeymoon 5/17/14. The resort was beautiful and the staff were so friendly. The bartenders made great drinks and made us feel welcome. Specifically Ricardo Henry. He remembered my drink orders each time I came in and had great conversation with my husband while making sure that everyone had the beverage that they ordered. Ricardo was so professional and genuinely friendly. During our stay we were able to catch some shows. They were amazing and the "playmakers" were so energetic and fun. One playmaker that stood out for us was Mikaela Coote. Mikaela made us feel so welcome at the resort and made our experience fun. She showed some of us how to dance to songs that played and kept us fully entertained when ever she was around. Mikaela has such a sweet personality and bubbly spirit. I am so thankful that sandals takes the time to hire great staff. Although I couldn't mention everyone we met, our experience with all of the staff was pleasurable. Because of this, my husband and I will be back to this resort.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I arrived arrived Sunday, June 1, after only 2 hours of sleep the night of our wedding. Needless to say, we were very tired and ready to get to our room to relax. We were greeted immediately by a sweet woman who offered us lemongrass washcloths to refresh after the bus ride from the airport. We were then taken into the hotel and greeted by our butlers. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin about our butler, Robert P. He has been an absolute God send. He has made sure we've had everything we've needed before we even ask him. We are on day 4 of our 7 day honeymoon and as each day passes, we love him even more. My husband and I feel like he is one of our close friends. He is such an excellent butler and has the greatest personality! He is truly a gem and has sold us on Sandals resorts. Mark and I've already decided we will be back to this resort and other Sandals resorts for future vacations. Robert is truly an exemplary employee of this resort. Honestly, he is the kind of employee every company wants working for them. We cannot sing his praises enough!

Room Tip: Must choose the butler suites!
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haslet, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for our 5 year wedding anniversary and had a blast trying all of the different restaurants and activities. This a great place to relax and socialize with people from all over the globe. The nightlife isn't as wild and crazy as cruise ships we've been on but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Overall we had an amazing trip! Thanks in part to our new friend Mikaela 'Playmaker' Coote :) She went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time in Ocho Rios. We will definitely be coming back for round 2!

• Stayed May 2014
#8 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
#1 of 1 in White House

Been to Sandals Ochi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!