Just returned after another 2 wonderful weeks at this wonderful resort. We have vacationed there for the past 2 years and on this occasion took our daughter and partner to be Sandalised. They loved it, but I'm sure that they will write their own review.
We stayed in the Butler villas on the Manor side, which was at our request and couldn't have wished for better accommodation. Our Butlers were Dacia and Necia, for the second year running and they were absolutely exceptional, doing all sorts of different things which I won't repeat as it will spoil the surprise element if you are lucky enough to be allocated these wonderful ladies. In fairness, we interacted with many of the Butlers including Shawn (Respect !!), Paula, Suzi Ann and Tasha - all of whom were excellent.
We spent most days at Jamie's Beach and admittedly did spend a little bit of time in the bar there. The staff there (Tony and Dwayne) were absolutely excellent and were ably assisted by the girls on the beach who continually were able to twist my arm to get me another beer and another, and another.... For a beach bar, it was immaculate and we were impressed at Bernard with the brush, who really never stopped brushing the place out from morning to night.
Restaurants were all very good and I cannot recall getting a bad meal. My daughter is coeliac and she was always well catered for. We did speak to Durrant, the F and B manager, who with the assistance of our Butlers ensured that she was always well catered for. The restaurants were always notified in advance by Durrant and things like sauces were made separately. Gluton free pizza and pancakes were also specially made and some of the so called classy restaurants in the UK could really take a leaf out of Sandals book in relation to this and their overall customer service.
As a qualified diver, did 5 dives during the holiday and was, as always, really impressed with the quality of the dive team.
All in all, we had a wonderful time and have already booked for 2015 through the Soon Come Back desk, which gave us a very good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios