K we just love this place, we are active 50's and love to walk and just enjoy the amazing surroundings. The trees, flowers everything, it's stunning. Everywhere is beauty. It's so relaxing, you feel like you're in heaven. Didn't do any extras this time as money was tight, but still enjoyed every minute. Last year we stayed in the Villas (was concierge then, butler now) this year it was the oceanview room near the biggest pool and we loved it. The view was amazing. So close to everything. However in Dec. 14 we are going to be in the Riviera, just to be even closer to the beach and the Ochi Beach Club.
Love love the new Ochio beach Club, the view and privacy in the Tree House area is amazing.
Pool there is warm and inviting. Pool temp changes according to where the pool is located and time of day. In Dec. 12 we spent more time at the pool at the edge of the property near the Theatre, Dec. 13 is was the Ochi Club. Food amazing everywhere. We have tried almost everywhere and really don't know why people come to the Caribbean to eat IN. So we loved the Reef, I really think its our fav. because the view out over the bay is totally amazing, tiki lights all around, breezes ( no mozzies) I would have eaten there almost every nite if the menu would change more. We also ate at Soy outside at the bar tables, what an experience, sun going down, me eaten sushi and dumplings….ahhh doesn't get much better. Loved the polo lounge,
for late nites, staying in the Manor Oceanview Room,( very economical but sells outs fast) meant the polo lounge was so close. We are not big drinkers, but did try a few of the daily specials here and the latte machine, (although temperamental ) was amazing in the morning. View is lovely fro m outside the Polo Lounge. We hadn't been able to get to the grill downstairs below the Polo Lounge, (name???) since we started coming to the Grande, but we went down when they were closing, and they made us up a sample plate of goodies and DELIVERED it to us while we sat in the Polo Lounge. Above and beyond, I just can't imagine they went to all that trouble just for MEEEE. Look I think Sandals is an awesome deal no matter which way you look at it. We went back to Jamaica ( after Dec. !3) on Feb. 3 for 11 days to surprise and celebrate my hubbies 60th. I had booked at Sandals but thot well maybe I could get it cheaper elsewhere, so I cancelled. Well we did enjoy our time on the South Coast but after it was all said and done, I asked my hubby " really which did you enjoy more Sandals or the off resort jaunt in South Coast? Well he said" I
did enjoy the South Coast but really when we go back, lets go back to Sandals, its so much more restful and NO STRESS" Really the South Coast was great and unusual but we had concerns over how much we were spending, security, taxis, long travel over really bad roads etc. When all was said and done, we realized Sandals had it all…want to scuba, done, want privacy and snuggle time in a day bed in front of the fire pits near Kimonos ( this is a must do, grab a bottle of champagne and spend a few hours, this is one of the truly most romantic and enjoyable evenings you will spend ) and yes did I mention it FREEEE. No counting the cost. Look after 6 kids, my husband can relax and not count the cost because so much is included. You can budget what you need to and then RELAX. No toppings (unless you're in Butler suite), great service, food, food, food, lots of fresh fruit, they even bring you drink to the beach….you don't even have to get up!!! Try the Dirty Banana, (get it half the sugar syrup) and also try the soft ice cream opposite Neptunes, at the Grill, you can put it in a glass and then top with rum. Try the coconut shrimp there, I can;t believe how great they are. We would get them ( no fries) as a md afternoon snack. Kayaks, snorkel equipment, little day sailers to try out, have fun and save your money for a return trip. It is so great not to have to nickel and dime everything, just go and enjoy, make sure you walk all through the property, it is stunning. In Dec. I didn;t see any mozzies, either year.
The resort is not full in the early to mid Dec. we usually leave boxing Day or the 23, 24th.
Make sure you buy the ticket to Mo Bay Lounge for at least your departure, due to weather in Canada we were delayed very late 2x. Mo Bay Lounge ticket was much cheaper than buying over priced fast food in the airport and we could relax with our feet up!! I really think the perfect Vaca is to stay at the Carlyle for 4 days ( where you can day visit MO Bay and the RC FREE) then on to the Grande ( yes they take you compared to the 110x2 we paid to go back and forth from the South coast) and then go back to the Carlyle for another 3 days or so. You get to see 4 Sandals in one vacation. Make it about 13-15 days, and you won't; regret it. The absolute best value and yes we would like to go to The Source or the Bahamas but as I said "6 Kids" so its the Carlyle and the Grande for us. How about you??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios