Wow, what a resort.
Where to start....
We recently (got home yesterday) returned from a 10 night (3 nights at sandal mo bay and 7 nights at the grande)
This property is about 1.5 hours away from the Montego Bay airport. There are times when you might have to wait a little bit at the sandals lounge at the airport for a bus to be ready to take you over as they try to gather as many people as possible to make 1 large trip.
This property is large but manageable.
The Butler Village:
The butler village is separate from the Riviera side of the property. Although Sandals Grande includes both the butler village and the Riviera each side as its own: Spa, fitness center, gift shop, front desk, restaurants (which you can use no matter what side you stay) Pool with pool bar
The Butler Village:
A bit set back on mountainside. Many of the buildings have 2-4 units that share a small pool which is nice. If you want to join a larger group, the pool on the village side is in one word: AMAZING. Huge pool and pool bar. Tables and stools in the pool to sit/drink/eat.
The polo lounge (in main building) is a great place to grab a pint or two, relax and enjoy. Usually the gathering place for night activities on this side of the resort.
The Riviera side (near the beach) Is also really nice (we stayed in a club level room in the Riviera building)
There are only 4 rooms that include Butler service on this side of the property and they sell quickly.
On this side you will find many different room categories. This resort is large (each side itself it large) so be prepared to do some walking. The grounds are beautifully landscaped so it is nice to sometimes just take a walk and see where you end up.
If you are looking for a party atmosphere: The Ochi Beach club pool or the pool bar near the show/stage area is the place to be.
The Ochi Beach club pool has some great bartenders (Mainly Lopez and Alex) These guys were great and had lots of fun games to play (beer pong, flip cup) Really good music playing.
(sometimes can be a little loud)
If you are looking for a quiet space to relax and read, hit up the beach areas.
I wish the beach areas were a little bigger and perhaps wider than they were, but that's just my preference. I am a big beach person.
Food-My favorite restaurant was hands down Valentinos. The ravioli with the walnut sauce was amazing. The filet melts in your mouth. This is on the Riviera Side.
The French Restaurant (Bayside) was also great for dinner.
The breakfast and lunch food also really good and wide variety.
A big thank you to Peter at Bayside who made us awesome omelets and eggs the way I like them.
Our room (4517) was always well kept. A big thank you to our turn down person Danielle. She always left us extra towels and stopped to say hello. Very friendly and helpful.
If you have mobility issues (ie-need a wheelchair/walker) not the place for you. Lots of stairs at this property.
There is a shuttle that runs every 5 mins or so from the Riviera side over to the butler side. Never had to wait long and a quick ride. Shuttle also makes a stop at the Ochi Beach club area.
The only issue we had really was the check out. (yesterday) we were one of three couples checking out and the process took about 45 minutes which seemed a bit extensive. There were two people doing the check out process, and between phone calls and other random things, it took very long.
Check out should take 10-15 mins tops! The other sandals we have visited takes typically no more than 5 mins. There is no air conditioning either and made the process not pleasant.
Also, we had pre purchased the club mo bay about 3 months before and it was noted on the reservation (I had a print out copy showing paid) but yet they had no record of it.
I told them the confirm number is the same as the sandals booking ID, but still said they had no record.
Long story short, the front desk person called the bus driver who was taking us back to the airport, gave me the confirm number, which was in fact our sandals booking id.
I would certainly return, but also would like to try another sandals property first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Destinology and Travelbag so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios