My husband and I visited the Sandals Grande Riviera for our honeymoon. We chose a butler style room which seemed worth the added expense. We had two butlers, Anton and Nadine. Nadine far exceeded our expectations. She always went above and beyond. She made our dinner reservations, un-packed our clothes, decorated our room with towel characters, kept our refrigerator stocked, and escorted us to dinners and excursions. She was kind and caring. She truly made our first experience with Sandals. However, our other butler, Anton, was less than accommodating. He did not volunteer to pack our luggage (as Nadine had unpacked our luggage). On the nights when he was our butler, we did not have a decorated room and we escorted ourselves to dinner.
The restaurants were really nice. Our favorites were Kelly's Dockside and Kimonos. Serome was an awesome waiter at Kelly's. He went above and beyond. He was by far the best waiter we had on our 7-night stay. Tex was an awesome entertainer/chef at Kimonos. He made everyone feel welcome and even did some singing. Riccardo, bartender at the Polo Lounge, was awesome. We visited the Polo Lounge each night, mainly just to visit Riccardo.
We are considering visiting either Sandals or a Beaches resort in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios