My husband and I vacationed at Sandals Grande Riviera July 20-25, 2014 and had a good time but the resort and room were not what we expected. There are two sides to this resort- hillside and beach side. The hillside are all butler suites (you can stay on this side without utilizing a butler but they don't tell you this). We chose to stay on the beach side because we didn't want t butler. We stayed in the Riviera Grand Luxe CLub level room which was anything but grand! The hillside of the resort looks much better- rooms are larger and look newer. The lobby on the beach side is open so depending on the time of year you go- its extremely hot. Our room was very small, decorated ok but not at all what we were expecting for the amount of money we paid. After looking at our room, we asked to upgrade to a larger suite and also asked to see one of the rooms on the butler side. The staff was very accommodating with this and took us to see a suite on the hillside- the room was beautiful. Large open space and as separate living room. The hotel was not packed; however we were told that if we wanted to upgrade, we would have to pay $200 per night! With that being said- we stayed in our original room and made the best of it.
The majority of the staff was accommodating and friendly, however, my husband and I felt as though other people of different races were treated better. When I say better, I mean the staff was more attentive to them and their needs and went above and beyond to serve them. We went to dinner one night and waiting to be seated for over 15 minutes, while we saw other couples being seated that came in after us.
The food was really good in certain restaurants- drinks all had rum in them but we were also very good. Portions were small but if you wanted more, you could simply ask.
There were not many activities on the resort property and the excursions through the resort were outrageously over priced. We book an excursion through viator which was much cheaper.
Overall, this being our first all-inclusive resort was pretty good. My husband and I had fun but are looking forward to trying other all-inclusives. We are going to Secrets Montego Bay July, 2015 and hope that it meets our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios