“Wanted to stay forever”
Review of Carib-Ocho Rios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocho Rios
Carib-Ocho Rios
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a perfect little home-away-from-home. I believe we were in 312. A tastefully decorated apartment with everything you could need. We cooked every meal there and loved sitting on the balcony enjoying the incredible view. The bed was super comfortable, the internet perfect and the shower had super hot water. Everything was great.
The whole place is super safe with 24 hour guards and the location is great, just 1 minute out of town by car.
Forget the all-inclusives and stay here.

The only downside is the road leading in, it NEEDS to be fixed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TalbsOnTheGoGoGO

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Condo 112 last week and we loved it. The location was perfect as it took us only minutes (maybe 20 or more) to walk into town. We love to walk so it was no problem for us. The property is very secure; there is a guard upon entrance to the property and on several occasions we observed security walking the grounds to ensure safety.

Upon check-in, Donna was at the condo to meet us. She gave us a brief overview and was helpful.

The condo itself met our needs. It could actually host 3-4 people, although it was only the two of us. It was fairly clean and was stocked with linen and the basic toiletries. The kitchenette had everything there necessary to prepare a meal (utensils, etc). All appliance were in good working condition.

The great thing was that they offered you a cell phone to use with a $40 USD deposit refundable upon return of the phone. I was able to make local calls and it came in quite handy. We, however, were not successful in accessing the internet. They offered a wireless router at the condo but we had to purchase a wireless card. Even after purchasing the card, we were still unable to connect. That was the only downer. At night, sitting on the patio listening to the waves, was so serene and peaceful. The view is amazing. I miss it.

We really enjoyed our stay, and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yollie23
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Through a lucky set of circumstances, my parents and my husband and I got to go to Ocho Rios for a week in September. We stayed here in apartment number 119, and, though it was a little cramped for 4 people, we only spent evenings in the apartment, so we had a great time. The absolute highlight had to be the ocean view. It was fabulous to wake up with the sun each morning and see the water change colour as the day got brighter.

It took less than five minutes to walk down to the beach, which we did every day. Since it was September, Mahogany Beach wasn't that busy. Every other day the cruise ships would dock, bringing in tourists for the party boats, but on the off-days, my husband and I had the beach pretty much to ourselves. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxing experience!

Grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning were chores, just like they are at home, so if you hate doing that, then maybe an all-inclusive resort is a better option. But if you like cooking and have some dietary restrictions (like my mother and me), it's a great experience to go to the market and pick up some new foods and spices to experiment with.

Being within walking distance of town was nice, though I will admit that the first few trips were a bit chaotic. The streets can get rather crowded, and traffic can be a little nuts at times, so beware. Walking down past the clock tower to the more "touristy" areas was like a daily pilgrimage for my family and me. It only took about 20 minutes. We were fortunate enough to have beautiful weather!!

The apartment was great on the whole, despite a small bug problem (miniature ants, I think, in the bathroom and kitchen). The security was friendly and very visible, so we felt quite safe. The housekeeper checked in on us a few times while we were there and made sure everything was going well (which it was).

I recommend this place to you if you're looking for a place that's a little off the beaten path and a little more "authentic" (not sure that's the right word!) than a resort experience. We were very pleased overall with the entire trip. Bon voyage!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawna P
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I alway stay in 312, and love every minute of it, Its clean, comfortable and nice with the most fantastic views, peaceful and beautiful and I just love the house keeper Jennifer she is a diamond she is there on hand for anything over and above what she does, A fantastic lady,
Mrs Mullins and Ms Junior are in the office and always there to help, Down at the beach my favourite waiter and friend Patrick who is so happy go lucky and a very good friend, There is Earl & Ochi behind the bar and Merna the dancing Jamaican Lady also Rosie the Rasta who rents you your beach chairs for the day of course the rest of the staf and workers on the beach and there is Patrick the gardener who will always pop to the shop if you have run out of anything food or beers, in fact they are all fantastic and your safety anywhere in the condo or on the beach, they are always happy and full of smiles and make your stay a good one... Always a Good Morning A Good Night and Respect from everyone I have got to know over the years of staying there, and I have also met the owners Janice & Ted who are also lovely people who live in the UK.... what more can I say to big up this fantastic place and the people there... yes there are a few problems with the road and the pool, but the country is going through problems just like other countries and reccession... all I can say if you want the high life go to a top hotel all inclusive.. but you then miss out on the real Jamaica and should really question why you have gone there... I will always go back there.. The Security is very good and always in sight, What more can I say I just love it there and always will

Room Tip: Choose 312 and the view is beautiful
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janis L
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is a vacation for some, it is not the lap of luxury, nothing fancy, old furnishings, old kitchen ware, very small living quarters. What you do get is quiet beautiful beach virtually private with the exception of when cruise ships come. It is a 15 minute walk into Ochi but to me that is no big deal, some would never consider this walk very attractive as there is no sidewalks and cars are buzzing by a few feet from you. Go to a resort if you want to get pampered, come to Carib Ochos is you want to experience Jamaica. Incredible views, and safe grounds as there is security patrolling 24-7

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank stepaheadofu
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The location may not be ideal for everyone (there is about a 15-20 minute walk from Carib to reach the center of Ochi, it is up past the clock tower and Amnesia toward the all inclusive hotels), however this is an easy walk and route taxis are readily available. I actually prefer this location as it is away from the hustle and hassle that I've experienced staying near Island Village. The property manager Mrs. Mullings is a gem and willing to go the extra mile to help her guests. Mahogany Beach is easily accessible and just steps away from the units. There is also a small convenience store and bar/restaurant directly across the street at the top of the driveway from Carib. Keep in mind that as each unit is individually owned the furnishings and upkeep will vary. The views from the verandas here cannot be beat and I spent a lot of time on the veranda listening to the waves crashing against the rocks. Swimming pool is not in working order. Security was around patrolling but never gave my family members a hard time about coming to see me. I felt very safe staying here. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Be specific when speaking with Mrs. Mullings about the type of room you want. Block 1 is closest to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank RingPonMiFinga
Reviewed 15 June 2012

spending my honey weekend there i was great the room nice and clean the beach was lovely the scenery fomr my balcony was beautiful. over looking the beach and garden. the beach was closeby again nice and clean

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple