“Enjoyed our Stay”

Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Enjoyed our Stay”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second trip to Jamaica. The location was perfect for anything you wanted to do. I was there to relax and that's exactly what I was able to do. The room was clean which was important. I also wanted to experience Ocho Rios night life, it was only a few short minutes walk to 2 very popular clubs. I would definately stay at Fisherman's Point again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4boys4mandy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This Condo Resort is really worth every dollar. The apartments are reasonable priced and they are very spacious. Its my favorite place to stay whenever I visit Ocho Rios. Its right by the ocean and the view is great. The staff is extremely lovely and the grounds are nicely kept. Its a great place for singles, couples, families and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Islandqueen4u
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you're looking for great value accommodation when you visit Ocho Rios then Fishermans Point is brilliant. It has all the basics, and whilst it's in a lively area it also has a sense of privacy and security that makes you feel safe. You can easily reach any part of the island so that you can explore the real Jamaica any how you choose rather than the through the limited options and high prices that the all inclusive resorts offer.

Apartments are self contained and very clean. The staff are eager to help to ensure you have the essentials to make the apartments your home whilst you're there. Don't be shy asking, if they can get something for you they will, well everything that's legal!

Suitable for all age groups and types of families, it sits on the pier so 3 days a week the energy and vibrancy that the cruise ships bring changes the look and feel of this otherwise quiet spot. There are a selection of bars and restaurants less than 5 minutes walk so there are lots of options. You can easily enjoy your holiday on a budget as you can cook your own meals as an alternative.

My third time at this resort and always impressed. Thanks to all the staff for making it a pleasure.

Room Tip: Queen beds are quite small so if you want a bigger one you should state your needs clearly. There ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Minzja
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Fisherman's point was very nice. Really convenient to walking just about everywheres. Was about 2 minutes outside of the town. Security guards we're around 24/7, never one time that my family and I didn't feel safe. I found that our condo was outdated quite a bit, but the breath taking view made up for it completely. Our balcony faced onto the water front. The only negative about it was that you aren't directly on the beach, it's about a two minute walk down to the beach and you have to get "beach passes" everyday or else they will charge you to go on the beach. The pool was very clean, and really nice. It was quiet most days at the pool. Fisherman's point is also located right where the cruise ships get off, which was really cool because we got to see the cruise ships come in and go out everyday. There wasn't wifi in our condo, like the owner said there would be. He lied to us about quiet a lot of things, and that was a downfall to it but we only had to deal with him once. There was a restaurant/bar on the condo complex that had free wifi which was nice. The condo definitely isn't 5 star, but it's comfortable.We walked along the beach, and I noticed that it was quite nicer than a lot of the resorts we saw. The light in the bathroom didn't work all that well, and the bathroom could use some repairs. Even though the condo needed some touch ups, it was absolutely beautiful and we didn't want to leave. Put everything aside from that, I highly recommend staying at Fisherman's point. Really great workers, and place to stay. I hope that we return in the future.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Victoria D
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I was amazed when I arrived.I didn't expect a little apartment with a balcony.The staff was super nice and the accessibility to the beach was on point.I will return on my next visit. When I had visitors the security escorted them to my room after I let them know who I was expecting.It is also a store on property so you don't have to leave unless you want to. It was a home away from home.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Saudia G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is in a nice location right by the beach, theres a restaurant opposite and shop onsite, the apartment was nice and clean well furnished and had a good view of everythng staff were very good and in the centre of everythng . Good value for money And would definatly stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I usually stay at this hotel when I go to Jamaica, but I would seriously inform all who wish to stay here to book a room privately and ask to speak to Mrs Brooks. I have not long returned in October from this resort and have the truth be told I was not pleased with my room, but the staff were accommodating to finding me a more suitable one. The problems I had was firstly broken remote control, secondly mice, roaches, and flooding from the kitchen sink which took some time to have a genitor come and fix considering its right next to electric appliances. After moving rooms I still encountered roaches and had no towels for 3 days. I am VERY surprised by this hotel as it never use to be like this, people pay their hard earned money to have at the very least some form of comfort, some MDF and a coat of paint here and there plus fumigation would put this hotel back on the map. Come on fisherman point is it to much to ask for rooms to be updated? and also make sure you can actually watch channels from your cable services.

Room Tip: Room 45 facing the sea is a popular room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple