Well, here i am again posting yet another about Ocho Rios, as i am a frequent traveler to jamaica. I decided to stay at Fishermans after hearing mixed reviews from friends and acquaintances who have also stayed there. I was accompanied by 3 friends, with myself and one friend in one room and the other 2 friends in another room. Upon first entry into the room, it was basic but clean with all new kitchen appliances,and cabinets, there was also a bar like counter with 4 bar stools in our room, which was a 1 bedroom apartment. I must say im not a big complainer but the couch and two chairs in our room were harder than bricks, we had a Tv also that got excellent reception. The adjoined bedroom was cozy and the bed was ok in the way of softness, but the dresser was pretty shabby. I didnt really care much about that, as im not super picky and figuring im not staying in a 5 star resort, most stuff was acceptable, not wonderful but acceptable. The only thing i take issue with is that our bathroom was pretty shabby and kinda gross, the caulking around the tub, wasnt the best to look at, and the bathroom was in need of an upgrade. Also the walls in our bedroom were orange, which was non issue as orange is my favorite color, but they appeared to have been painted by either a 10 year old, or a visually impaired person. Fishermans had a nice pool that me and my friends swam in at night, it was pretty clean and all the people who worked there were super nice. I also ate at the restaurant, which was pretty good as well. The only major issue i had with Fishermans was that our room had ants, and i mentioned it to MGMT who said they would come spray but never did, when i left the resort i was covered in numerous bites, dont know if they were ant bites or mosquito bites, which the room seemed to have a few of as well. Overall, if you go to Jamaica and want to stay someplace affordable and close to town, there are a few others better than Fishermans. Oh yeah, my two friends room was very cute, the furniture was nicer and softer, the appliances werent new and the microwave didnt work, there bedroom which had 2 beds, was really cute, with a nice closet and the bathroom was pretty neat also though they didnt have hot water most of the time. SO i guess, your stay could be a good one or an OK one based off of what room you actually get. I requested a specific room when i booked but someone else got it, that arrived before me, i wasnt too upset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fisherman's Point is an all-suite facility located close to the cruise ship docks in Ocho Rios and across the street from Island Village, home to Margaritaville Ocho Rios. Stroll the pristine sands of beautiful Turtle Beach adjacent this low-rise cluster of condos nestled into three acres of lush tropical foliage. Available are one and two bedroom condos, complete with kitchenette, cable TV, and private balcony with mountain or ocean view. Ideal for couples, families, and groups, this condo resort offers a free form swimming pool and a wading pool for kids, daily housekeeper, a restaurant and bar. Airport transfer and nanny services can also be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fisherman's Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fisherman`s Point Hotel Ocho Rios
- Fishermans Point Hotel
- Fishermans Point Ocho Rios
- Fisherman's Point Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios