Fisherman's Point Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$96
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$437
US$424
US$83
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Pool
US$683
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First, I booked this hotel on the fly from my cell phone orbtz app at the Atlanta Airport. I reserved a two bedroom suite for the five of us. When we arrived, I showed the guy at the front desk my confirmation number on my cell phone. He asked for a piece of paper. I told him I didn't have one. He said next time to bring a piece of paper. He said I have these two rooms for you. I asked what had happened to my two bedroom suite? He never answered. He handed me two keys on some stupid key chains. Our rooms were on the third floor with no elevator. The rooms were spacious and clean, but lots of problems. First, no hot water. No phones to be able to call the front desk. The televisions are old CRT models. No remotes. The television in our room turned off if you tried to turn up the volume. The sheets were thread-bare and stained. The pillows did not have regular cotton pillow cases, but those colored, quilted, ruffled ones. So, it made me wonder how many layers of drool were on them. Bathtub had a big rust spot. Hotel had slats for windows. So, very little sound insulation and we were just next to a very loud bar that went on all night. One air conditioner in each room that sort of worked. The swimming pool was freezing. The beach is a long walk. It is a very small swimming area that never gets more than about 2.5' deep. Lots of seaweed. I got stung by a jelly fish. The maid took our towels and never gave us any new ones. Very, very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BradAwk
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently enjoyed a very pleasant stay at Fisherman's Point (Unit 30). I have stayed at Fisherman's often over the years in quite a few different units. Units vary greatly as to niceness and I'm happy to say that unit 30 was lovely and has a beautiful view of Turtle Beach. I previously stayed in this apartment approximately 8 years ago and it was ok, but needed some work at that time (tired decor, plumbing leak, old kitchen appliances). Since then, it has been freshened up with new appliances, paint, etc., and was inviting and homey. Miss Joyce, the housekeeper, does a wonderful job keeping the place clean while being friendly and a pleasure with whom to chat. She was waiting for us upon arrival and stocked the apartment with plenty of towels and necessities. The kitchen was well-equipped with microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, and linens.

From what I observed, the property at Fisherman's seems to continue to be well-maintained. I've always enjoyed the gardens and pool area. The pool deck had several new lounge chairs and cushions. The grounds keepers worked throughout the day landscaping and cleaning. All in all, the property seems in better shape than when I last stayed there a couple years ago.

I booked this visit through mysilversands.com as I've had many wonderful stays using them for villa rentals in Duncans. I enjoy booking through them. In my experience, reservations are simple, check-in/out is a breeze, and the properties are always as nice or better than they appear on the website. I only wish there were more units at Fisherman's available for booking through them. Knowing exactly which unit I'll be renting is such a plus.

Fisherman's Point is not for everyone. Travelers looking for beachfront, upscale luxury might be disappointed. However, travelers looking for a casual property in downtown Ochi within walking distance to everything would probably enjoy it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ms.L
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second trip to Jamaica. The location was perfect for anything you wanted to do. I was there to relax and that's exactly what I was able to do. The room was clean which was important. I also wanted to experience Ocho Rios night life, it was only a few short minutes walk to 2 very popular clubs. I would definately stay at Fisherman's Point again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 4boys4mandy
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This Condo Resort is really worth every dollar. The apartments are reasonable priced and they are very spacious. Its my favorite place to stay whenever I visit Ocho Rios. Its right by the ocean and the view is great. The staff is extremely lovely and the grounds are nicely kept. Its a great place for singles, couples, families and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Islandqueen4u
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you're looking for great value accommodation when you visit Ocho Rios then Fishermans Point is brilliant. It has all the basics, and whilst it's in a lively area it also has a sense of privacy and security that makes you feel safe. You can easily reach any part of the island so that you can explore the real Jamaica any how you choose rather than the through the limited options and high prices that the all inclusive resorts offer.

Apartments are self contained and very clean. The staff are eager to help to ensure you have the essentials to make the apartments your home whilst you're there. Don't be shy asking, if they can get something for you they will, well everything that's legal!

Suitable for all age groups and types of families, it sits on the pier so 3 days a week the energy and vibrancy that the cruise ships bring changes the look and feel of this otherwise quiet spot. There are a selection of bars and restaurants less than 5 minutes walk so there are lots of options. You can easily enjoy your holiday on a budget as you can cook your own meals as an alternative.

My third time at this resort and always impressed. Thanks to all the staff for making it a pleasure.

Room Tip: Queen beds are quite small so if you want a bigger one you should state your needs clearly. There are 3 floors with stairs so if you have mobility issues you should request ground floor. The best views and quietest apartments are the sea facing rooms that are closest to the next resort, Turtle Towers. You'll also be able to see the cruise ships coming and going from here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple