Fisherman's Point Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Little Pub Inn(Ocho Rios)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Village Hotel(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Just got back and got a room for $65, cheaper than anywhere on internet. No reservations but got right in. Credit card system wouldn't work and desk wasn't very helpful. Pool nice but closed bar, nice grounds sufficient security. Adequate room. with living and dining area and some kitchen facilities. Restaurant terrible. Good location decent restaurant accross the street called Oceans Eleven. Had a car so convienent to come and go. Did not get our wake up call upon departure. Good TV reception.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank joe123Indianapolis
Reviewed 15 December 2008

fishermans point is not a bad place the owners and staff have to start takeing more care of the people who goes there for holiday and if people are getting rob all the time then no one will want to go there it onley takes a few more complain from thease people that are geting rob and this place is black listed the people that have jobs there will they will be out of jobs and this is not a good time to be out of work so listen up workers and owners of fishermans point you guys know the people that do not belong on your property so get them off or just dont allow them on the property i love fishermans point i have been going back there since 1990 and there are some good people there eg miss brooks and candice at front desk this is your job guys this is where you make your money so make shure its safe for the people that goes there to visit , see you in december . sammy in canada

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank jamingman
Reviewed 7 December 2008

I WAS LUCKY AND DID NOT GET HURT.
I have visited Jamaica (Ocho Rios) 8 times since 2001. I usually stay at Sandcastles, and had stayed at Sandcastles that same year in January 2008. I have never had any safety concerns or any security concerns until my stay at Fisherman's Point. I have freely and confidently walked the streets of Ocho Rios with no concern to my safety. The people of Ocho enjoy the tourists and strive to be ambassadors to Jamaica. I would recommend Jamaica to everyone - it is God's country - more beautiful than most countries in the world. This incident occurred on a return trip back to Jamaica (Ocho Rios) in February 2008, since I missed Jamaica and wanted to take in more sun. Sandcastles Hotel room was booked, so me and a buddy decided we would try Fisherman's Point. ****BIG MISTAKE**** Upon returning to my room one night at approximately midnight I noticed my passport and personal things had been tossed about the room as though the thief was looking for money or jewellery. Suddenly out of the closet, a man rushed at me with a knife. We wrestled to the ground and he quickly fled the room. I called the front desk, the police were called and a report was filed. SECURITY AT FISHERMAN'S POINT IS ALMOST NON-EXISTENT. The robbers are getting access at the gate through the front desk security. They are not climbing the fence as the fence is barbed wired. So you figure it out how they are getting in. The police filed the report, as the police in Jamaica work very hard to uphold the law and protect the tourists and locals.. The police could not find the weapon . Lucky for me I was leaving for my smalltown Indiana USA within the next day. I truly love Jamaica and will to continue to return to Jamaica one to two times per year. BUT NEVER STAY AT FISHERMAN'S POINT ****IT IS TOO DANGEROUS.

Stayed: February 2008
5  Thank JAMAICAYESMON
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Well, here i am again posting yet another about Ocho Rios, as i am a frequent traveler to jamaica. I decided to stay at Fishermans after hearing mixed reviews from friends and acquaintances who have also stayed there. I was accompanied by 3 friends, with myself and one friend in one room and the other 2 friends in another room. Upon first entry into the room, it was basic but clean with all new kitchen appliances,and cabinets, there was also a bar like counter with 4 bar stools in our room, which was a 1 bedroom apartment. I must say im not a big complainer but the couch and two chairs in our room were harder than bricks, we had a Tv also that got excellent reception. The adjoined bedroom was cozy and the bed was ok in the way of softness, but the dresser was pretty shabby. I didnt really care much about that, as im not super picky and figuring im not staying in a 5 star resort, most stuff was acceptable, not wonderful but acceptable. The only thing i take issue with is that our bathroom was pretty shabby and kinda gross, the caulking around the tub, wasnt the best to look at, and the bathroom was in need of an upgrade. Also the walls in our bedroom were orange, which was non issue as orange is my favorite color, but they appeared to have been painted by either a 10 year old, or a visually impaired person. Fishermans had a nice pool that me and my friends swam in at night, it was pretty clean and all the people who worked there were super nice. I also ate at the restaurant, which was pretty good as well. The only major issue i had with Fishermans was that our room had ants, and i mentioned it to MGMT who said they would come spray but never did, when i left the resort i was covered in numerous bites, dont know if they were ant bites or mosquito bites, which the room seemed to have a few of as well. Overall, if you go to Jamaica and want to stay someplace affordable and close to town, there are a few others better than Fishermans. Oh yeah, my two friends room was very cute, the furniture was nicer and softer, the appliances werent new and the microwave didnt work, there bedroom which had 2 beds, was really cute, with a nice closet and the bathroom was pretty neat also though they didnt have hot water most of the time. SO i guess, your stay could be a good one or an OK one based off of what room you actually get. I requested a specific room when i booked but someone else got it, that arrived before me, i wasnt too upset.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank lilrosey
Reviewed 4 September 2008

i stayed here in 05. it was great, I was disappointed this time. Firstly all my love to Candy and the Manager at the front office. extremely professional and helpful always. Under no circumstances stay in appt6. it is like the dump of the resort. all ground floor appt get little day light and are not secure. after 5 days we moved to appt 62. beautiful with oceanview. well equipped for s/catering.steer clearly of BOBBY the pool guy not very good at his job and often absent.he cleans the pool at odd times and allow kids in the pool when he has just added clorine bleach or while it still being cleaned.he tries to sell you excursions at rip of prices,then gives you attitude if you decline. may I recommend CAPTAIN VINCENT he works on turtle beach. decent,honest and trustworthy guide will take care of your day trips. ask anyone for him on the beach.this hotel provides no beach chairs on the beach so you have to rent them from the lifeguards abit unfair as you will find out. if you need transport mr RAINFORD JOHNSON is attached to this hotel. excellent and has a variety of quality transport and will get you good deals on souvineers (and rum). housekeeping have no set time to call and dont like changing sheets.they only changed the sheets if i stripped the beds. the laundry is poor. no wireless internet no poolside bar and no hotel entertainment kids pool is not great. and play area is unsupervised.resturant is expensive and not very good. food is always bland or burnt. management at resturant show poor customer service and are money grabbers.i wont be staying at fishermans again. mainly because the security let anyone onto the resort. also it is hard to tell the differency between staff and guest. so you're never sure who's knocking at your door.uniforms would help.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank tytal