“Very nice place to relax”

Fisherman's Point Resort
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Very nice place to relax”
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I've been to Jamaica for 3 years in a row and for 2 years I've stayed at Fisherman'sPoint. The service was great,and the girls at the Front Desk were very helpful. I guess I'm very special because I had no problems with my rooms or services I'll recommend this Resort to anyone.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Phila
Reviewed 9 June 2009

My sister and myself come to Jamaica frequently. We have stayed in all types of hotels from Ochos to Negril but never in my life would I refer this one to anyone. When we first arrived they placed us in a one bed room. Now I haven't slept with my sister ever. They tried to accomodate us by seperating the one large bed which seemed smaller than a queen into two in this small room. When we complained at the front desk the clerks (females) nonchalantly kept giving us excuses why they couldn't give us a better room. And of course no one in authority could be found. Or so they sayed. After sleeping on the couch (that was stained, I had to get extra sheets to cover it) we came to the conclusion we were going to move. So we tried again to speak to a manager. Well finally a manager appeared (male) he did move us to another room which had more space. Neither of the rooms seemed like they put much effort in making the place look modern. The couch was old style and very stained. The Kitchenette had old cabinets no new paint anywhere. In the shower the soap holder had cracked and left a jagged edge which my sister scratched herself on. Not really much care taken in the apperance.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

Fisherman Point Resort
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for the weekend, it was comfortable the staff was very helpful, the property is safe. It seemed like it was always difficult to get extra towels, the room was fine but the kitchen looked liked it needed to ne cleaned. i hated the idea that no one told us how to get hot water there is a switch in the kitchen that has to be turned on also there is a switch on the pipe that adjusts water pressure. the location is perfect, it is very central in Ocho Rios , this spot is right for the price

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Lodi, California
Reviewed 24 February 2009

The air conditioner in my room didn't work and the hotel staff would not fix it. The front desk clerks were surly and unfriendly. The hotel taxis are a ripoff. The room was cockroach-infested. This is a hotel to be avoided.

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank nordicskier
Fishermans2000, Fishermans 2000 Ltd at Fisherman's Point Resort, responded to this review, 7 December 2009
Over the pass few months the apartment owners have been upgrading the apartments.
We have been getting some good comments in recent times. we look forward in seeing you back here with us and having a different opinion.
MDTraveler08
Reviewed 30 December 2008

After staying at my girlfriend's mother house in St. Maria, the Fisherman's Point was like heaven on EARTH! I stayed in a spacious one bedroom apartment style room. The room had it's own dining room and kitchen with a stove, sink, microwave, and refrigerator. The room was clean and kept clean during my stay. There was hot and cold running water. I had an awesome view of the beach. The Coconuts restaurant - which is located on the property - had great food and the service was EXCELLENT!!! The location of the hotel was great...Marguaritaville is located right across the street and the local shops are within a 3-5 minute walk from the hotel. I stayed at the hotel by myself (I am a young single lady) and I never worried about my safety.

• Liked — Location was great!
  • Disliked — Air conditioner was not fully functional but it did the job...
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank MDTraveler08
Indianapois
Reviewed 16 December 2008

Just got back and got a room for $65, cheaper than anywhere on internet. No reservations but got right in. Credit card system wouldn't work and desk wasn't very helpful. Pool nice but closed bar, nice grounds sufficient security. Adequate room. with living and dining area and some kitchen facilities. Restaurant terrible. Good location decent restaurant accross the street called Oceans Eleven. Had a car so convienent to come and go. Did not get our wake up call upon departure. Good TV reception.

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank joe123Indianapolis
saskatoon
Reviewed 15 December 2008

fishermans point is not a bad place the owners and staff have to start takeing more care of the people who goes there for holiday and if people are getting rob all the time then no one will want to go there it onley takes a few more complain from thease people that are geting rob and this place is black listed the people that have jobs there will they will be out of jobs and this is not a good time to be out of work so listen up workers and owners of fishermans point you guys know the people that do not belong on your property so get them off or just dont allow them on the property i love fishermans point i have been going back there since 1990 and there are some good people there eg miss brooks and candice at front desk this is your job guys this is where you make your money so make shure its safe for the people that goes there to visit , see you in december . sammy in canada

Stayed January 2008