“Okay Hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Brooklyn, New York
“Okay Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

My room wasn't ready when I check-in. New place but needed serious repairs. See pictures. The hotel didn't have a private entrance to the beach, so we walk about 400m to the entrance. The utensils were dirty and old. There were two forks keeping the kitchen window closed. The faucets were rusting. Fridge didn't cool anything

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

I enjoyed my vacation staying at the Fisherman's Resort. There are plenty of good restaurants around. I really liked when i called in advance and I got an early check-in. As soon as I arrived there at 11:00 am my room was ready and the Manager as pleasant as she was took me to my room told me everything I need to know about my room. The staff is very nice and helpful. The pool is clean and the area is outstanding. The beaches were all around the area also. The only thing that I did not like about my room was that there is only one AC located in the bedroom, so when i step out into the kitchen ,dining , living room area is hot and there was only one fan. So as you can imagine when I am cooking in the kitchen is got extremely hot at times, so I decided to do less cooking throughout my stay. But I will surely stay there again. The housekeeping does a good job cleaning room and i always had clean towels. The area is a close to downtown Ocho Rios, and there are lots of stores that you can shop at. The ATM in that area also gives you US currency cash out the machine. They also accept USD currency in many stores throughout that area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

My stay was pleasant, it's not the holiday inn but it a nice place to hang your hat if your not planning on living in your room. I wanted to see the sites not sit in my room. So to be honest the rooms were out dated and the place need to be painted but it was a good place to be safe and sleep. the beach is really close and all the shops were in walking distance. I could walk out my room and take about 5 minutes to get to the white sandy beaches. security was good and the people were very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Willingboro, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

Just returned from Fisherman's Point Resort, and well as my caption says it needs to come off the website listings. First, my family was given a two beedroom #54 which had furniture that was so......soild that we placed the sheets from the beds on the couch and loveseat. The bathroom light was not working due to a short in the wire. The kitchen sink was falling off the back wall and the beds for an older person were so close to the floor that we needed a strong arm just to get up, from sitting on them. The loft had trash in it and well the air conditioner in the main bedroom wire was exposed and well even with the switch on it didn't work. The toilets look like ones you might had gotten out of the trash since the inside bowls were BLACK....

After complaining to the front desk or should I say DESK, the manager tried to compensate us by saying "If we placed a curtain up to the bathroom window and tried to fix the light, would you stay in the room". Well you know the answer, We were assigned to another two bedroom which was much better. Looking around the resort there are many Jamaican's that live there on a permanent basis,and well even the pool was dirty, the cats took over the children pools (6).The place is really run down, the beach pass was just a piece of paper that when it got wet oh well, just had to get another. There was nowhere to get chairs and towels from since the other hotel had seem to take over a section of the beach. Only one key and the lock look like you only need a butter knife to slip through the door to get in. I don't know how the websites can glorify this place when it's a DUMP. By the way we had only one towel and one face cloth for the four of us to used??????
The two clubs on the strip had music blairing until around 4 in the morning. All and All this is not the spot that some reviewers are saying is good to stay at. Please take your blinders off your eyes.

FOR YOUR SAKE PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank denise5732

Travellers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

cali
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

the hotel was very close to the beach the shops, food even though we went out and bought food to cook in the room we did eat out a few times and the choices on the road were very nice the hotel staff was very helpful and a pleasurei have stayed at the fishermans five times and i have been very happy with my room every time .the kitchen for the most part has everything you need to do your own cooking you just buy the food i have told all my friends relitives about this diamond in the rough

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

I have been going to Jamaica and Ocho Rios for the past 20 years. I have stayed at most places on Mallard's beach. My decision to stay at Fisherman's Point was location and affordability. There were no surprises for me as I knew the overall condition of the facility.

The rooms were in need of refurbishing but were clean and comfortable. Hotel staff could not do enough for use to ensure our stay was comfortable. If you are a beach person and live on the beach I would not recommend this place for you. If you are someone that embraces the local culture and just wants a comfortable affordable place to stay I would highly recommend Fisherman's Point. Yes I have stayed at far nicer places however I like the laid bad atmosphere of Fisherman's Point.

Across the roadway is Ocean's Eleven and Margaretaville for night time entertainment. Fishermans's point is located within walking distance of everything.

I will be staying there again on my return visit.

• Stayed February 2010
Flin Flon MB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

The furniture was out dated and the first room they put us in was awful if they give you the room next to the parking lot and mini mart refuse before going in. When we asked for another room the next morning even the desk girl laughed and wasn't surprised. The phones only work internally and friends that were staying at Couple San Souci couldn't reach us as the number in the phone book was disconnected, good thing my black berry worked but then it was long distance and roaming for every call or text. The pool in the picture is not the one that is there. you have to walk through coconuts on the bay to get to the paved pathway that takes you to the public beach which closes at about 6-7 P.M. and you need a voucher from the front desk or you will have to pay a small amt. to get on the beach. The hotel itself after you get a decent room is clean and comfortable but not really what we had thought it was so it may have been our mistake. It['s all what you want but after 8 days in Negril at Rondel Village(EXCELLENT) it wasn't a great change for us

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends