“Basic but very clean”

Fisherman's Point Resort
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This place was clean and all the electrical appliances worked except for the iron. Everyday the apartment was cleaned and bed sheets changed by the hospitality team.

I went for a short 1 week vacation,i would stay there again. Mainly because the value for money was good they even gave clean fresh towels daily. The apartment was clean without vermin.

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed 10 November 2010

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 1 night. That was long enough. The rooms are very tired, look like they have not been refurbished in a very long time. There is a bar / restaurant which is part of the complex. The night I stayed they played music until around 4am which made sleeping before that virtually impossible. Wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank cmcSydney
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I spent the last week in June at fishermans point with my partner who is resident in Jamaica. What a delightful 1 bedroomed apartment, my only big complaint is there needs to be an A/C fitted in the living room as well. The staff are are slow when attending to your needs but I now know that is the Jamaican way of doing things after all it is so hot all of the time. You have everything near by food, entertainment, the sea and cash points. The pool area is dead and needs a bar and a little soft background music but in saying that I had the pool area to myself most days. I must point out this complex is partly owned by Jamaican citizens so you can sometimes get the real feel of Jamaica and it can become quite loud and a little intrusive, the lady above me had a dog who barked a little too loud at times and she would water her flowers on her balcony which left puddles of water outside my apartment. I did not like Ocho Rios at all but my partner worked there so I had no choice, the men are like persistent lice as soon as I stepped out of the apartment there were declarations of love of course because I was from a different country they really upset my holiday sometimes. If my partner is still working in Ocho Rios then I am forced to stay and it would definitely be back at fishermans point.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

If you are someone that embraces the local culture and just wants a comfortable, affordable place to stay, the laid back atmosphere of Fisherman's Point is for you. I find it charming and informal. Charmaine at the front desk is very helpful.

While no two rooms are alike, many of the suites are privately owned and available for long-term rental. The suites could use refurbishing (some peeling paint and older rattan furniture) but are clean and comfortable. They offer one or two-bedroom suites, complete with kitchenette, cable TV, and private balconies, in-room safe, ceiling fans & a/c, and full kitchenette. The onsite facilities include a pool, restaurant, childcare, grocery, coin-op laundry, spa services and currency exchange.

Fisherman's Point is located within walking distance of everything, beachfront to Turtle Beach and is my "home away from home” in Ochi. It's walking distance to all the major shopping and entertainment facilities with a wide selection of fine restaurants to choose from and all the night life you’ll ever need right on your doorstep. Across the street are Island Village Shopping Centre and Ocean's Eleven and Margaritaville for night time entertainment.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2010

My room wasn't ready when I check-in. New place but needed serious repairs. See pictures. The hotel didn't have a private entrance to the beach, so we walk about 400m to the entrance. The utensils were dirty and old. There were two forks keeping the kitchen window closed. The faucets were rusting. Fridge didn't cool anything

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I enjoyed my vacation staying at the Fisherman's Resort. There are plenty of good restaurants around. I really liked when i called in advance and I got an early check-in. As soon as I arrived there at 11:00 am my room was ready and the Manager as pleasant as she was took me to my room told me everything I need to know about my room. The staff is very nice and helpful. The pool is clean and the area is outstanding. The beaches were all around the area also. The only thing that I did not like about my room was that there is only one AC located in the bedroom, so when i step out into the kitchen ,dining , living room area is hot and there was only one fan. So as you can imagine when I am cooking in the kitchen is got extremely hot at times, so I decided to do less cooking throughout my stay. But I will surely stay there again. The housekeeping does a good job cleaning room and i always had clean towels. The area is a close to downtown Ocho Rios, and there are lots of stores that you can shop at. The ATM in that area also gives you US currency cash out the machine. They also accept USD currency in many stores throughout that area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2010

My stay was pleasant, it's not the holiday inn but it a nice place to hang your hat if your not planning on living in your room. I wanted to see the sites not sit in my room. So to be honest the rooms were out dated and the place need to be painted but it was a good place to be safe and sleep. the beach is really close and all the shops were in walking distance. I could walk out my room and take about 5 minutes to get to the white sandy beaches. security was good and the people were very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo