We stayed for 6 nights. To be fair, the first night we got there, there was no one else staying in the hotel. So needless to say, the service was amazing. The all inclusive nature of the hotel is great, but the major selling point to me and my girlfriend was the location. Its a few miles off the beaten path of the rest of the resorts in Ocho Rios and the private beach that it over looks is absolutely breathtaking. There are small jetties to walk out onto and jump off into the beautiful crystal clear 80 degree water, gorgeous white sand, and the beachfront bar is literally feet away from the beach lounging area. Our room was to be expected, but who cares about the room. It did the job just fine. The staff was always nice and professional and we were treating like gold once the staff caught wind that it was our one year anniversary together. They took extra special care of us and even reserved a table with the best view each night we went to dinner. As the hotel got busier and more guests showed the service never declined. The menu at the hotel restaurant was great. At least three to four things to choose from each day being different from breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We seriously decided a few days to not even venture out into Ocho Rios because we felt so at home and relaxed at the hotel. We had everything we needed, food, booze, our room, the beach, and activities.
The only thing I would say negative about the hotel is that they don't actually offer all that is said on the website when it comes to the all inclusive water sports. The snorkeling is really the only thing that is available. The kayaks didn't have oars, and there were no catamarans or sailing boats as advertised. But the snorkeling is amazing and the reef not too far out from the hotel beach is breathtaking.
All in all, an amazing trip, we will never forget. We will always remember our nights at the beachfront bar with Smiley. The self nicknamed bar tending genius who makes a killer drink and manages to make you laugh.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios