“Don't think about it - Just go!”

Tower Cloisters Condominium Resort
Tower Cloisters Condominium Resort
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We have just returned from Tower Cloisters and would most certainly recommend a stay there to anyone. The appartment was spacious and extremely well equipped with a daily maid service. The bar and restaurant were friendly, excellent service and good value for money. All the staff were most helpful and so friendly. We used the service of Errol a taxi driver who was also an extremely good guide. It cost US20 return to go into Ochos Rios and US40 return to Dunns River Falls. It is also possible to hire him for a day, which we did. The location is quiet the pool is cleaned every day and Reggae Beach is just 15 mins walk away and it has a bar/refreshments and a loo. We paid US5 to go onto the beach (but that keeps the sellers away). Jamaica is a beautiful island where we received a wonderful warm, friendly welcome. Our visit was a dream come true.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank travellersfrom

Reviewed 16 May 2007

I have recently returned from Tower Cloisters and have had a great holiday. Tower Cloisters is a thoroughly pleasant block of apartments. The apartment we stayed in was nice and spotless, the swimming pool (although smaller than it looks in the picture) was always inviting. The grounds are well kept, the staff friendly. Glens Restaurant which is attached served good food and there is a nice Jerk Stand/Bar 2 minutes walk away.

My only issue was Location, Location, Location.... although classed as Ocho Rios it is actually in the next parish and if like me you want some activity to your vacation, be prepared to spend some money on transport. During the day you can get local taxis JA60 with the locals (definitely an experience). Or a chartered taxi is from JA600 up. Reggae Beach is in walking distance, but walking along Jamaican roads is only for intrepid travellers.

I had a fantastic time and my holiday was really cheap. I don't mean to sound at all negative but feel the need to be objective so others can make informed decisions.

8  Thank Any1
Reviewed 11 April 2007

I chose Tower Cloisters after consulting Trip Advisor and seeing such wonderful comments. I am pleased to say they are all true. The apartments are spacious and extremely well equipped. My husband particularly enjoyed watching some of the World Cup Cricket on the TV.
I think this is the best self catering accommodation we have ever used. I have never been in ones with such service, and we been in a lot over the years. I only had to get meals (or go out for them), no other work necessary. In the 2 weeks we were there, we had 4 changes of sheets and towel changes every other day. The rooms were cleaned every day bar 2 and I think those omissions may have been due to a misunderstanding.
The complex is small and friendly. There is a good pool where we swam most days whatever else we did. The gardens are well kept and pleasant. The restaurant is attractive, the food is very good and very reasonably priced. Unfortunately I never got round to sampling the curried goat (which I like) as there was such a lot of choice!
There is a basic supermarket very close and good super market in Ocho Rios. Reggae Beach seems a bit of a walk because the entrance is at the far end but it is lovely when you get there. The food shack serves great chicken and rice'n'peas. Take a route taxi (very cheap) to Oracabessa for James Bond Beach which has calmer sea and sun loungers. You can walk down the track from "the square" to it. Take a route taxi in the other direction into Ocho Rios then walk along to the other end of town for a meal at "The Ruins at the Falls," US$15 for an all you can eat and drink buffet by a lovely waterfall then a walk round the gardens and across the waterfall to get some of the calories off!
All in all we had a great time at Tower Cloisters. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we felt comfortable, chilled and very welcome. I would certainly recommend anyone to stay here for a guaranteed wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank eaudykes
Reviewed 3 August 2006

We have just returned from Tower Cloisters, 8 in our party including a 9 month old baby. We all had a fantastic time. The apartments were spotless, the staff were all excellent and a lot of fun. Food in restaurant was good with a good choice and reasonably priced. Madeline and the staff were very welcoming but there was a lack of entertainment. We loved our holiday and would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
9  Thank Vivienne_Pollock
A TripAdvisor Member
Middlesex, UK
Reviewed 7 July 2005

We stayed at Tower Cloisters for 2 weeks and had a wonderful time. Madeline and her staff are so friendly and helpful.
The apartment was clean and spacious, a real homely feeling about the place.
The restaurant was very pleasant and prices were reasonable, we ate there most nights.
I will certanly be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 May 2005

great rooms/service/food/views/comfort
what more could you want

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank SylBirminghamEngland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 April 2005

I found a small peice of Paradise on my visit to Tower Cloisters. I was amayzed this place was quiet and serene. On our next visit the staff was hosting my Wedding reception in thier quaint Restaurant/Jazz Club. For our anniversary the owners had a beautiful dinner at their cost. I often think of the astonishing sunsets from the balcony. I'ts remarkable

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member