“Great private excursion with Captain Tony”

Sunshine Watersport & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunshine Watersport offer the best Activities in fishing trips, sightseeing, Dunn's River Falls tours, snorkeling, White River Valley Tour and many other activities to make your vacation unforgettable.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We recently visited Ocho Rios for the third time and were looking for something unique to do this time around. We had previously done Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mountain's ziplining and bobsled ride. I researched here on tripadvisor and found Sunshine Watersports. We emailed back and forth and decided to book the "Laughing Waters" tour with a snorkel stop which came to $120 for the both of us ($60 each). When we got off the ship Captain Tony was there at the gate with my name written on a placard. He's a friendly guy and walked us over to his boat where we met his assistant Marvin. Off we went, just the 4 of us down the Jamaican coastline, past Dolphin Cove and Dunn's River Falls. Finally we came to a secluded beach and the "Laughing Waters" waterfalls. This is the location where they filmed the James Bond flick, "Dr. No". The land is now owned by the government and we could see the security guard posted there. At first I thought he might stop us from getting a closer look but they must recognize Tony and his boat and didn't give us any problems at all. We were able to get out and take photos and I must admit we felt like Sean Connery and Ursula Andress for just a brief moment LOL. Next Tony took us out to a reef to snorkel. The reefs in Jamaica are nothing special in comparison to others we've snorkeled in Grand Turk and Grand Cayman but we still enjoyed it. On our way back to the ship, Tony and Marvin stopped at a wonderful waterfall. We got out for a swim and great pictures. Heading back, Tony asked us if we had any other plans for the remainder of the day. I asked him where the best jerk food could be found and he recommended "Scotchies". He called one of his friends to meet us back at the dock. Our taxi guide was there and was also named Tony. We worked out a reasonable price for a ride out to Scotchies and then to an internet cafe afterwards. The jerk at "Scotchies" was so yummy but beware of the hot sauce which is very,very,very hot! (Fortunately Tony had forewarned us). We highly recommend Sunshine Watersport for a memorable time in Jamaica!! Next time we go back we will try the fishing excursion as Tony suggested :) Thanks again Tony and Marvin!

1  Thank cindy l

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I had been wanting to go fishing ever since we met, but had never had the chance. We found Capt. Toney and decided to try it on our Jamaican Honeymoon vacation. We were thrilled with Capt. Toney's professionalism and courtesy. On our trip the waves were so harsh and it was pouring down rain. We were having a blast, but Toney recommended we try again another day when the water was calmer. As fishing is "no guarantee" we thought we would have to pay full price again, but Toney took us out again free of charge AND also added a snorkeling AND Dunn's River trip for FREE. Not to say you should expect this, of course ;) but we thought is was really nice of him. He really just wanted us to have a great time. And WE DID!! We caught a big mahi mahi (dolphin fish) and had it cooked up at our resort. It was delicious!! We had such an amazing time and would definitely recommend Capt Toney and his team for any excursions (fishing, snorkeling, Dunn's River, etc). Thanks Capt Toney! We will be back!!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

First let me tell you that I am a Hunting and Fishing guide in Canada, So I expect a high level of service. I have been travelling to Jamaica for over 20 years and fish each time im down and I can honestly say that I have found my new fishing partner. Tony and his employees are wonderful. They put us on to fish with in 15 minutes and it stayed like that all day. His equipment is top notch ( car we were picked up in, Boat, Motor, Fishing gear) and he was on time to the minute with pick ups. As the week went on My friends and I used Tony two more times for tours threw Ocho Rios and a trip to Montego Bay. Take from me that Tony is trustworthy and Very Reliable. I will be for sure using Sunshine Watersports on my return.

2  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Jamaica inn, going fishing with Tony, Marvin, & Gary was by far the best experience we had (besides Jamaica Inn of course). We went fishing on their boat, the "Little Children". The fishing was great, these guys really do know what they are doing, we felt like it was a truly local experience. We have taken charter fishing excursions in Hilton Head multiple times and this was easily my favorite. We ended up catching 8 tuna, (brag gin rights go to the wife though, wife-5 me-3). Also they took us to see "Laughing waters", which i highly recommend if you are averse to crowds, like the ones we have heard are usually at duns river falls. to cap it all off we were able to have them take us snorkeling as well. we snorkeled over an amazing coral reef, it was truly an outstanding experience. I cannot put into a single review how amazing they were to us, and how great the experience was.

1  Thank Mikec3305
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I freely admit that I don't have a lot of ocean fishing experience but all of the good things reported by others in their review are absolutely true. We went out on a day that by my standards was a little rough and Toney asked if we were ready to get wet, then all but guaranteed we would catch fish.
He was right we brought back 4 skipjack and 1 black fin tuna, we should have had at least 2 more good sized fish but one line got fouled causing us to loose that opportunity and cost us some time but what can you say? All in all this is a seasoned, professional and effective fish finding and catching crew.
The other side benefit is when you stay at the Jamaica Inn they pick you up and drop you at the hotel beach and after you take what you want the Inn's kitchen staff will prepare meals for you from your catch. We had multiple servings over a couple of days of the jack and tuna grilled and with jerk sauce on the side. All I can say is that these people know what to do with fish from catching it (Toney and Marvin) and preparing it (Chef and kitchen staff at the Jamaica Inn) It was very, very good.

You don't have to book Toney through the Inn he has his own web site at

http://sunshinewatersport.com/ Don't worry go fishing!

1  Thank Larry_CNC