We celebrated our 25th anniversary at the seaside cottage, and loved it!! Extremely private, with excellent views of the sea and easy access to some incredible snorkeling spots right off the shore. We enjoyed using the kayaks there as well.
The seaside cottage is very unique, and we really liked the colorful Caribbean decor and open-air shower downstairs (it was SO hard to go back to a regular enclosed shower!) We also kept the doors open, and the cool breeze kept us very comfortable - happy to report no mosquitoes at all during our stay.
In my op, this cottage is ideal for those who are:
- seeking a very private experience, but still close to Ocho Rios
- wanting to hear, smell, see and touch the sea!
- independent and adventurous (we recommend renting a car).
- wanting to avoid an all-inclusive or disney-like experience.
- snorkelers/divers - great coral reef within a couple feet of the dock!
- art lovers - owners Annabella/Peter own Harmony hall, and I highly reco a visit to the art gallery.
Our only disappointment was that we found it difficult to walk to town (dark at nite, somewhat seedy along the main road, with lots of hustlers, barking dogs, loud cars etc ), so we ended up driving a lot. Looks like though it is easy to hail a cab once you get on the main road (1/4 mile from Te Moana).
We definitely will return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocho Rios is the perfect place from which to explore Jamaica, being almost equidistant from Montego Bay, Kingston and Port Antonio. The cottage, located 1 mile from the centre of the popular resort town, is next to Peter and Annabella Proudlock's home, yet is completely self-contained, with separate entrance and small garden. Steps to the grotto give private access to the sea via steps, with interesting snorkelling on the adjacent reef. Downstairs, the fully equipped kitchen adjoins the comfortable living/dining area, with i-pod dock, a bathroom with outdoor shower, and single-bedded alcove. The veranda features two hammocks, and a dining table. An external staircase leads to the large bedroom, with sitting area, king-size bed, cable TV, shower room and ceiling fan. The view over the Caribbean Sea is stunning. Peter and Annabella will happily give advice on the many nearby attractions, which include their own Harmony Hall art & craft gallery and restaurant, the world famous Dunn's River Falls, golf, swimming with dolphins, riding, plantation tours, Noel Coward's Firefly, duty-free shopping and more. For those who have to stay in touch, there is complimentary high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Te Moana Cottages Jamaica/Ocho Rios