“Definitely Great Hotel.”

Mystic Ridge Resort
Ranked #9 of 20 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Post arriving to Mystic Ridge the employee at the front desk was amazing. She treated us very well and accomodated us efficiently. I would say that this place deserves every star or great rating it gets. I was very skeptical staying here based on the rating expedia or priceline gives it and because I am used to staying in very highend hotels, but being a last minute booking, I was very please with this place. The rooms were cleaned every day very well and the ac units ran excellent. The only reason I wouldn't give this hotel a 5 was because it had its flaws. For example, we had an one bed room apartment and the people upstairs in the loft was annoyingly loud and really made it miserable to hangout inside the room. At one point I was on my IPad and saw stuf falling on top it from the ceiling. However, this would not deter me from booking this place again. It made my visit to Ocho Rios a great one! Ps. The food at the restaurant was great, but the complimentary breakfast was not so much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Samantha B

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed at Mystic Ridge July 18th - 23rd. Awesome place.....very contemporary and relaxing. Customer service was good. Aneisia, Renado, Julisa, Rushay (spelling maybe incorrect) were great....very friendly. It's very close to everything in town you can walk Margaritaville, beaches. The pool on the property is great. Walk to Fisherman's Beach and get great seafood.
Overall I had a wonderful stay. The staff was great, rooms clean and most importantly great location walking distance for everything. I definitely plan on going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tania J
Reviewed 20 July 2012

When my family and I arrived to the Mystic Ridge Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica we were stunned to see how beautiful the place looked. The scenery and colors of the three story buildings that surrounded a large pool with several floors of dining with a bar and lounge were simply beautiful. As we took our luggage from the bus we arrived at the front desk to check in. This is where we encountered our first problem. The woman behind the desk had an attitude right off the bat. We had booked reservations for a king bed room and the resort could not find us on file. Instead they placed us in a twin bed suite and the room was very small and dirty. The water did not flow well and the toilet did not work. We went back to the front desk and demanded that we get the room that we paid for. After several minutes of deliberation, they placed us in one of the rooms we had asked for. The king room was beautiful. We had a large bathroom, extremely large bed, a couch and several pieces of furniture that we could put in for our clothes. And last but not least, the room was LARGE. Luxurious space for a beautiful room. After unpacking we went downstairs for dinner. We had ordered oxtail. We being Jamaicans known real Jamaican food and their food was horrible. The oxtail we each ordered was incredibly salty with very little seasoning and spice, and the portions of food were very small. After eating a horrible meal, we then found out our bill came to a wicked $72 USD. They had added tax on top of tax on top of tax and on top of more tax. Lesson learned, do not eat at this hotel. Each one of the people that worked at the resort were not very friendly and inviting. Several times our cable went out in our room and we called for service to have it fixed, and the person would show up 1-2 hours later. The location of the hotel was decent. It was in between family that we had visited but they did not offer many activities around the restort. The pool was very nice and very well maintained. None of the room were provided with ice or water to drink. It almost seemed you had to pay out of pocket for everything. The security guards at the place were very nice, and seemed to be the only ones with a positive mindset other then the rest of the workers there. When it was time for us to depart and leave the resort, we had asked for help to carry our bags downstairs and no one showed up to help. Once we went to the front desk, customer service had the nerve to ask for a tip for taking our bags when no one showed up. We did not tip. If you were to stay at this resort, plan on eating at the many food places that are offered in Ocho Rios or eat at the restaraunts in neighboring towns and parishes. The food is awful at the Mystic Ridge.

Room Tip: Make sure you have your reservation booked for the correct room and do not let them put you in the w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I do not like the restrictions and sameness of all-inclusive resorts so I chose to get married at this hotel which is just a stone's throw from the beaches and entertainment in Ocho Rios, Mystic Ridge Resort reminds me of the beautiful, lush mountains in Jamaica where I grew up. Although the weather was very hot, our one bedroom suite was kept very cool with airconditioning that worked. Marsha and the staff at Mystic Ridge worked well with the planners, Unique Wedding & Tours based in Brooklyn to make our wedding beautiful and memorable. We said our vows on the top of a hill overlooking the town and beaches in Ocho Rios followed by a reception around the pool listening to the melodies of a steel band. The food was excellent. The setting was perfect and decorated with beautiful tropical flowers by Debbie, an amazing Jamaican florist who also created the bouquets. A tour of Mystic Mountain was included (great eco-tourism) as well as breakfast with delicious tropical fruits. The servers are helpful and friendly. I will definitely return to Mystic Ridge - maybe on our anniversary since my husband, who had never been to Jamaica before, fell in love with the country.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caribfox
Reviewed 18 June 2012

You fly into Montego Bay or Kingston and its just 1.5/2hrs away respectively in the heart of Ocho Rios. I spent a weekend in June and ordered room service as i really wanted to stay in bed. Booked a a loft suite and it was clean,fresh,had a balcony where ic ould have breakfast. The room service is at an additional charge but well worth it and the food was good and served in large portions:) Staff was great. the loft suites have several windows that arent draped so if you dont like sun dont take this room, however its a great room. i ordered room service AFTER the kitchen was closed and Julisa from the front desk assisted me in still getting a meal. The chef also personally delivered it to my room which was great. The bar served great drinks. Overall a good trip> i will def be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you like dark rooms, the loft suites are not for you. lots of sky windows.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shar_Loy
Reviewed 31 May 2012

You fly into Montego Bay and take a car about 45 minutes to Ocho Rios, just past Dun's River Falls, and the site of the first James Bond film, Dr. No.

With the ocean on one side, you go up a short hill to this Resort and you are in another world. The lush plantings, clear rivers and waterfalls coming down the mountain, sipping Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in a covered outdoor cafe', and just relax

If you want to spend ten times more money you can go to the Jamaican Inn just down the road, or perhaps go there for dinner, and it also beautiful.

You can walk to the Falls and to town, lovely place.

Room Tip: Good to see the Caribbean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank George A
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend for the weekend at the beginning of May 2012, and I can honestly say it’s one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in!
The location was perfect! Just minutes away from the main town and even though it’s up a steep hill, it’s very easy to get to. Price for the weekend was very good value for money too, so staying here won’t break the bank!
Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and helpful and welcoming. Check in was prompt, and we were taken to our room and looked after by a very helpful bellboy called Renaldo, who enriched our experience and made it all the more pleasurable. He was extremely helpful and accommodating! A fine example of good hotel staff if I do say so myself!
When we arrived at our room, I was blown away! Clean, spacious, colourful and elegantly decorated; it ticked all our boxes! I couldn’t have been happier. Beds were neat and clean, bathroom was spotless and the balcony outside was a nice addition.
We ordered dinner to be served in our rooms, and it arrived quickly, was hot and absolutely delicious! It was lovely to sit and eat on the balcony, as the views from our room were wonderful!
Breakfast was a treat! Light and tasteful; another winner! We also spent time in the pool and my only criticism is that the Jacuzzi water jets were not working and the pool had little creepy crawly things in it, which was a bit off putting, but this wasn’t a real problem.
Would I recommend this hotel to others? Hell yeah! I am going to book this again when I next come back to Jamaica. If you want a fair priced, beautiful, conveniently located hotel in Ochy, then this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 107. It was wonderful!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple