“Excellent Location”

Ranked #8 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
South Florida, Florida
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Mystic ridge in an ideal place to stay if you plan to see Ocho Rios without a car. We stayed in a penthouse room, very clean, no bugs. We walked daily to downtown no problem its right in the middle between ruins restaurant and Ocho Rios jerk.The hill is very steep but that is the only complaint. There is a onsite restaurant ok for breakfast but not great. The pool onsite is a good size and is cleaned daily. There is also a swim up bar. You can can to duty free shops at the taj mahal shopping center, with a cambio location if you need it. Island Village shops short walk.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to back of property you can hear the waterfalls from the ruins from your balcon...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunshinefalls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this property for only a day in April; however I was impressed with my room. The bed was huge and the food prices continues to be great. The restuarant, rooms and location makes this hotel a must stay. The grounds was well kept and my only issue is that the hot water was non existant. The view from the room was great and the next time, I stay there I will certainly request this room again, hopefully the hot water will be working by then. Breakfast is not bad; however I think it could use a little tweaking such as more options if you want to pay instead of just 2 choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Bed, it will surprise you. its huge.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Jamaica
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was an unplanned weekend off to ochio rios and the place was good to stay with its two bedroom suits. Perfect fit for the family stay with kids. Location is high selling point with a refreshing morning view of the town overseeing the caribbean sea and property is decent with a nice pool and a tennis court. Staff is good but a bit lazy, so if there is no time restrictions, it is value for money indeed.

Room Tip: Balcony views of the east side are a bonus or if you want to enjoy early morning coffee overlooking...
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My father, Uncle and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We had ajoining rooms with a balcony/porch - theirs a twin room, mine a double. The beds were oversized, which was brilliant, with clean bedding and comfortable matresses. The decor of rooms was clean and unclutered, and was in keeping with the rest of the complex.

The pool and bar area were never over populated, and although I only stayed 3 nights, I got the feeling this hotel was very secluded and quite, and struck me as a lovely place a newly wed couple might stay on their honeymoon.

The only downside I can think of is the hill you need to walk up to get to the hotel!

All in all, a lovely stay and I would certainly go back.

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel previously when it was under a different brand and the renovations to the rooms are great. The decor and bathroom updates are really nice. I was a bit disappointed with the service. We arrived at 4pm and was told that since the hotel was full we got an upgraded room, but it would not be ready for another 40 mins. I find this is unacceptable as we arrived one hour after the check-in time. If it is a busy weekend then bring in more staff. We as the front desk staff were fairly pleasant they needed more customer service training.

Room Tip: Get a room to the north west end from reception as you hear less of the night noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed in mystic ridge for three nights and absolutely loved it! It was a clean, lovely big room and comfortable beds. I was scared that there were going to be gigantic insects in the room but we didn't see one the whole time we were there. The service was great and everyone working there was genuinely friendly. Also we got free access to Mystic Mountain through staying here, which was amazing. Definitely worth paying the extra $22 for two bobsled rides. Don't bother getting taxis into the town centre, it's only a short walk and the hill isn't too steep. We'd really recommend Evita's and momas for food. Jerk centre was really good too. Breakfast here was good, they made us fresh and delicious omelettes every morning. Also lovely big pool with swim up bar, perfect setting for sipping on a cool red stripe,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Well. We did this as apart of the Groupon promotion. I am known for being truthful so here it goes. Unlike other reviewers, I do not have an overall picky demeanor when it comes to where I stay. If I want the Ritz or the Hilton then I will stay there. However, the place must be clean, safe, affordable, and accommodating. I must say that this hotel has really great service! This hotel is beautiful: the grounds, and the people. Mr Singh who is one of the two drivers who offer their taxi services, was AWESOME! He treated my sister and I like we were family. PLEASE PLEASE if you have to get a ride, patronize him. Back to the hotel. We got in from our flight at around 10:00 p.m. from Philadelphia and arrived to Montego Bay (Sangster). Please note that the normal operating hours for the taxi's to the hotel's and resorts are typically from morning until late evening (unless noted otherwise) so like 7 (or earlier) -9 p.m.. After that...you are on your own. Unless you are staying at a resort that provides transportation around the clock-schedule an early flight. Note that the thing they will not inform you of is that the taxi's are per-ride not per passenger (noted in all of their travel guides). However, unless you are staying in Montego Bay this could become VERY COSTLY. Mystic Ridge is about a good hour and forty five minutes away from the airport. Prepare for this. You will not be able to take a bus or walk (it isn't safe to do at certain hours anyway-as with any place). Anywho, we ended up having to pay a ridiculous amount for a taxi (Juta Tours is the official taxi's there in Jamaica...DO NOT get in if it does not say Juta Tours). Our ride was fast although we were half asleep the entire time so we did not get to see anything on the way in. I must say however, that the taxi driver was very nice and even gave us a history lesson while we nodded off and on.
When we arrived to our hotel, it was midnight. Dragging along we made it to the front door already jaded by the ridiculously priced taxi ride.
Upon entering a large group of French Tourist were checking in. It went by fast, by the time we came to the front it had to be about 1:00 in the morning almost. For that time of night, I must say that the front desk was VERY helpful and accommodating. She had a smile, she was ready for us. Though she could not find our reservation (I had a confirmation number but apparently it disappeared on their system) she set us up with a room, had someone take our bags, and wished us a good night's rest. When I inquired about the room she said: "You are tired. Don't worry about it right now. Go in, get some sleep and we will deal with it in the morning. Pleasant dreams". Honestly, I thought I'd walked into a 1950's movie, she was so sweet. We dragged to our room and hit the sheets.
The next morning, reality set in-in a good way though. PLEASE NOTE: This hotel is on a mountain that is VERY steep. It is also located near a bird sanctuary, garden, very very nature outdoorsy kind of place. Expect lizards, bugs (oh the big bugs), and some stray cats (indigenous to islands and everywhere else.) The crickets were HUGE I am TERRIFIED of bugs and for someone who freaks out every time a bug comes near them, I did really well. I will tell you why: NOT A SINGLE BUG OR ANYTHING ELSE WAS FOUND IN MY ROOM. They take great pride in their establishment and I must say that we slept comfortably EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The cleaning women are VERY friendly and did a wonderful job. This is a pretty big place so for the women I did see to handle this place-I commend them.
My sister and I walked in on the woman cleaning the room and she was very precise in how she mopped, swept, folded our sheets, and I knew this wasn't for show because she'd done it everyday we were there. We didn't ask for clean towels but the hotel made sure we had them. They even folded them into birds and placed them on the bathroom rack. The shower was AWESOME. I am VERY particular about bathrooms and this one was very clean. The balcony was very nice, the furniture was sturdy (my sister and I are tall plus size women). The hotel was very nice. They even have Mystic Ridge rain forest park. The only activities included are the access to the park not any additional amenities.
The June Plum had great breakfast (try their punch and their sweet rolls) but their restaurant at night was overpriced and overrated. I DID NOT LIKE THE FOOD. My sister and I have a very adventurous palate but this food was the worse. We paid $7.00 each for cheesecake and expected a nice portion, but got a stale slither of cake. Please save your money and have dinner at the two restaurants at the bottom of the hotel. Yes there is a hill A HIGH HILL, but the food was waaaaay better. Also try Oceans on the Ridge (Mr Singh can take you for a fee). Both have affordable meals and good prices.
Mystic Mountain and Dunn's Falls are a must! Also, take advantage of a tour with Mr Singh. He will also take you souvenir shopping. Overall I loved the hotel. If you do not want to do the hour and a half long ride you can stay in Montego Bay but there is nothing to do outside of the resorts. I felt like I got a real taste for Jamaica when I went and I wouldn't change that for anything! Jamaica is a hustle! Hustle them back! It was a HUGE turn-off to be haggled so much but this was no fault of the hotel. The hotel made sure to take care of us, and for that I say they are top in my book when it comes to accommodations in Ocho Rios. P.S. they do not have a private beach but can take you to one (for a fee) as most places not directly on the beach do not have beach access. We still had a great time.
Here are some photos:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4127205654676.2139370.1119450495&type=1&l=c0d605e614

Room Tip: If you stay in the rear of the hotel you get to hear the waterfall in the restaurant next door. Pick...
8 Thank P L