Mystic Ridge Resort
US$71
Columbus Heights(Ocho Rios)
US$129
  • Pool
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$74
US$174
Official Site
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$134
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$461
US$424
All reviewssky explorerwalk downtowncable tvfull kitchenhot waterzip linemontego bayswim up barcaribbean seaevery other daynice resortloftpropertymarshadrivewayride
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed at Mystic Ridge for 5 nights in May. It was a pleasure staying here. The service was excellent and the location was the best! I would definitely recommend upgrading to the ocean front room. When we first arrived we were a bit disappointed with the lack of view we had. The TV was also not working so we chose to upgrade rooms for $25 a night. It was definitely worth the extra money. The view was stunning and the room was a lot more spacious. The rooms were always very clean each day and the service was excellent. The property was very pretty and the landscaping was well maintained. Overall, it was really great value!
PROS: Cleanliness
Room
Location
CONS:
Lack of hot water/water pressure
*We preferred to walk to the beach to save some money but we were often pressured to take the "free shuttle" but we felt we had to leave a tip.

Make sure you eat at the Jerk Center right next door to the hotel. It is excellent food and super cheap!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at Mystic Ridge as a part of the Groupon promotion for 3 days in March while visiting family in Jamaica. Overall it was a positive experience the hotel is beautiful.

Rooms - Our room was modern and clean, just as the photos from the website. We stayed in a standard room and were perfectly happy with that. We had some issues with the TV and as soon as we let the reception know they had it fixed.

June Plum - We had breakfast at the on-site restaurant every day. It was very good, there are not a large number of options but I was happy with breakfast each morning. We ate dinner at the restaurant on our first night. It was very good, but it was expensive in comparison to eating in town. For the rest of our stay we chose to have lunch and dinner in Ocho Rios.

Location - I felt the location was really nice. Even though it was not on the beach the view of Ocho Rios was beautiful and the pool was very nice. The hill that the hotel is on is extremely steep, as many others have mentioned. It was a good workout going up and down. The hotel is really close to Dunn's River Falls which is awesome. Our cab driver charged us $3000 or about $30 to go there and back. It was a little pricey for the short distance, but he just gave us his number and we paid on the way home which was really nice.

Spa - On the trip I really wanted to get my nails done. After trying to book an appointment for two days (The person who does the spa services kept saying she would be there and then cancelling) I finally just went into Ocho Rios and got them done for about $5 at a place called Faces and Fingers, so I was happy with that. I was just a little put off by the fact that the other woman said she would be there. I would have been happier if she just said she was unavailable in the first place.

What to do? - We were only there for 4 days, 3 nights so we managed to keep busy. Dunn's River Falls is a must! We took advantage of the free ride up mystic mountain it was beautiful up there. We had lunch at the restaurant which was good, beautiful view from every table. You can also zipline, swim or go on the bobsled ride. We also walked around Ocho Rios for a bit, I didn't purchase anything because the same things can be bought in other cities for much cheaper, and we had the ability to go there, but there were a lot of options for shopping. We found the hotel to be kind of boring at night, I don't think there were many people staying there. We would have a drink at the bar at night, but it would usually just be us and the bartender chatting. We turned in pretty early each night and chose to get up early and take advantage of the benefits of an early start. (When we went to Dunn's River we got there around opening and began climbing the falls after about a half an hour. Once we started a few groups had begun climbing up with us. By the time we finished the entire falls was FULL of people. When we left there was a HUGE line of people waiting to go. I would highly recommend going early, it was worth it! )

Overall it was a great mini gettaway during our vacation. I would definitely consider staying at Mystic Ridge again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Mystic ridge in an ideal place to stay if you plan to see Ocho Rios without a car. We stayed in a penthouse room, very clean, no bugs. We walked daily to downtown no problem its right in the middle between ruins restaurant and Ocho Rios jerk.The hill is very steep but that is the only complaint. There is a onsite restaurant ok for breakfast but not great. The pool onsite is a good size and is cleaned daily. There is also a swim up bar. You can can to duty free shops at the taj mahal shopping center, with a cambio location if you need it. Island Village shops short walk.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to back of property you can hear the waterfalls from the ruins from your balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunshinefalls
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this property for only a day in April; however I was impressed with my room. The bed was huge and the food prices continues to be great. The restuarant, rooms and location makes this hotel a must stay. The grounds was well kept and my only issue is that the hot water was non existant. The view from the room was great and the next time, I stay there I will certainly request this room again, hopefully the hot water will be working by then. Breakfast is not bad; however I think it could use a little tweaking such as more options if you want to pay instead of just 2 choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Bed, it will surprise you. its huge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was an unplanned weekend off to ochio rios and the place was good to stay with its two bedroom suits. Perfect fit for the family stay with kids. Location is high selling point with a refreshing morning view of the town overseeing the caribbean sea and property is decent with a nice pool and a tennis court. Staff is good but a bit lazy, so if there is no time restrictions, it is value for money indeed.

Room Tip: Balcony views of the east side are a bonus or if you want to enjoy early morning coffee overlooking the sea and property, this is best
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family