“Do not stay in room 114A Horrible!!!”

Mystic Ridge Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Where to begin, lets start with the few good things: Staff was very nice and helpful. Not a bad location, close to Mystic Mountain and Dunns River Falls. Great breakfast served each morning, owner of the restaurant takes great pride and a personal interest in the quality of food served. First morning I mentioned I wish he had ackee & saltfish for breakfast, he promised to have it the next day and he sure did.

Now for the horrible room: Booked a room for 3 people, 2 towels provided no washcloths, was told laundry truck had not arrived even though it was after 5pm. Did not received towels until after 10pm. Turned on bedroom AC, water started to fall like rain on the floor. Called the front desk and was told they would send maintenance. Called back after waiting almost 2 hours and was told no maintenance available until next day. They sent us some beach towels to put on the floor. After those were soaked we turned off the AC and had to sleep with no air. Came back to the room the following evening, still no maintenance, housekeeping just turned the AC off and removed the wet towels. Luckily we had only booked 2 nights. All the wood work in the room is stained and needs a paintjob. Baseboards, doors, etc. have black stain marks everywhere. Walls in the bathroom are stained and paint is peeling everywhere. Any maintenance that had been attempted is crappy, looks like they tried to patch some sections of the walls but forgot to sand, smooth, or paint. The green bed skirt was so dirty you could see black marks all over it. I could go on, but you get the picture. Wi-Fi is a joke, can only use it if you are by the pool of front office area.

Room Tip: Stay away from 114A, it is horrible, needs tons of work
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank APG4906
Rebecca R, Guest Relations Manager at Mystic Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

This reviewer was not a guest at Mystic Ridge Resort and has posted this review by mistake. This guest stayed in a vacation rental that is located on the same property as our hotel, but the rental is not owned or managed by Mystic Ridge. The comments above refer to the vacation rental and do not reflect the high quality of the amenities at Mystic Ridge Resort.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I don't even know where to begin on speaking how great of an experience we had. My boyfriend and I booked this trip through groupon and vacation express. They picked us up from the airport and it took us a while to get to the resort but when we did it was like no average hotel the setting is very peaceful and homey, we also received a complementary room upgrade, the staff was great they provide with a complimentary shuttle, to the beach and maybe one other place but they will also call a cab for you to wherever you have to go. Everything is walking distance and to top it all we were near the best attractions : Dolphin cove, chukka , dunns river fall and due to their with affiliation with mystic mountain we enjoyed a free bob sled and sky explorer. I fell in looooooove with the food I seriously wanted to put one of their chef in my pocket and take them home lol their all inclusive food all the time and drinks is the reason I came home 5 pounds heavier. I looked everything the staff was incredibly sweet we didn't want to come back I moreeeee than recommend this resort !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the loft or ask to see rooms before
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This resort is located in the heart of Ocho Rios, walking distance to the Jerk centre and the town and very close to all the major attractions. Its not beach front but they do offer a shuttle service to Ocho Rios Bay beach (which you can walk in couple of minutes) and its free for the guests. Our rooms were clean and comfortable with free wifi and cable TV. This property borders Turtle River and Falls and you can hear the falls which is very soothing if you're a nature lover - some persons in the group had the pleasure of staying in those rooms close to the falls. Most of the group stayed in standard rooms and I got no complaints from them and four of us opted to stay in a Loft suite which was amazing. The views were beautiful from high up plus the rays of early morning sun through the windows. I loved the loft bathroom - very spacious and elegant in its own way. For an additional cost you can opt for an all meals included package which is a good deal if you plan to stay in. For the price paid, it includes a buffet breakfast which is great. I enjoyed the fruit every morning - it was either the sweet pine or mangoes for me. Chef made sure our every need was met and he and his staff are doing a great job! Keep it up Chef! I want to say a special thank you to Dana who took care of us during our weekend stay and went beyond the call of duty. Carmen made sure we were taken care of by always asking when she saw me. It was a pleasure to meet you Mike - sorry we missed you at Mystic Mountain and we had an awesome time. Because we were staying at this hotel, Mystic Mountain rates were discounted which is a plus for any traveler. These people I have not met but they were really helpful and sweet to me whenever I called prior to the actual visit hence I must say a heartfelt thank you to Taneisha and Stephanie and they did go beyond the call of duty by ensuring that everything was in place prior to arrival. For those who want to pamper yourself, I would definitely recommend a massage from their spa services or a pedicure. Joy you were amazing with those magic hands! Two persons did the pedi and they were very pleased. Thank you all. This is a place I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naturelover34
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The good: Mystic Ridge is in a good location close to downtown Ocho Rios. The resort also has a very nice pool and the rooms are nicely decorated.

The bad: We booked the standard room on their website thinking that we would be getting a room with 2 double beds (We were traveling with 2 small children) we were given a small room with one double bed. We asked for a rollaway bed and were told that none were available and that all of the standard rooms with 2 beds were booked. The only option was to pay for an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen which we did but we were traveling in a group and 1 of our other group members booked through Condos at the Ridge and they were upgraded for free. Another problem was that our upgraded room was on the second floor and we could hear everything going on in the room above us (walking , talking, flushing the toilet, their Tv...etc).

My parents had the loft room and it was nice. If I stayed at this resort again I would book the loft room.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Suzzette C
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the loft suite while we were in Ocho Rios for 2 days . The room was clean, decor basic but slightly modern. There is a mini refrigerator but no microwave. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast which is complementary was a little disappointing, as we got the same jamaican dish both mornings. Also you are not allowed to serve yourself except the breads . Major plus is that staying at this property gives you great perks if you wish to go to Mystic Mountains rain forest adventure (a must do)!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nat W Smith
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My stay at the Mystic Ridge Hotel was excellent. Right in the heart of Ocho Rios. It is just 5 minutes walk from the shopping centre,supermarket etc and 2 minutes from the jerk centre where you will get really great jerk chicken.
The staff are friendly and will go the extra mile to help you,Marsha,Julisa and Martel especially
What makes my vacation at this hotel most memorable is the mobile spa service done in my room by Sanatta. She is very proffessional and have hands of magic. I did a body massage and hot stone foot massage. Her head massage is to die for. I would have love to do another service with her but could not afford it.

Be sure to a massage or two with Sanatta. She is the best! She did recommend Verona for a good facial and waxing.

I cant wait to go back to Mystic Ridge. Check out Mystic Mountain too while you are there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in February. The place can use some major renovations. The rooms are average. Waterpressure is low......we were always out and about and just needed a place to rest our heads for 7 days. The rooms are kept clean bed is decent, tv works and staff in the dining room are friendly. Btw remember it is not all inclusive....only breakfast is free. Ask for the jamaican breakfast bc it is not on the buffet line

• Stayed: February 2014