“Is there a more beautiful place to stay!?”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Columbus Heights

Living Room
Kitchen
Hallway
Bedroom
Bathroom. Does have hot and cold water. (some guest do ask)
Large pool
Swimming Pool
View from bedroom
View of the Apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Carrie H
Escondido, California
“Is there a more beautiful place to stay!?”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Uh..where do i start?
Ive never been to Jamaica before and researched extensively to find a reasonable place with local eateries. Im not the bushy resort type and this place had panoramic views and local ambiance. the apartment was steps away from the pool and quiet in Jamaican terms. One could hear the Jamaican music from afar but was not disturbing in the least. Jamaicans are on our night club hours and i loved going around town hearing music every where i went.
If you visit, I highly recomment Columbus Heights. The bed was comfortable and the apartment stayed cool and there's a kitchen to cook. If you know locals like i do, seeing the island is even more beautiful because you can actually see and meet the people and eat local food. in a safe and friendly environment. The internet does not do Jamaica any justice. yes you can drink the water and yes you can eat the local food. Just link up with local people to really see Jamaica and Jamaican people beauty.
Please note wifi was not available and the owner is working on upgrading to give visitors the most wonderful experience they will encounter. I was so impressed that I am contemplating on moving. If you want to travel with out being caught in the stereotype of a resort, please ask Kirk how you can link up with locals.

Your age range 35-49
Thompson...
“Wonferfull”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

A wonderfull vacations, the apartment is just really nice and comfortable. Honnestly, you don't need AC in this apartment, the fan is way enough. Bruce was really nice, and anything you need you should just let him know, and he will do everything he can to help you out. We did had a little problem with the housekeeping, he made another one coming and we got a new one that was just nice and amazing, and at least she was cleaning!! the security as well are really nice. As we did went in Jamaica for visit family, we definitly felt in love with this apartment, and the view is just amazing. Almost every mornings you have a cruise ship in front of the patio, what else?
It is close to everything, the swimming pool is nice. the gym is not free, but it is not a big deal, the prices are really affordable.
I have three bad point though:
1- the laundry are just open to public when the office is open! So on weekends, and evenings you can't wash clothes... To me it is a little disturbing, as during the office hours we were mostlikly gone up the hills with the family. The price as well is kinda expansive, for a washing and drying it is around 700$ JA, so about 7$US!
2- the people who where staying upstairs kinda bust their bath one evening and the water went everywhere in our apartment, we called Bruce to make him see, he came and he said he would come fix it when we would not be there, but it has never been fixed. So maybe he was talking after we left Jamaica and it was a missunderstanding.
3- The towels!!!! We spent the begining of our vacation to ask for towels... The first week we arrived, we did had only one towel each, there wasn't any anywhere, and we did wait to see the housekeeper. We actually got made after her, we did stay one week with one towel to shower... this is really not nice, I don't know anybody who don't care to shower with the same towel for one full week! Anytime she was saying she would come, and never show up, I never understood what was wrong with her, because I only saw her one time. One day I call Bruce and tell him if the housekeeper don't show up to change the sheets and give us clean towels I would contact the owner, and in the same day he sent us a new housekeeper (that was just amazing, and so nice) and everything after that went really good, but the first week was hard, I had to get mad still!

But those little 3 negative points won't change anything for us, we loved the apartment, the area, We definetly encourage people to rent it for vacations, trust me you will have amazing and relaxed vacations. We will definitly rent it back!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
213Canada...
Flin Flon, Canada
“Priceless View”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I just returned from a month long stay at this condo , I must say the view is to die for ! So is the walk up the hill to get to it if you are not in good shape . But there are route taxi cabs at the bottom waiting to drive you up if you are to exhausted from your days adventures for about 2-3 dollars Canadian , they will ask for more but its only worth 3 max !
We arrived off a 930pm flight into Montego Bay and had another hour and a half drive to Ocho Rios to Columbus Heights the condo is exactly as it looks in the picture other than it needed some freshening up , we were staying from Jan 31st to Feb28th 2016 I expected the place to be clean ! The insides of the cabinets were dirty and stunk , outside the fridge and the top of the fridge were so dirty and dusty I could write my name in the dirt . The coffee pot was made up of 3 machines that did not work , lamp by the door to the deck does not work , radio is a hit and miss if you can pick up a station and the CD player in the bedroom is just for collecting dust . The stove top blew a breaker when we were there and an electrician did come an fix it but the stove only has one burner that will heat up enough to cook on , the back left burner , yes the water in the shower runs out and wets the floor every time you shower but the floor must slat in the bathroom , there is never enough warm water either . The bed , bedding and towels are all so old nothing matches no more and is all stained . A cleaning lady did come but she used no more than water for cleaning , I did not think it was up to me to buy the mr.clean , garbage bags , toilet paper , dish soap ect but I did as when I arrived there was less than half a roll of toilet paper there . The condo is in a very nice safe area with a beautiful view , but if you are paying for the use of a kitchen and half of it is not useable or the bed is not comfortable do not stay here unless the owner Janet has agreed to make some changes because talking to Bruce that cares for the property for Janet is hopeless , it took Bruce 3 days to get us a working coffee pot and over a week for pillows . We booked this condo for 1,400 aprox Canadian and I see the price has now went up and just about doubled since we been back , I would not go back at the price she is asking now . There needs to be some new appliances , sheets , towels , bed , before increasing the rent in this condo as the view is not everything .There is also a condo committee in phase 5 of a group of women and they walk around like police , they are very unfriendly , rude and make you feel uncomfortable , they also do not welcome you around the pool or make you feel as if you can use it !

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The rude condo association members
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Kyla P
“Amazing ”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I have to say this apartment was amazing, very simply decorated the breeze was enticing off the water .the view off the Belcony was to dye for

Seymour R
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Apartment is poorly Kept”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I arrived at the property to find the Air-conditioning Unit and Toilet out of order. The Owner is aware the A/C is Old and INOP but still rented the Place. The Linens were also old. I would not recommend this Place to anyone seeking to have a relaxing vacation.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Trulycraz...
“What You See is What You Get”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this property in Columbus Heights during the Thanksgiving Holiday (end of November) for 8 magnificent days! I arrived at the security gate, and wound my way up the drive to find the property. After climbing numerous flights of stairs I arrived at the property. The housekeeper was still cleaning up, so I dropped my bags and headed to the grocery store to pick up some essentials. It was great because EVERYTHING is very close by (I even walked to dinner one night at Evita's Italian Restaurant). I headed back with groceries, and a nice clean space.

The Spot:
It is well maintained, beautiful hardwood floors, spacious couches (one literally the size of a bed), nice tables (including one on the balcony, which was taken advantage of and eaten at often), and ceiling fans. The house is traditional, so very open, and airy, slated shutters on everything, and with the height of the property it kept a nice breeze blowing through all of the time. The kitchen was small, but worked just fine.

The Difficulties:
There were a couple of problems, which would not prevent me from staying again. One was the shower, it leaked, no matter what I did there was always a puddle that needed to be cleaned up after showering. The other was the air conditioner (in the bedroom) was broken, which was not a problem for November (it does cool down a bit at night), but it might be an issue for a summer stay (as keeping the windows and doors open at night brings in the mosquitoes).

The VIEW was AMAZING, to wake up to the blue ocean, and cool breeze everyday was fantastic. The pictures do not even begin to do it justice, you must stay there yourself and experience it! I have included a couple though.

If you are looking for a beautiful view, nice accommodations, a place where you feel safe, and is close to everything, I recommend checking out this property, you will not regret it!

I am happy to answer any questions you might have!

Thanks!
Amy

Patrick F
Cochrane, Canada
“Breath Taking”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

What a beautiful spot. Peaceful and very Tranquill and only minutes from Ocho Rios. The apartments are completely furnished and nothing you will need except a beach towel. The manager of the property is very nice and the workers go out of their way to please. We are still in the middle of enjoying our stay.

We will definately come back.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Not a thing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing