other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ocho Rios Retreat

Master bedroom master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master bedroom
master bedroom
Twin bedroom made up as  king size bed
Twin bedroom
grounds
grounds
Tag Mahal duty free shopping
Children's play area
Twin bedroom
Twin beds made into king size bed
pool
Kitchen
Guest bathroom
Living room and dining area
Grounds leading to Turtle Beach
Turtle Beach minutes from the apartment
master bedroom
guest  bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

dsouzasan...
york
“Really nice house keeper but apartment poor value for money”
Reviewed 18 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

We stayed in apartment 43c Turtle Towers for 2 weeks - although the housekeeper was lovely we were very disappointed with the apartment. The bathroom and kitchen were both of very poor standard indeed, both had ants in. I have stayed in Jamaica many times and know that bathroom are never that brilliant , but this one was not in a good state at all, my kids didn't want to use the shower at all (but obviously had to) . There were some English plug sockets there but they didn't work properly... which was a worry regarding the electics. The apartment had some sky channels and when we requested that Disney channel be added we were told that the owner did try for us but couldn't get through to the company to add an extra channel !! So we had 2 very bored children with us as they couldnt go out as there was alot of rain whilst we were there . All in all the apartment was ok but certainly not worth the £700 that we paid for 2 weeks.... we broke a soap dispenser by accident and was charged £34 for a replacement one!! - deducted from the £50 key deposit , which i found a cheek considering we had overpaid for our stay there in the first place. The photos look good on the holiday sites but they were obviously taken when the apartment was first decorated - it is now very tired looking indeed......... I would strongly advise you to look elsewhere for a 2 wk stay costing £700 , there are much better places in Jamaica believe me.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Management Response
1 Aug 2011
I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the apartment. I have been providing holiday rental accommodation for over 4 years, and have a number of returning guests and can provide testimonials if required.
The apartment is registered/ approved with both JAVA and the Jamaica Tourist Board .

I called you towards the end of your first week and you stated that you were very happy with both the apartment and housekeeper who attended daily to clean so I find it rather strange to read that you saw ants but did not find it necessary/ important to bring this to the attention of the housekeeper or indeed myself!

There is one English plug in the apartment for personal use and only for emergency by guests, you were informed by the housekeeper that it would not work effectively if overloaded! further more being a regular visitor to Jamaica, I would have expected you to have brought your own adaptor.

My housekeeper phoned me from the apartment in your presence and stated that you were requesting extra TV channels.
You were informed that this was very short notice and you were due to depart within the next two days.
The DVD player in the apartment was available for your use and suitable DVD's could have been rented from the local store!

This apartment is normally rented as a two bedroom for £525.00 per week however you stated that your budget was limited and that you could not afford to pay this rate and requested the one bedroom for two adults and two children at a reduced rate of £50.00 per night. ( £350.00 per week).

At the time of booking you were given a copy of our terms and conditions which states " whilst we do not charge for wear and tear we do reserve the right to charge for damages which are outside of the norm"

This apartment was last decorated in December 2010 and the photos were taken to reflect this.
It seems to me that you are making this statement in retrospect in order to discredit the apartment.
Your behaviour throughout your stay did not reflect this otherwise you would have complained to my housekeeper or myself at the beginning, and if that were the case we could have come to some agreement to refund your money for the remaining days so that you could find a one bedroom apartment close to the beach for £50.00 per night.

I am disappointed and saddened in your response but I'm sure we will all learn from this experience.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$115
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing