“The staff are wonderful . Breathtaking views and a great value. The only place I will stay in ochos Rios until my home is comple”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I has an amazing time at silver seas. my eight year old daughter was treated like a princess by all of the staff, especially Donna the bartender. She was so good to her my child gave her the boogie board she just got for the trip. I LEFT THE HOTEL FEELING LIKE I WAS LEAVING FAMILY. I know you will have the best time in all of ochos rios staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 12 April 2013

A charming and unique hotel. Unlike all of the standardized resort hotels in the area it offers a unique stay with a real taste of Jamaica. The hotel is set back from the hectic road side, a heaven along the sea front with the best views around. The hotel rooms are huge with balconies offering the best ocean views around. Donna the bar tender is a legend and is a fountain of knowledge as to what to see, where to eat and how to travel in Ochi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Genuine_13
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Another great stay at this property.
There have been some nice improvements here.

We arrived late in the afternoon and ordered dinner here from Ivan, he offered it to be served on our balcony. Really nice and the food was very good. With this option we looked forward to this treat every night but one. Breakfast was usually poolside.

My only compliant was cleaning of the pool during the day when many are poolside.

Look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Order meals to be served on your lovely balconys
1  Thank rootswoman
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I had booked for two nights at the Silver Seas Hotel in Ocho Rios. When I traveled to Jamaica for the Rebel Salute Festival I was happily surprised when I arrived at Silver Seas and was met by friendly staff and beautiful ocean views.
My huge room with two queen size beds and a large bathroom including bath tub, also had a big terrace from where you could almost touch the Caribbean Sea. Very nice. Excellent food is served at the Silver Seas Hotel, as well. I had wonderful breakfasts with dumplings and ackee and saltfish, the typical Jamaican fare. Make sure you try it.
I had such a nice time there and was made to feel very welcome there that I decided to stay for another 9 days instead of going on to Mobay as I had planned.
Especially with the couple running the very cool pool side bar -Donna and Patrick- I became good friends instantly and I am sure I will go back next month for another visit. Donna is a sparkling happy lady, and she and her husband Patrick are sure to make you feel at home.
My friend who came to meet me there from Detroit felt exactly the same way about this great place and its wonderful staff.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Saskia B
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The locals knows it is dangerous and "banned" unofficially from tourists in the know, and hopefully the JTB will look into it. The presentation is seductive with nice view, but it is ridden with pimps, prostitutes and known as that kind of hotel. It is in the ghetto with one alley in and out. We got out as soon as we could. Please be careful. This area is rough and it is NOT for single women or people with small children. Saw several single men there for obvious reasons and out of the whole hotel they were only a handful of guests. It has good potential, and I hope the right people will take it over. But I dont know how they are going to fix the location unless they buy the whole neighborhood. Stray and wild dogs abound. Rooms are old, tattered, and hair present on dressers and awful smell. It look like no one stayed in our room for a year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Havelynn
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I just came back from Jamaica and I stayed at Silver Seas with my husband. Let's be honest this hotel is older and is in need of some much needed TLC. I'm unsure why others have bashed this hotel when you can clearly look at the rating that this hotel has received. This is not going to be a 2 star hotel like you will see overseas....its just not. The decoration, furniture and room accessories are older but that's only important if you plan on spending a large amount of time in the room. We partied, spend long nights on the beach, shopped, went sightseeing, partied some more and had a ball! Silver Seas provided exactly what we needed...a warm shower and a bed to crash on when we got back from partying at a great price. The view from our room was breathtaking and it was nice to wake up to the sound of the ocean every morning. The rooms are large and at the price its actually a steal. At an all inclusive resort the rooms are smaller and the price is more. Venture out....walk out to the market and buy a cold jelly or sugar cane, have a Guiness or Dragon Stout at the bar, get a manicure/pedicure, have breakfast at MOMS and lunch at World of Fish and in the evening find a party to go to!!!!!

The women from housekeeping were the friendliest and most humble women I've ever met especially Benneth. They worked harder than any housekeeper that I've seen here overseas. Its obvious that this hotel needs a bigger budget to exceed everyone's expectations. For example take notice of what they dispense their cleaning supplies in and the rags and towels for the rooms. I have extremely sensitive skin so I always bring my own towels, soap and sheets so not having enough towels in the room was not an issue for me.

We never once felt unsafe while we stayed at Silver Seas. It is located on a very busy street and had guards at the entrance every morning and every night. Our suitcases were there more than we were and there was nothing missing from our room or suitcase. My suggestion for traveling somewhere unknown is........ travel light!!!! We only brought our cellphones that doubles as our camera. We kept our passports in our suitcase and we didn't flash any foreign money. We didn't bring a camera, jewelry (except our wedding bands), laptop, IPAD, IPOD...nothing of value. After all you're on vacation!!! Live it up and ENJOY!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms offers breathtaking views.
6  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The silver seas was the first luxury resort in Ochos Rios, built in 1948. Its getting older but some of the rooms have been redone and the view from the balconies is fantastic. You are right on the sea, a nice clean pool,bar,restaurant serving very good food. The staff has been there an average of 20 years and is very helpful

Room Tip: the second floor rooms have great views and sea breezes.
4  Thank 40c