“Great value!”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had an amazing time at Silver Seas. It was a great deal for the price! I had an Ocean View room which had a beautiful view of the ocean and a rather large balcony to relax. Donna (the bartender) and her husband were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean but there was no fridge or microwave in the rooms (it's an older style hotel). The location was pretty central as well. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I were in Jamaica for a family member funeral. It also happen to be our wedding anniversary week. We discovered the Silver Seas Hotel via telephone directory. There were no microwave, or laundry service (which is important to me), but the friendliness of the Chef,tour Driver Mr. Percy, and the rest of the staff was more than we expected. They were warm, friendly and very hospitable. The Silver Seas may not be some of the most advertise all inclusive resort, but who need the others when you have nice quiet privacy. I also like that the money we spent was staying in Jamaica! I gave it an excellent rate because the staff really went out of there way to be cordial and to make sure that your stay enjoyable. Yes it needs some repairs, but the friendliness and warmth of the people is inviting!!
MT of California!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

For those of us who detest the environmentally unfriendly and excessive so-called 5 Star all inclusive resorts, do yourself a favour and visit the gracefully aged and not too faded Silver Seas Hotel in Ocho Rios. I stayed for two nights for the not-so-princely sum of 9,000JMD, about $94.00 Canadian for two nights. My son an the lovely Fiona, who were visiting me from Glasgow, Scotland, shared another room. The rooms were clean, had two double beds in each as well as a nice shower with an abundance of hot water. There were also sizeable balconies with great ocean views.
While there is not much of a beach to speak of, the sea is accessible. There is a very nice pool overlooking the sea and within 25 meters of the bar that serves up cold Red Stripe for just 200JMD. Spend the evening at the bar entertained by Dr. D, who has been managing the hotel for 30+ years. And Barry and his staff will provide you with a decent breakfast or dinner for a reasonable price. Lunch, however, was limited and mediocre.
I will go back before I finish up my work in Kingston in late July.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second level for a better view of the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

What a nice place, it's the oldest hotel in Ochi and I just love old hotels with character and charm, not the sterilness of the chain hotels where you have to ask which country you in.

This place is great value for money, the staff and the food are exellent, direct acess to the ocean, no real beach but lounge chairs you can relax in and hop in the water as you please, also a pool.

Everything in Ochi is walkable from this place, so you're not stuck and have to get a taxi anywhere you want to go.

You can tell the age by design, but everything works just fine, A/C is great and the view from the balcony can't be beat, I would stay here again without thinking twice about it.

Room Tip: second floor, good view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Uta H
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recently stayed at Silver Seas at the recommendation of a friend. The price that I received was great but once I got there I saw why. This hotel is very old and is in need of a major overhaul. I really hope that someone buys the current owners out and make some extensive renovations. This hotel sits in a perfect spot to be the perfect getaway. The best thing about it was waking up and looking right out into the ocean. The furniture is old, the mattress is thin and it feels like it is about 30 years old. And probably has bed bugs....its that bad. They have a iron and ironing board at the front desk that you have to go and pick it up and take back after every use. They dont have ice machines or fridges. We had to go out and find ice in the community and bring it back to the room. The room has a funny smell, so we went and found candles to help with the smell. The room is big but just nasty.The linen on the beds are old.The toilet overflooded while we were there, the air conditioner does not work well and is loud. My husband found drugs stuffed into the balcony area and I witnessed the security guard selling drugs to one of the guests. This hotel is the perfect place if you are on the run from the police. me and my husband could not get out of there quick enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RedboneTx829
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I has an amazing time at silver seas. my eight year old daughter was treated like a princess by all of the staff, especially Donna the bartender. She was so good to her my child gave her the boogie board she just got for the trip. I LEFT THE HOTEL FEELING LIKE I WAS LEAVING FAMILY. I know you will have the best time in all of ochos rios staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

A charming and unique hotel. Unlike all of the standardized resort hotels in the area it offers a unique stay with a real taste of Jamaica. The hotel is set back from the hectic road side, a heaven along the sea front with the best views around. The hotel rooms are huge with balconies offering the best ocean views around. Donna the bar tender is a legend and is a fountain of knowledge as to what to see, where to eat and how to travel in Ochi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple