“This place is run down, I wasn't expecting a 5 star but it looks like a motel.”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've heard it's the oldest hotel in Ochi so I wasn't expecting a 5 star & for that price too. The place needs to be cleaned & painted. It could look so much better if they pay so much attention to details paint in brighter colour, add some life to the lobby. The gardens are a disgrace, they need to weed the gardens, they need to weed the back of the building going den to the ocean. There is no beach but that's ok. They just need to rake the walkway leading to the ocean. They have steps to go into the ocean which is full of moss. I was just fearful when I saw a little boy step onto it. They could provide a little fridge in the room. I had to drink everything hot. The bedside lamp was dull, tv didn't have a remote, there was no iron & the list goes on. I would never encourage anyone to go to the silver seas hotel!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Meloney92

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It’s my 2nd time at Silver Seas-- the hotel is most relaxing and the location is ideal—great location for walking to all Ocho Rios has to offer—Jamaican restaurants, clubs, casino, local bars and craft markets. The view is amazing view from all vantage points whether the lobby or rooms—I even had breakfast in bed delivered by Ivan from the restaurant every morning. For me, Silver seas is great—great price, great service, great staff. Looking forward to staying at Silver Seas the next time my company sends me to Jamaica.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kevin S
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

decent rooms clean and spacious,each room comes with two double beds.
big closet,interesting details and each room has a private balcony or a terrace with table and chairs.
easy access to sea front.
all rooms have a sea view.
internet in a bar and a lobby free of charge.
cable tv
daily housekeeping
reasonable prices
location is very good, mostly walking distance to everything you might need during your stay.
has a parking lot.
hotel has it own charm
but it do needs some renovating.
it is not a five star hotel but it is very good place to stay

Room Tip: all rooms are the same.two double beds with terrace or balcony with the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ellie_Croatia
Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Silver Seas is the oldest hotel in Ocho Rios, having said that. It is in the perfect location. All rooms are ocean front. The hotel is not fancy by any means. The hotel is old and rustic, but it has a real charm to it. It is clean and the staff are amazing. Donna and Patrick are the perfect hosts they are so friendly and helpful, constantly making each person feel as if they are the only ones there. They take such good care of you. I would go back again and again.

Philip Dawson MBA

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Phil9810
Englewood FL
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Spent 3 days in February at this hotel and loved it. The view from my room was the best. The staff was warm and helpful i cant wait to return and will book at this Hotel again.No need to go anyplace else they have a bar and great resturant right there. Also a nice beach.

Room Tip: Across from this hotel is a great bar and restaurant with great Jamaican food and service.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank reps
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed I'm this hotel with my teenage daughter in January 2014 while visiting family and friends in Jamaica . I can say Donna has done a great job with the place I must add she made us feel right at home very friendly and always ask if we were OK. Overall the room was big beautiful scenery. Karaoke nights was a hit and me and my daughter loved the fact that we can go out and swim early morning its not s beach but it has potential if fixed up to be a great swimming spot. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful our rooms were cleaned every day and the locals treated us very welcomed because there seemed to be a lot of locals coming through to lounge around but it didn't bother us because they helped to direct us to clubs and good restaurants in the area. I will most definently be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends and I'll be going back very soon. Donna keep up the good work

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiffany N
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Silver Seas hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. The location was very central however if you don't like to be in the thick of things you may not appreciate it. General staff were ok but the Manager, Donna Denny, absolutely rocked! She made our stay awesome and would go back just for her.

This is a nice and affordable place to just chill out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple