“This is a MUST stay!!! Great location and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Eden Sands Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Felndre
“This is a MUST stay!!! Great location and wonderful chef!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

This was such a pleasant surprise. The property is extremely clean and has its own beach with scuba gear provided. The chef can make anything your heart desires. She even made us pizza from scratch. Not only do you have a chef but they will also clean up for me so that you can spend time enjoying your vacation. The home is updated with all the amenities you would expect. Neighbors are also super friendly. Whenever I visit Ocho Rios, I'll be sure to stay here again!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 Jun 2014
Thank you for your review and glad that you enjoyed being taken care of by the Eden Sands staff. We look forward to your return. One Love!
YYZ_TOGO
Toronto
“Heaven”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We spent 10 amazing days in Eden Sands. Your vacation starts after a 90 minute drive from Montego Bay Airport. Transportation can be arranged for a fee and I highly recommend that you take advantage of this. Upon arrival, you are greeted by the amazing Miss Barbara, who will take extra special care of you during your stay.

The villa is spacious and impeccably clean. Since it was just my husband and I, we were able to spread out. We split our clothes between the two bedrooms, and each had our own bathroom! The villa uses energy saving light bulbs throughout. That said, if you need good lighting to apply makeup (I tend to forego makeup on holidays), bring a small lighted mirror.

The private beach is magnificent. There is another rental villa next door, but with luck, you'll have nice, quiet neighbours. When we planned the trip, I was a little disappointed that there was no pool, but truly, there is no need. The water has a gentle slope and you must go quite far to go in over your head. The snorkeling is amazing. Although it is wonderfully sandy, it is recommended that you wear water shoes while in the water - apparently some sea urchins have been spotted, but we never had a problem.

Security is never an issue. You enter and exit the villa via a remote controlled, wooden gate. A wonderful man named Mr. Milo oversees the security overnight, so there is always a presence. I never felt ill-at-east at any time during our stay.

Ocho Rios centre is a short walk from the villa. Miss Barbara will give you a comprehensive tour of the immediate vicinity, and will take you shopping. It is time well spent, as when we next ventured out on our own, we had a good sense of the area.

The porch is an oasis of calm. I usually keep a travel diary, but every time I tried to write, my gaze was drawn to the beautiful, tranquil view.

Miss B's cooking is amazing, and she is very accommodating. My husband will eat anything, but I, alas, am a very picky eater. No problem, Miss B will adjust her meals accordingly. By the end of the trip I just wanted to pack her up and take her home.

My only concern is that too many people will find out about this wonderful place. I highly recommend this vacation property but, shhhh......don't tell anyone.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Families with young children
5 Jun 2014
Eden Sands appreciates your heartfelt review and we aim to meet and exceed all of our guests experiences. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future. One Love!
Brian H
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Once you stay here, you'll be back”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife and I are an older couple who still work part time, but like to travel. Each winter we travel to a different island in the Caribbean, rent a car, and a house, villa, or condo. We cook/put together a small breakfast, have a large lunch at a nice restaurant, and cook dinner where we are staying. I enjoy cooking local specialties.

I needed to preface my review with this information, so you may better understand my review of Eden Sands Villa.

First off, we had a wonderful time. I saw the reviews for Eden Sands Villa, liked the area, and decided we go to Jamaica. All the negative (except for driving) may be in other parts of the island, but not in Ocho Rios. We walked around the city during the day for 10 days without a problem. The Villa is a short walk to the Hi-Lo supermarket and the fruit and vegetable inside/outside market. A little farther is the Captain’s Bakery, craft market, and banks. Scotia Bank has ATMs that give either US or Jamaican. This is the 1st island where we did not rent a car. If staying in Ocho Rios, you do not need one. Everything is close and Dunn’s River is a short cab ride. Or you can rent a driver for a few hours.

Back to the Villa. Once we decided to rent, we contacted the owner, Melissa Geddes Morrison. She was fantastic, answering all my questions in the 9 months before we arrived. One of my concerns was that the rental came with a cook. What am I going to do with a cook. House person, yes, but I like to cook. What is she going to cook? Will I like it? Is there going to be someone in the house from early morning to after dinner? How much privacy will I give up? You can see, I was nervous.

We asked Melissa to have the cook order and cook something for our evening arrival and the next morning have some buns and coffee. We work things out after that. The chicken fricassee for dinner was fantastic. We met Miss B the next morning and all my misgivings were gone.

Miss B is a wonderful woman that always makes you smile. Two days after we arrived, Miss B and I walked over to where the Day Boat of fish comes in, to pick up something for supper. The boat hadn’t come in, so we went to the fruit and vegetable market. Later that day, one of the fishermen brought a Snapper to the house to see if we wanted it. I no longer wanted to cook and Miss B was like part of the family. This happens to other people, not me who prefers privacy.

There are other reviews where you may learn about the property specifications. I hoped to give you the flavor of the villa. We would recommend Eden Sands Villa to anyone and would come back here whenever we return to Jamaica.

5 Jun 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to experience some of Eden Sands hospitality and add to your collection of villas that you have visited. We hope to see you in the future! One Love
PKSKD
Spokane, Washington
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Our family of 5 (parents and 3 kids, ages 18, 21, 23) spent a week during Christmas at this beautiful villa. We loved the privacy of the home and beach, yet proximity to town. The property is beautifully maintained - pristine beach, lovely veranda and very comfortable living/sleeping space. Miss Barbara came to feel like family to us - she took us shopping at the local market, taught us about local cuisine and prepared delicious meals for us each night. Her son, Prince, who recently completed bartending training, made fun drinks for us using fresh local fruit. The warmth and hospitality provided by Miss B wil be remembered and cherished by our family forever.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The people, sunshine, food, time spent relaxing with family
Liked least: There was nothing we didn't like
Travelling group: Other
Families with young children
7 Jan 2014
We thank you so much for staying with us at Eden Sands over the holidays.
We do hope you will return in your future vacation plans! One Love
Debbie T
Michigan
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Where do I even start? Eden Sands is a little piece of paradise! The villa is exactly as described...even better. It is very modern and homey. The beach is beautiful and peaceful. I stayed here for 8 day with my husband and my mom. Eden Sands was perfect for us!! The absolute best part of Eden Sands is Mrs. B:) Mrs. B is a rare gem that opens her heart to all the guests and makes you feel like family! Her cooking is to die for and she is meticulous in her house keeping! She took me to the local fruit market, as well as the grocery store. She very happily made us what ever we wanted to eat! Her banana bread is out of this world! She was always more than happy to answer our questions and fill us in on the Jamaican way of life. Nathan and Melissa found a treasure when they hired Mrs. B! The villa is with in walking distance to the heart of town, which is nice. At night it is very quiet and peaceful with the waves lapping on shore. No noise from downtown. I would highly recommend Eden Sands to anyone that is going to Ocho Rios! The veranda is the perfect spot to enjoy your breakfast and dinner while taking in the beautiful view, and my husband took daily naps on the day bed on the veranda as well! Eden Sands...and Mrs. B....is the perfect spot on Ocho Rios:)

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
20 Nov 2013
Thank you so much for your heartfelt review. We are glad you felt the Eden Sands hospitality that we are known for. We certainly look to seeing you when next you are in Ocho Rios even if not at Eden Sands! One Love
Jade A
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing villa and vacation”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013

My boyfriend and I checked in at the beginning of July and stayed for 4 days. The beach was wonderful and very clean, as was the villa. It's very modern inside but still has a homey feel. The area is very safe, we took late walks(around 2am) and weren't bothered by anyone on the street. The location is great, as it's right in town and walking distance from night life and supermarkets. While you're extremely close to night life, there is no loud noise at night and we were able to enjoy our nights sitting on the beach and going for late night swims without an audience. As I said, the beach was clean and the water was very clear without large waves which made it easy to swim.

Love the villa and we both prefer it to any of the resorts we've stayed at.

Liked best: The beach
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Jun 2014
We are glad that although your stay was short you enjoyed it as a couple and experienced life at Eden Sands versus a resort! We look forward to a return visit from you. One Love!
cutchan
Denver CO
“Incredible vault for the experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My wife and I recently went to Jamaica and stayed at Eden Sands Villa. We were amazed at how clean and accommodating the property was. It also came with our own cook Mrs.B who ended up giving us inside tips to what Jamaica really has to offer. So much of a more richful experience than your typical resort. It was comical that all the resort snorkle trips people pay to go on was only 20 meters straight out from our privtae beach. We literally could swim out and snorkle at our own leisure. Security was also provided, but wasn't really needed as we felt safe after the first night. Would highly recommend this villa to anyone traveling to Ochos Rio

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Your own private beach
Liked least: We had to supply our own snorkeling gear
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
5 Jun 2014
We value and appreciate all of our guests reviews. Thank you. One Love!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing