“3rd times a charm.”
Review of Village Hotel

Village Hotel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My third time in Ocho Rios Jamaica third time staying at Village Hotel.
The Hotel was very well kept, wonderful staff,great food. If you want Jamaican ambiance this is the place to go. VILLAGE HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed 14 February 2011

We felt we were at a five star hotel the service was exceptional.The manager Shana really is there all week , I don't think she sleeps or goes home, and she is actively participating to make the experience wonderful. I saw her serving in the restaurant and helping us with our tour plan for the week.

Leading by example, the staff was just as excellent.

Thank you village hotel see you on our next trip to JA.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank tian876
Reviewed 14 February 2011

The food was wonderful, we have breakfast on our patio each morning, the wonderful, dinning room staff remembers your preferences after your first meal.

The manager is a kind and welcoming person that you are sure to see when you check in, during your stay, and when you leave. She's always checking to make sure you have the perfect stay.

Thanks to all the staff who made my week in ocho rios a special one.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 28 January 2011

What can I say, DON'T TRY IT ! When my wife asked if they had a microwave, they said they only have one in the kitchen, and we can't use it. The place was full of school kids in funny dresses, making out in the parking lot. Downstairs looks like a funeral parlor, and the front desk staff look just like funeral workers. Kids (7 or 8 years old) sitting at the bar, all day long. Just to think about it, the manager looks just like a "Grinch". We only stayed one night, and they refused to reimburse for the 3 more days we were to stay there. The Jamaica Grande was a lot better we extended our stay one more week. Please do not support the village hotel. By the way, the room service ladies look like they are just off a plantation, they look so sad. So, if you are looking for a good time, stay away from this place, it sucks.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank notapickniq
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We recently stayed One Night after partying in Ocho Rios at this Hotel while on vacation in Montego Bay. We'd been out most of the night so we arrived there early in the morning...around 4:00 a.m. We were informed that we had a check out time of noon, which really gave us about 8 hours to rest, bathe, and hit the streets. Knowing hotels, we knew policy, so we said that was fine. We got up around 11:00 a.m. to get ready to shower and do more site-seeing...only to find out that there was a water outage in Ocho Rios. Being travelers, we asked for permission to stay at least until the water was on so that we could take a bath...permission denied; we asked if we could get a discount on the room because we couldn't get a bath...permission denied...I was insistent on the fact that I needed a bath before I left and didn't think they were taking care of us, the customers, by putting us out without a bath. I was completely ignored by a front desk operator who acted as if she didn't care about anything that I said, or how I felt about the situation...she instead called the police...Then when I settled the bill, the price quoted previously to me for the room was $15 more than the quote previously given!!! Well...I'll never spend another dime in this establishment, and I suggest you take into consideration the things that I've just said, and stay away from this place, as well! It sure will not be the place that I choose when I go back to Jamaica...and I will be back... that was only my 3rd trip to Jamaica in the past 6 months...your loss....Village Hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mdmoyer
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I spent a month in Ocho Rios with my partner who is resident in Jamaica, this was one of four hotels we stayed in and it was by far the worst, the room was small and pokey and our window opened up to the sight of where staff dumped the rubbish, thank God we only booked two nights, the staff were in polite and just stared at you each time you passed the reception desk. Lawrence made a nuisance of himself by asking me out over and over again and he knew I was with my partner. Even when we left the hotel when I passed by he would shout out my name very loudly to get my attention I did not like that and of course I ignored him I found his attention offensive. Our room was not cleaned once in the two days we stayed there. The pool was dirty and was not maintained in the two days we stayed. There were so many huge mosquito's in our room again on the both days we were there, when I complained I was told I should buy some spray from the shops to kill them, not very helpful at all. Because Ocho Rios is so small no matter where you stay you are close to all amenities. I personally do not like Ocho Rios the persistance of the male attention puts me off. I would never again stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmorais8868
Reviewed 3 June 2010

My stay a Village hotel was an excellent one, small hotel with five star treatment ,friendly staff, who is always willing to help. Special thanks to Carlene, Shana & Lawrence always willing to assist.
Not much activity on property, but any & everything is within walking distance.(Business centre).
I enjoy my day at the Mystic mountain, and dolphin's cove, my sons enjoyed themselves as well.
The food was execelent at the Village Grill located on the property. I enjoyed the steam fish & Ockra big up the chef i didn't get his name.
I'll see you guys next year.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family