“My Mother's 60th Birthday Celebration”

Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“My Mother's 60th Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

General Manager, Donna Grant-Clarke and the wonderful staff of Hermosa Cove, successfully captured the vision I had in my head, celebrating the first woman in my life; my mom's 60th Birthday Celebration. Throughout the initial conversation, subsequent, phone calls and emails, to the absolutely stunning eventful evening, I felt as if the event was also personal for them...truly a partnership! My guests, family, and ultimately my mother experienced a rich, exquisite event not soon forgotten. Thank You, Thank You, for helping me honor my mom! I cant wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My family stayed at Hermosa Cover in Ginger Hall for a week in July.

Teh PROS: The resort is beautiful and the Villas are spacious and very nice. The service from Donna and the rest of the staff was very good. If you asked for something they would definately provide it. I really liked staying here and would definately consider going back if I ever stayed in Ocho. The resort is kind of remote and you need a car or a driver to get you around. Luckily our driver took us everywhere we needed to go as well as staying with us when necessary to protect us. The place is very secure with good security so you feel safe at all times.

The CONs would be the restaurant was very inconsistent. At some times you would get great food and service. Other times the food was poor and the service was less than poor. One day we waited for an hour for service most of the times we were told that many of the items on the menu were not available. I got a really bad steak one night and they gave us hot dog buns as bread. I think that was the final straw and decided to do my own cooking after that. Considering the price you are paying you should expect world class cuisine while in the resort. I cooked for my family but that was less than relaxing since you don't really want to cook when you are on vacation. Unfortunately they also have a major problem with both ants and mosquitoes. So we finally ended up having to goi off-resort to local restuarants. I woudl think they could go get some ant baits and something to kill mosquitoes.

The beach could use some help also. It is really small and rocky and that could probably be improved with some investment.

Room Tip: Got to the local restaurants if you want consistently good food. Don't cook because there are t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank als2kool
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Hermosa Cove was the perfect spot to kick back and relax. The villas are extraordinary--each equipped with its own kitchen, living room, beautiful bedroom and dipping pool. It is obvious the owners have paid great attention to detail, not only in constructing the villas but being careful to preserve all the plants and trees in their natural state.
You could spend your entire time on this property without seeing any other guests (room service is available). The restaurant has a beautiful view of the ocean and is graced by lovely breezes. The hotel staff is eager to please, and except when you want them you barely notice they are there..
This would be a perfect spot for a wedding or a large family vacation, with each guest being able to have their own very private villa. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: ask for Scotch Bonnet House
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 46Phil
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Perfect place for relaxation !!! The location is great. Near to all the attractions and city life. Everything is around the corner but nothing is in walking distance. Grounds are impeccable. Staff is amazing !!! Not your typical resort more like the perfect beach home. The property provides everything you need if you don't care to leave but not the place if you're expecting a ton of social interaction and pre- scheduled resort activities. The food is good. They will cook anything you request and you will enjoy it. The bar has drinks. (Cleveland the bartender was the hostess with the mostess !) Security onsite 24/7. No complaints. The only place I will stay from now on when visiting Jamaica.

Room Tip: Stayed in Nutmeg it was EXACTLY like it was represented in the pictures. Pool not large enough for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 2Travels2
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I first got wind of Hermosa Cove through a local television station and my fiance and I fell in love with it after visiting the website. We decided that we would definitely visit Hermosa Cove even if we couldn't for our honeymoon, but I decided off the bat that I would make our dream honeymoon a reality so I planned it in secret. My wife was the happiest woman on the planet and I was the happiest man on the planet.
As a botanist I have traveled to several countries for meetings, conferences, workshops, courses and fieldwork and stayed in hotels ranging from 1-5 stars but without a doubt this was like a glimpse into a place called Paradise. The physical space, service, cleanliness, food, privacy and sheer genius of the style and design of the villas blending in with the natural environment will make you forget all your problems, where you're from and time will stand still. We will definitely be going back at Hermosa.

Room Tip: Use the website to guide you depending on how many persons is involved.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K C
USA
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were so pleased with our villa and stay because of the serenity our villa and the properties nearby. We could see that much thought was put into the design of the villas and the Hermosa Cove property, We loved the light house resturaunt with the perfect views while dining! We were very please at the efforts of the employees to make our personal time a pleasant experience. It was even fun to see them on the street and visit with them. The employees were great!. The cove was so pleasant and renewing. Check out all the gardens and special flowers they added for us to admire.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OCIAUSA
Wormer
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My partner and I recently spent 3 nights at this resort and can't fault it in any way.
I found the resort by chance on the tripadvisor speciality lodging after having searched many weeks trying to find a suitable place on the North coast of Jamaica which wasn't the usual all inclusive.
This place is very special indeed. We are both hard working professionals so finding the right hotel to cater for our needs was important. As their website indicates it is a small resort of exclusive villas which are absolutely immaculate to look at and also have lots of little extra's which shows that they care about the detail.
Even before arrival they asked whether we needed any assistance with travel, groceries etc. We stayed in the breadfruit villa (all by the way are beautiful just take a look at their website). They are furnished to a very high standard with good quality equipment in the kitchen, something rarely found in villa rentals. Special extra's we noted were a good coffee machine, a blender for making your own cocktails, plenty sharp knives and in the bathroom good quality shampoo, conditioner and aftersun cream.
The outdoor shower and private dip pool were a delight as was the beautiful artwork liberally scattered about the villa. One important thing for us was internet connection. Each villa has it's own router which results in high speed internet connection (just in case you are unlucky enough to have to log on for work!)
The restaurant and staff were happy to cater to our needs. So we ate when we wanted and they were happy to prepare a surprise Jamaican menu for dinner which was delicious. You can of course request your own preference but we enjoyed leaving it up to the cook. Prices at the restaurant were quite acceptable. On our last night they surprised us with a special dinner on the beach, complete with candles. Something that we didn't request but they made the effort to make it very special and romantic and I could see the excitement of the staff in arranging this as they were determined to keep it a secret from us.
The beach at the property looks small on the website but there is in fact plenty of space to chill out or you can use their snorkels and kayaks for a bit of adventure.
The property is close to Ocho Rios town itself if you want to try other restaurants or do a bit of shopping. We hired a car so took the opportunity to venture out and visited Dunns River Falls (a must see) and nearby Reggae beach.
We are still in Jamaica but now further along the North Coast enjoying Boston Bay.
We loved Hermosa Cove though so we decided to call back again for a few more nights before ending our Jamaican trip.
I recommend this place for all those busy people who need to escape the crowds and enjoy a bit of peace and luxury.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,486 reviews
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Been to Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!