“A lovely place to discover someone special...”

Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Chennai (Madras), India
“A lovely place to discover someone special...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was our first trip to Jamaica and Ochos Rios. Right from the long private drive to the resort far from the bustling main street, to the resort itself, everything is styled for cosy intimacy in lush, quiet surroundings.

The nights are filled with sweet sounds of crickets, sounding melodious unlike anything I have heard before. The Mango suite villa has well done ethnic interiors with fantastic finish and state of the art equipment and kitchen. Thankfully the the A/C is of split-type so easy controllable by remote instead of central air-conditioning which has to be controlled from a wall unit.

The outdoor gazebo for dining and private pool with jacuzzi jets is perfect for a candle-lit party!! The food is excellent if one chooses to dine by the seaside restaurant and the lighthouse tower is great for panoramic pics!! The staff are very warm and friendly and the kayaking was great!! The transport arrangements were safe, reliable and friendly tour guide.

We would love to visit Hermosa Cove again!

Room Tip: If you want a private pool, then select the Mango suite (suitable for 2 persons only.)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Vikram D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place is a hidden gem in the Caribbean!
My husband and I stayed here in April of this year and had a such a great experience!!
We stayed in the Mango Suite... A private two story, one bedroom villa with pool - modern, cozy, unbelievable lush and private. When chilling by the pool we were surrounded with gorgeous fruit trees, flowers and the sound of nothing but nature.. Soo serene and peaceful! The grounds / villas are very clean and the staff and owners were soo helpful and very, very pleasant!
I would recommend this oceanfront property to anyone, any age that is looking for an "off the resort - private villa destination". I have done my fare share of traveling; Jamaica is my pearl of the Caribbean and this stay was one of my best vacays yet!
Cheers!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Spendsmartly
Orange City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We spent 8 days at Hermosa Cove in June, my husband and I, our two grown children, and our four young children. The photos on the web site can't begin to show how beautiful the place is. Our villa was warm, relaxing, comfortable, but with everything we needed, including lots of space. Having our own pool was amazing. The kids had a blast, and we could relax. We felt so safe, so welcome. The staff was warm and friendly. It was awesome to stroll the short distance through the lush garden paths to the beach and restaurant. Two of our kids spent time with Chef Conroy in his kitchen, learning Caribbean cooking. One day we went on a small boat with Lipton to a secluded waterfall beach. The food was amazing, and it was also nice to have a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages. We totally connected as a family and recharged our batteries. Honestly, it's the prefect escape for couples, friends, or families.

Room Tip: All of the villas are beautifully furnished, comfortable, and incredibly private. If you want a larg...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa B
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you enjoy kicking back in seclusion with your loved one, this is the place for you! The property was beautiful! The Villas & Suites are just as nice if not better than what is illustrated on website.
We found it to be very private with the added benefit of having staff available to meet our every need. Snorkeling is available right off the property beach as well as kayaking. Water is crystal clear. Beach is not large, but had plenty of room to unwind. They are currently expanding their beach area, which so far - looks amazing! Now on to the cuisine - please do not be dissuaded by the menu - the chef prepared whatever we had a taste for using fresh, local ingredients. It really was like having our own personal chef for the week. Truly a culinary delight. I would recommend trying some of the local Jamaican dishes. Although kitchens are fully equipped, we did not prepare meals. Having a kitchen worked out really well for having the wonderful leftovers from Christopher's! Market is close by and office makes it easy to arrange trip. We have been to many resorts and islands throughout the Caribbean and are happy to say that this is our new go-to spot!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Breadfruit Suite and loved it! During our visit we did look at a couple another 1...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa A
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

This trip was Very Relaxing spot, a Perfect get away.The pool was a little one, but just the right size to keep you cool and occupied. Service is excellent, what wasn't on the menu we were able to order,the food is Great. I'm going again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Trecia P
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I were in Jamaica for a sad occasion; however, I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Making the choice to stay at Hermosa Cove was easy after speaking to Norma and Audrey on the phone...they made the decision easy! After going through the gated entrance we felt like we were in paradise.....the landscaping was magnificent! Upon arrival we were greeted by Audrey and who made us feel very welcome. I can't say enough about the staff who are very hospitable and professional with a goal to make your stay enjoyable and memorable! After a guided tour by Elvis we quickly knew this was a trip we never wanted to end. It only got better......The Mango Suite was beautiful with a pool and gazebo and the interior decor was so warm and inviting....kudos to Debra who has great taste! We truly loved this suite and would choose it again. We dined at the resturant and our the dishes were delicious every time.....Conroy and Deneisha make a great team and they are AMAZING CHEFS!! One evening after having dinner I was so impressed with the meal, I ordered it for breakfast the next morning :) Denecia and Nathaniel deserve stars for the service they each provided....Denecia was so attentive and such a nice person with great personality..... What a great team!! My husband and I travel a lot and we always choose 4 star and above resorts and hotels. Hermosa Cove is a five star villa and we can't wait to go back!!! If you have an appreciation for quality.....I recommend Hermosa cove!

Room Tip: Any suite you choose you can't go wrong.....I enjoyed having my own pool!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanda P
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a four-night stay at Hermosa Cove. While the weather didn't exactly cooperate as we had hoped it would, it certainly wasn't a tragedy because we were in awe of the beauty surrounding us. We stayed in the Calabash House, which had an ocean view, lush garden areas including a gazebo, hammock, dipping pool, and a beautiful wrap-around upstairs porch. We couldn't stop commenting on the quality of construction and the little details. I remember thinking that even the fire alarm and fire extinguishers were well appointed. The gardens througout the property were unbelievable and we loved looking at all the exotic flowers and their intricate plantings. The maintenance staff did a great job meticulously sweeping away the evidence of each night's wind so that every walkway was perfectly clear and the beach was beautifully combed. The restaurant, Christopher's, was perfectly positioned on the water and also had very cool viewing tower. Again, everything from the beautiful windows and doors to the hardware in the bathrooms was first rate. It made me want to redecorate my home.
Now, on to the food. Conroy the chef was outstanding. He is the man. He talked through our meals with us each day, and I have to say, we have never had such delicious food. We looked forward to these meals and devoured them as fast as they were put in front of us. The other chef was a wonderful woman whose name starts with a D (so sorry I can't remember) and she was so passionate about her job and creating wonderful meals for the visitors. The rest of the staff, especially Kerecia, Elvis, Norma, and Audrey, were warm and welcoming.
There is just one little nitpicky thing I'd like to mention. Because the weather wasn't cooperating, we decided to take advantage of the resort's spa menu. There is a rooftop spa area to get massages, but it was too windy and decided to use our house instead. We saw that they offered facials in addition to massages and opted to go that route. Let me first say that I am a self-proclaimed spa snob. I love spas and really appreciate the aesthetics and relaxation that accompany high-quality spa services. That said, I don't think the resort is really set up for great facials, and we probably would've been better served getting massages.
Overall, we could not have been more pleased. This is a really unique property. It is the antithesis of a large Sandals-type resort, so if you prefer smaller, boutique resorts, this is the one for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,456 reviews
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Been to Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!