“Lovely!”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hermosa Cove is amazing. It is a relatively small resort tucked away in a peaceful, private atmosphere. Everything is perfectly maintained and looks like it came strait off a postcard. It has a great private beach, surrounded by cliffs and beautiful trees of all sorts. The staff is extremely friendly and are always willing to help you with anything you could need. Our villa was extremely clean and beautifully furnished.

There is only one restaurant in the resort and the food was horrible. We ate there 3 times, and everything we got was equally bad. Pretty disappointing, but we stocked up on groceries and did some cooking in the really nice kitchen in our villa, so it wasn't all bad.

There isn't a ton to see within easy walking distance from the resort. It's about a half mile walk which probably wouldn't be very fun at night. But it's easy enough to arrange a cab to go out and explore the island.

Overall, we definitely recommend Hermosa Cove, and would even consider going back ourselves some day. It is absolutely a wonderful escape from reality, and an amazing place to relax.

1 Thank jrosewebb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Hudson, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

WOW-WOW-WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best experience of a life time. We have traveled to many places in the world nothing compares to Hermosa Cove. The Spirit of peace is there and it is powerful! You receive a 5 star service with a warm family atmosphere. The staff is amazing, the beauty and history is spectacular! A special meal was prepared for us personally by the Chef and dinned out on the dock in a perfect hut at sunset! We had the honor to visit with Chef Conroy . If you have a bucket list then Hermosa Cove needs to be on it. I promise you this is a place of love- peace- gentleness-kindness- quietness- joy- faithfulness- the Fruit of the Spirit is there.. You will leave with a richer heart- spirit- and peace of mind! Yeah Mon!!!!! :) Grateful for Deb & Clayton in sharing their journey in creating Hermosa Cove!!! Tom & Diane.. (South Dakota)

Room Tip: any room is amazing.... personalize it for you!
4 Thank Diane V
Hospers, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

From the very begining it was amazing! Duing check-in they brought us an ice cold glass of juice and made us feel like we were family! Showed us around the resort and made sure that we know where everything is. They were also very helpful with planning activities and making sure we had a ride whenever we needed it. Thank you so much for making us feel so comfortable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Megan D
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've been to a more than a few beautiful island getaways in my time, and I'm sure I've missed as many great spots as I've been to but my latest romantic island getaway to Jamaica stands out as one of the best of all. We ended up at Hermosa Cove by accident but upon arrival (and thank god I chose hotel transportation rather than renting a car cause this place is SECLUDED) I realized we had lucked into a very special four days.
Hermosa Cove Villa and Suites is tucked into 12 lush acres on the coastline in Ocho Rios. With 9 villas, all built and decorated in understated old world elegance, and most with private pools, it stands out as a place to relax and be pampered in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. All the villas come with fully functional kitchens, cable television, A/C, outdoor showers and are surrounded by a well kept tropical forest. The resort has two small private beaches, provides snorkel kits and kayaking and of course Wi-Fi in all the rooms. (cause who of us can live without e-mail for more than a few hours?)
The staff is well trained and attentive. With a relatively small group of guests the hotel staff makes it their business to be sure all the guests have whatever is needed from arranging a shopping trip to town or kayak excursions or dinner on the beach the mantra here is to make it happen. Don't miss the opportunity for the in-room massage which the front desk will arrange for a reasonable fee. (and ask for Dawn she was amazing!)
The restaurant is small but well stocked and the food is more than just passable. In fact the chef at Christopher's, the restaurant at Hermosa Cove, has trained in some of the top east coast kitchens before returning home to work in his native Jamaica. With a nicely varied menu serving Breakfast, Lunch and dinner the food is so good that leaving the grounds becomes almost a waste of time. Especially when you consider the resorts reasonable pricing across the entire menu. Some of my favorites were the banana French Toast for breakfast, the signature Hermosa Burger for Lunch, and a really savory Roast Pork Tenderloin with Spring Roll appetizer for dinner. And of course lots of Red Stripe beer and Appleton Rum.
Nothing is ever perfect and so is the case with Hermosa Cove. To get this wonderful experience you gotta pay!!! And needless to say the better the experience the more your going to pay so be prepared to pay up my friends when you book your stay at Hermosa Cove. But of course anything worth having is worth paying for and such is definitely the case with Hermosa Cove Villa and Suites. So keep your eyes open for deal on Groupon or other social networking sites. Than you can actually get a deal to spend a few days in paradise!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeffrey R
Celebration
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Came here on a GroupOn deal and loved it!! The accommodations are first class!! Christopher's, the restaurant, is really a hidden treasure!! Had an opportunity to meet the owners, and Chef Conroy is a joy to talk to. All the staff, from Duke, Deb, and Wendy in the office, to the cleaning staff and the waiters in the restaurant are really the best! Be sure and take the kayak down to the white river!! You could never regret staying here! We will be back!

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room. There is plenty of space between each of the villas, and yo...
3 Thank Bruce P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Jamaica has so many hidden treasures and untapped beauty outside of the usual tourist attractions and hotels. On my most recent trip to Jamaica for my cousin's birthday extravaganza, I stayed with family at the most beautiful villa with an overflowing amount of charm, intimacy, and friendliness. The moment our group drove down the winding hidden road to the villas, we held our breath in anticipation. Once we arrived at the location, we exhaled. We were greeted with smiles by charismatic and attentive staff, complete with a detailed tour of the property and our personal villa. The place was breathtaking, beautiful manicured, gardens and paths, charming sitting areas, two beautiful private beaches on the property, and the piece de resistance was our quaint private villa with gorgeous old world-meets-modern Jamaican decor and luxury. The place was immaculate and equipped with everything you could ask for to enjoy our time there. The kitchen was well equipped for our own personal food shopping and preparation. Additionally, the room service was extremely convenient on days that we didn't prepare ourselves, or when we desired a drink, it was sooooo convenient to have it brought with friendly service to the villa. Did I mention how great the food was?! Oh my goodness, the food was niiiiiice, and to add to their already great service, they will have a chef prepare meals in the villas for you. It rained that weekend I was a guest, so I didn't get to enjoy the plunge pool that was literally steps from our door, but it was so relaxing taking a nap by the pool side, and our group enjoyed our nights outside playing dominoes, drinking, laughing, and dancing in our own privacy and comfort. Even the bathroom products were rejuvenating, with a lingering ginger aroma. Hands down, this was one of the best locations I have experienced in Jamaica. Hermosa satisfied my taste for luxury, accompanied with an authentic taste of Jamaica. As a Jamaican myself, I get tired of the "touristy" resorts, but I have my standards and refuse to stay anywhere that I have to use " mosquito destroyers." No mosquitos here though lol. To add the icing on the cake, the staff were so helpful and assisted us when a tour company ( Caribbean World Vacations- Check my review about their antics) ruined our plans to visit Port Antonio. Duke quickly made plans with the most professional and fun driver ever, Rashaun and in no time we were off to enjoy a perfect day in Port Antonio, topped off with sumptuous jerk pork. So far, I have shared this experience with so many others though reluctantly, since I want to keep this place all to myself. Overall tens across the board!! I love this place and hope to return as soon as I can and my family shares my exact sentiments, my cousin's birthday was special.

Room Tip: Rooms are based on the quality of your group. We were a group for four adults and two children and w...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jantraveldiva
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

From the moment we arrived at the airport, where our driver MIchael met us, we knew we'd made the right decision in choosing Hermosa. The property is beautiful with lush foliage throughout. We chose this location for its privacy, and wow..did it deliver. The professionalism and outstanding guest services provided makes this resort top notch. To the owners, you have indeed created a mini-paradise!..., but what really made our trip the absolute best was the staff; we thank you so much for your hospitality and kindness, Michael, our driver (thanks for keeping us safe on the road)., Elvis, Ryan, Chef Conroy, your warmness and personable contact with guests at Christopher's really was wonderful; Orraine, the best, you made us feel like family! Duke and Wendy from emails to arrivals, your professionalism, courtesy and outstanding service are second to none...thank you. We'll definitely be back so keep a chilled glass of Sorrell (sp) waiting :)

Room Tip: We stayed in Mango suite (lovely), I think for a return trip we will try a differnt villa, just for...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,456 reviews
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

Been to Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!