“Fantastic food, great location, excellent staff”
Review of Bamboo Blu

Bamboo Blu
Ranked #8 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Situated next to Riu ocho rios a little treasure of a resteraunt, perfect setting for dining on this wonderful island! A candle lit table right by the sea, fresh lobster caught before your eyes and great live music with a calming relaxing Jamaican atmosphere! Irie!! the perfect holiday highlight!! returning again tonight - amazing!!!!

Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your Fantastic review!

We're so glad to hear of your lovely visit and we hope to serve you soon again :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We've just got back from Ocho (literally less than 24 hours ago :(), we stayed at Club Riu and while we were all inclusive I wanted to venture out of the hotel to celebrate mine and my GFs anniversary.

Bamboo Blu came highly recommended and being situated next to the hotel, right on the beach it seemed ideal.

And it was, great food and great people.

We tried the lobster (reasonably price at $26-$35) which was worth every dollar, but the menu has a variety of dishes to suit differing pallets and wallets.

Bamboo Blu also served as the perfect venue for my partner's brother-in-law to propose to her sister and the staff were on hand to make it an extra special occasion!

1  Thank Soli01
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for leaving us a review!

Hope you had an amazing time celebrating your Anniversary with us!

We look forward to serving you again :)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having been to some of the best restaurants around the uk I can honestly say this is up there with the best of them. It was my birthday whilst on my honeymoon and we stayed in the riu ochos rios. The hotel was all inclusive but we had seen the reviews and wanted to go out to try something different. We was not let down by this fantastic restaurant. They had put a table on the beach which was all lit up especially for us as my new wife had told them it was my birthday. They also lit a fire on the beach and a musician playing and singing on his guitar. The food was also as good as the setting and the entertainment. To start we had the spicy chicken wings and for main I had lobster and garlic bread with salad. My wife had the same to start then she had chicken with a scotch bonnet sauce and rice washed down with a couple of red stripes yeah mon !!!! Like I said we have eaten at some great restaurants in the uk and this definitely is up there with the best of them. Jamie Oliver's has nothing on this place,definitely worth a visit if your in ochos rios. Thank you bamboo blu

1  Thank Matthew R

We are humbled to be compared to the "best restaurants in the UK"!!

We are happy you got a chance to visit us and had a lovely time. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had made a reservation prior to going to this restaurant but it was not as busy as we thought.
First of all we had great service from our waitress = Shantel
She called us by name each and every time she visited our table.
We sat outside at first, prior to the rain and then they moved us inside but still had open views of the beach and ocean since there are no windows ( see pics )

The food was delicious - but the views where amazing ( again see pics )
We had Breadfruit Chip Basket ( only $4 ) its was plantain thinly sliced and it came with a mayonaze sause. I also had the Wicked Wings -deep fried similar to deep fried chicken at home - just better. ( only $8 ) I had the Jamaica's Jerkiest Chicken ( only $12 ) my wife had Pimento Chicken Breast ( $15 ) and I had coffee at $3 per cup ( $9.00 total ) Our total bill came to $60.72 prior to a tip ( $48.00 subtotal + Service $4.80 of 10% and a G.C.T. tax of $7.92 )
or $6,314.88 Jamaican.........with the conversion rate its only $60.72

We received the BEST service we had while staying in Jamaica from Shantel. Again she remembered our names and made sure we had a very good experience.

And it was my best meal/service while on Jamaica - other than Scotchies but Scotchies does not have the views that Bamboo Blu has.

Thank you for an excellent time and experience

I provide lots of photos.....feel free to contact me with any questions you may have

www.bambooblubeach.com for pics - menu with prices and other info

4  Thank David A

Thank you for leaving your review!

We strive to provide exceptional customer service so our guests feel welcome and at home! We're glad you enjoyed the food and view, and we look forward to serving you soon again :)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Consistently great food and service. Thanks to Manager Denzil, Chef Ossie and our waitress Kassemi for making Restaurant Week Jamaica 2013 a gastronomic feast!

2  Thank tamijane

Thanks for dining with us during Restaurant Week!

We're thrilled to hear you had a lovely experience :)