“Awesomeness :)”

Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Awesomeness :)”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The atmosphere and ambiance is truly amazing; time simply stops while your there. The scenery is breathtaking as the caribbean sea is the backdrop to one of the best island vibes anyone could experience. My family and friends thoroughly enjoyed this gem of a place it is a must, you just have the go and experience the brilliance.

2 Thank Jason P
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
We couldn't have said it better!

Thank you for your review Jason! We do hope you and your family/friends will continue to visit us and we promise to deliver only the best in food and service :)

• Polish first
Delhi
“Amazing Services & Food”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

an amazing food with good services... The location is beautiful .. a relaxing and soothing atmosphere ... looking forwards to Visit again .. :)

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for stopping by...we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us :)
“CAUTION!!! The worse food and service!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

After reading the initial review I decided to take my family to "Bamboo Blu" for dinner. Upon arrival we stood for about 5mins waiting to be seated as the waitresses walked by us as though we did not exist. Eventually my husband got someone's attention where they prepared a table to seat me and my family. After we got seated we waited another 15-20min for a waiter to tend to us, mind you the place was not busy!!! After placing our order of appetizer and dinner, I over heard lady complaining about her bill and how excessive it was in comparison to what she ordered. I immediately began to add up my bill I'm my head and came to an estimated figure of how my to expect. About 30 min later the appetizer arrived I ordered crab wonton and the first bite I took it tasted wrong!!!!the crab was spoiled and it had an awful smell and after taste, it was a task to get the servers attention being that he never came over to ensure that everything was ok! I gave him back the crab wonton and told him that it tasted bad, expecting that he would return to ask if I wanted something else or for the chef to come out to apologize but NOTHING happened. My mother ordered mini bami with salt fish as she bit into it I could see the oil from the bami running down her hands,need less to say it had ( heartburn written all over it). After 45mins of waiting dinner finally arrived. There was three orders of coconut rundown snapper, chicken linguini and pimento chicken. The order of coconut rundown snapper was definitely not what I expected for $23US the serving of fish was half of portion and on the side was rice and peas which tasted as though it was warmed up from the night before, the meal was impossible to enjoy. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!! After partially finishing my meal. I ask for the bill expecting that I would pay just a round about figure of 10,000 JA= $110US. Need less to say when I saw the bill I almost fell out. For 6 meal the total was 18,000JA= $180US BLEWW MY MIND!!! Total robbery I've NEVER paid this much for dinner in Jamaica or US. The rotten food that they served was still on my bill, when I pointed it out to the waiter a supervisor returned giving me attitude about removing the appetizer from my bill . Unprofessional and the worse customer service I will NEVER GO BACK! The worse place everr!!! Str8 belly ache and heartburn!!!!

Visited August 2014
10 Thank Kookie J
We are sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with us.

It would be our pleasure to speak with you to see how we can fix what went wrong, we do hope you will give us another chance.
“Bamboo blue ocean view!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I visited Bamboo Blu our last night in Jamaica. Great choice. It was so romantic. Smooth relaxing sounds on the PA system,sunlight/moonlight, love of my life...what more do you need!We arrived before sundown and had appetizers and drinks, then lounged in the cabanas. The set up w/blue accents are beautiful day and night. The staff was very attentive and Mr. Denzel(owner) made certain we were well taken care of. Our waitress Shantel had a great personality, was very patient, and met our every need. We stayed from 5 until close(10pm). So happy we did because Mr Denzel provided us w/a unique fire show! One of the best days on our vaca! So relaxing and romantic.

• Visited August 2014
We try out best to make each persons experience as special as yours was :) Denzil is one of our adored family members, he is one of the managers. Mr. Joseph Issa is the owner to whom we should be thanking for such an awesome 'Paradise'!

We hope you come again :)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Bamboo Blue was recommended to us when we visited the falls. It was amazing! I wish we were staying closer to it as we would have eaten there all the time. Great service and atmosphere and great food - the perfect combinations! 10/10 highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for speaking so highly of us! Greatly appreciated.

We hope you return to Ocho Rios very soon, you can stay by RIU hotel and visit us every day :)