We booked 10 nights at Sans Souci, in September 2011, and we loved it so much we extended our stay another 3 nights!
We stayed in the one bedroom beachfront suite in A block, which was a convenient walk to the main pool and beach area. We loved the bar service to the room, and having the extra lounge area with couch and tv to relax in if you need a break from the humid Jamaican air. We also loved the jacuzzi tub.
Food and drinks:
Definitely try the "peach on the beach" drink - it tastes just like a bellini. The food at all restaurants was amazing. Beach Grill is great for a burger and fries during the day, and Bella Vista has a nice menu too, as well as a fantastic view of the ocean at night and you get seranaded by two guitarists/singers while you eat. Palazzina has a fantastic salad bar and pasta station. Also try the seafound lasagna here! We did lobster nights at the Palazzina and Casanova - the lobster portions are bigger at Casanova. The risotto with salmon and shrimp at Casanova was also amazing.
We did the couples massage, and although a bit pricey this was very enjoyable as you can listen to the ocean in the background. We also did the meditation class which was amazing!
There are always fun games at the main pool, like pool volleyball, bingo and trivia. We won 3 bottles of rum!
We loved swimming in both the mineral pool and main pool. We also explored the paths and stairways and relaxed on the various hammocks. Definitely go for a swim in the small private beach area under the mineral pool. Definitely go to the au natural beach for "sunset" hour. It is breathtaking and great opportunity for pictures.
We loved the staff at Sans Souci! So warm, pleasant and accomodating. Remember to take note of their names and recognize them on the comment card when you leave.
We also did the trading places one day and went to Couples tower isle. Sans Souci is better! It has a calmer beach/ocean to swim in, and larger grounds so it is more spread out. At times Sans Souci felt like our own private resort.
We love you Sans Souci and we will be back as soon as possible!!!! Best resort ever, it is a home away from home. thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios