My wife and I stayed at couples Sans Souci May27-June 1, 2012: rooms D25 and G1. We were disappointed, felt Couples Sans Souci left much to be desired and to be a poor value for our money.
Your rooms are decades outdated. Bathrooms are disgusting.
Your rooms were noisy when the band played at night and that greatly disturbed our rest. D25 was very loud the night we checked in and we asked to be moved to another room farther away from the band. We moved to G1 and were told by staff it would be quit. G1 was no better.
Your staff was mediocre at best. Other than Kristen, Donnett , and Masal, it was impossible to get any service with a smile. I felt your staff resented the guests. I watched your staff be late to every event and slow with service. I went to Jamaica to relax... not watch your staff relax while I waited around watching them.
For positives: Kristen (water crew), Donnette (waitress) Masal (bar) and the pregnant pasta lady always had smiles for us, were attentive, and represented the hotel well.
At the beach, your water crew staff yelled and screamed at each other, every morning of our stay. Do they not possess they ability to speak in a conversational tone. Their morning antics ruined what otherwise would have been a quite, romantic beach.
At the beach, cleaning started about 9- 10am each morning. Again, people picking up trash and driving trucks on the beach ruin what otherwise would have been a quite, romantic beach.
Room service was average at best and our order was usually missing something each morning. Not a big deal. However, the day of check out, room service called us almost two hours early to let us know room service was on its way. How rude. I am not at the hotel to be on the hotels schedule but my schedule. I can make an 8:00am departure bus without your help or the 5:00am wake up call. I felt this was indicative of staff throughout our stay: thoughtless, poor representatives of the hotel and guests.
Bar services: It is never a good idea to have guests waiting on a drink while staff is restocking. And smile! One afternoon, I counted fifteen guests waiting in line while the bar staff restocked. I just want a drink and I am never interested in watching staff restock. Serve the guests than go back to restocking.
Dunns’s River Trip is always fun. Still, I resent being thrust into a video making process and having to wait on locals trying to hawk the DVD after the fun in the river. I did not come to Jamaica to listen to guys peddle a DVD. That my hotel set this up…how rude! And the bus was thirty minutes late, as well.
To end on a positive note, I scheduled a snorkeling trip to the sunken boat with Kristen. When that event came around, my fellow passengers did not want to go to the sunken ship so I got off the boat. I had been to the reef twice already and not interested in a third trip. When I returned the fins to Kristen she asked what happened knowing my interest in the trip. I told her and she quickly directed my to the "Captain" who took me out to the sunken boat. That was cool. The service was above and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios