My husband and I just returned from a 7-night stay at this amazing resort. We'd done a day visit there in April 2010 and fell in love with the lush tropical grounds. We've never stayed at one resort for 7 nights, always having chosen to change resorts after 3 or 4 nights to try different places, but we loved this resort so much that we booked 7 nights. Frankly, even 7 nights weren't enough to discover all of the nooks and crannies, experience the myriad activities, to get to know the amazing staff and to try all the delicious foods!
The "staff" at this resort quickly came to feel like family or very gracious hosts who welcomed us on arrival and then seemingly effortlessly made us feel more than welcome all week. From the front desk to bell services to housekeeping to the bar tenders to the watersports crew to waitstaff to entertainment - Couples Sans Souci seems to have found the cream of the crop to take care of their guests. We enjoyed countless hours at the swim-up bar, playing trivia games, sharing stories and drinks and biographies and meeting wonderful staff and fellow guests.
We were in a penthouse suite (D14, the Steve McQueen suite). The accommodations were beautiful, comfortable, impeccably clean and extraordinarily spacious with a bedroom, living room, 1 and 1/2 baths (including a huge walk-in shower) and the hugest balcony I've ever seen (with three entries) - I wish we'd known enough people to host the 50 that I'm sure the balcony space could have accommodated.
There are 4 restaurant/grill areas open to all guests and we experienced three of them: Casanova (the "formal" restaurant), Palazzina ("semi-formal" at dinner and casual for breakfast and lunch), the Beach Grill (lunch)/Bella Vista (open air and beachfront dinner). The food at each was so good that we'd have chosen the same menu options over and over again. There is also food at Sunset Beach (SSB), the au naturel side of the resort, but we didn't have lunch there. Beyond that, there was in-room dining, and the quality was wonderful. The private, repeat guests dinner which was invitation-only and held in a private dining room, was fabulous!
There were so many opportunities for social interaction and we took advantage of many of them, including trivia games, name that tune, etc. I also enjoyed aerobics and piloxing and water aerobics with the visiting fitness instructor, who was top-notch. My husband enjoyed golf a short distance away from the resort 2 mornings. We did a couples massage which was wonderful and relaxing beyond description in a private hideaway room that extended out over the ocean -- amazing! I had a facial that was very refreshing and relaxing. We enjoyed a crazy, late-night offsite excursion (accompanied by 2 great guys from the resort entertainment staff) to Margaritaville Ocho Rios. Fun!! Another of the highlights of our trip was a private sailing outing on a catamaran with a member of the fabulous water sports staff. Each evening, we enjoyed the high-quality, on-site entertainment and dancing outside the Balloon Bar or on the lawn or beach.
This resort is truly romantic and they do everything they can to cultivate a culture and environment that is a fabulous mix of romance, relaxation and adventure.
We loved the experience so much that we've just cancelled a Mediterranean cruise for next summer to split our 2013 vacation time between a romantic husband/wife trip back to this resort and an "extended family" summer beach/lake house rental -- we just couldn't bear the thought of waiting 2 years to return to Couples Sans Souci.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios