Overall, I thought the property was nice and would recommend it, but not highly.
First the bad---The rooms are dated. It looks like the hotel was built 30 to 40 years ago. It has been well maintained, but still was built in the 70's.
One illustration of this fact is that the window in the bathroom does not have glass. They are wooden blinds which open to the outside. Same with the "window" next to the front door. No one can see inside your room, but noise from outside is really loud in your room because there is no glass there.
It is 1 1/2 to two hours from the airport. That is a long drive. It is a scenic drive, but a long drive.
The drinks were so/so. The beer was good, but the frozen drinks we just average.
Jamaicans(or at least the ones at our hotel) did not work very hard. They move in slow motion. No worry is really there motto. The only problem is that it is "no worry" if you do not get more coffee or water. They have as many waiters as guests at the restaurants, so there should be no problem getting better service. It would be better if they paid the staff more and had fewer employees.
The food was great. I did not have a bad meal. In fact, one night we had lobster, which is very unusual at an all inclusive.
The water sports were really fun. You could have someone take you out on a catamaran for free. Kayaks were free....Really nice.
The beach was nice...Small, but very calm...
Gym is really nice. It has good machines and has a fantastic view!
Overall, I would go again, but do not expect it to be a 5 star resort, because it is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios