We recently got back from our trip to Couple San Souci, it amazed me with how much was included in the all inclusive. We will definitely be heading back. Upon arriving we had cold towels and champagne at check in, we were escorted to our room by a bell man that carried our bags the whole way. Our room an, ocean view veranda in the D block, had a huge balcony that overlooked the ocean, fitness center and mineral pool. We had a table and chairs on the balcony in addition to our mini bar. The only way it could have gotten better was a hammock on the balcony. Yes the rooms might be a little dated, but really you're not there to spend all the time in the room so get over it.
We greatly enjoyed that you could request certain items for your mini bar, the brought us a full bottle of rum, of which I think we made our way through 1/2. One night we came back to the room to find a bottle of champagne and cheese platter on the balcony waiting for us. Only complaint on the room was that our clock was wrong when we got there so we showed up for meals a couple times when they were closed and couldn't eat.
We ordered roomservice several times, it was always fantastic, a little more variety in the room service, or room service after 11pm would have been great, but we were there in the slow season so maybe that normally happens. The restaurants were fantastic, they always had different fresh food, so you didn't get bored. The portions at Casanova were a bit small, we wish we would have known going in so that we ordered additional appetizers. The beach party and starlight gala were a great way to try a good variety of local food (curried goat anyone?), and were always fantastic. I'm a huge fan a dessert and it would have been nice to have a few more options on that but oh well.
The beach was a bit small, but it wasn't too busy so we could always find chairs. The seat cushions/rafts where fantastic, we loved just floating around the ocean or pool. We made a trip to the mineral pool daily it was so relaxing and had a great juice bar. We enjoyed this hidden hot tub as well. The main pool was great, not really a party pool like most resorts, so that was a welcome break. We ventured over to the Au Natural beach only once to see what was going on, it did have a great view of the mountains, but that isn't really our thing so we didn't stick around for long.
It was nice that they had a little craft market by the beach so you didn't have to take the trip into town, the gift shop also had plenty of options if you needed to bring things back for people.
Perhaps the greatest advantage of CSS is that activities they offer, everything from hat making to scuba diving you really can't go wrong. We took the trip to Dunn's River Falls, truly a must do in Ocho Rios. We also kayaked, sailed, and went on the glass bottom boat tour. Had I know there would be ship wrecks and reefs everywhere, we would have gotten scuba certified before we headed down. The activity offerings were extensive, but you didn't ever feel pressured to participate and could just lounge on the beach if that's what you preferred. There wasn't much night life at the resort, but you could go to Margaritaville if you needed to. Most people seemed to be honeymooners so I'm not sure there needed to be an all night dance party anywhere.
We loved CSS, and how private it always felt, there were certainly times when we were the only ones around, which was wonderful for a honeymooning couple.
I'd recommend this resort for all couples looking for a romantic get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios