Read all reviews and followed 'the talk' on the couple site before we went, without doubt those who reported in a negative way are probably never happy and complain everywhere they go, I do not spend my vacation looking for fault.
Accomodation: This hotel is not state of the art it is furnished in an older style but has flat screen TV's. The room was spotlessly clean, as were the linen and towels. room comfort excellent.
Public areas: Kept clean an tidy, constant ground maintenance activity, which was not obstusive to the hotel guests.
Retaurants: Excellent at all meals in any restaurant. Casanova, I defy anyone to complain about anything there, i stands against any top city restaurant. Palazzina, would grace any hotel as the main eating place, and come out with top marks. Bella vista good well presented food but against the other 2 looks ordinary (it is not). Breakfast and Lunch top class food with plenty to chose from. If you cannot find food to suit stay at home and cook your own.
Gala Night: needs to be seen.
Beach Party: another great night. The only negative of the holiday was the on site shop fashion parade and sales pitch, please stop this, it spoild an otherwise great night.
Pools and Beaches: great, always beds available, could do with more umbrellas though. those who complain about no sunbeds must be wanting a particular spot to sit in!
Activities: did not participate but other enjoyed them, scuba was seemingly amazing.
Entertainment: enjoyable, but with a choice of bars and retaurants you can take or leave it.
Transfer to resort: this WILL take 2 hrs minimum, treat it as an island tour, especially if you fly into Kingston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios