We celebrated our Anniversary this past March at Couples Sans Souci and had a great time but definitely have stayed in better. I was a little concerned before booking that it was really small, which of course, means that there are less choices in restaurants, pools, bars etc..... It had great reviews so we gave it a go.
The staff are phenomenal, definitely made up for the lack of beach, out dated rooms and minimal restaurant choices.
The food was by far the best we have eaten at any resort, probably attributed to the size of the resort and the ability to serve quality food to smaller numbers.
We stayed at a Beach Suite next to the Palazzino Restaurant .... beautiful view of the water ~~ disappointing was the beach...... very small. We like to walk the beach in the morning and evening.... the walk was all of 5- 10 minutes. The other beach (Au Natural) I've heard is quite beautiful. We didn't get to experience this as it's nude only (except for sunset when everyone is able to attend) I would have liked to see it as a preference beach as opposed to dictating it nude only. We have been to resorts with such beaches and seriously I don't see the issue.
I would think most people don't care what you are or are not wearing.... and are probably there to enjoy themselves not the view.
Sunshine at the Beach Grill is such a beautiful and wonderful asset to the Resort, our servers at the Cassanova and the Palazzino were always fabulous.... unfortunately, I have misplaced my notes on the names of these fabulous people :( As I previously stated, the food was delicious !!
The entertainers Spaghetti & Linguine had my husband up dancing and helping to entertain the crowd... it was fabulous ! There was a variety of entertainers and all were good ... We usually ended the night with a sing a long at the Piano Bar...
Most of the people we met were repeat visitors..... and had been coming back for years.
Overall, it was an enjoyable trip .... with some disappointments. Would we go back ? Probably ... but we would try another, larger resort just to make comparisons. As for Couples, I've read the reviews at Couples Negril and their beach is supposedly wonderful, so that is an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios