“Beautiful Resort ~ Definitely Needs Attention”
Review of Couples Sans Souci

Couples Sans Souci
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Beautiful Resort ~ Definitely Needs Attention”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We celebrated our Anniversary this past March at Couples Sans Souci and had a great time but definitely have stayed in better. I was a little concerned before booking that it was really small, which of course, means that there are less choices in restaurants, pools, bars etc..... It had great reviews so we gave it a go.

The staff are phenomenal, definitely made up for the lack of beach, out dated rooms and minimal restaurant choices.

The food was by far the best we have eaten at any resort, probably attributed to the size of the resort and the ability to serve quality food to smaller numbers.

We stayed at a Beach Suite next to the Palazzino Restaurant .... beautiful view of the water ~~ disappointing was the beach...... very small. We like to walk the beach in the morning and evening.... the walk was all of 5- 10 minutes. The other beach (Au Natural) I've heard is quite beautiful. We didn't get to experience this as it's nude only (except for sunset when everyone is able to attend) I would have liked to see it as a preference beach as opposed to dictating it nude only. We have been to resorts with such beaches and seriously I don't see the issue.
I would think most people don't care what you are or are not wearing.... and are probably there to enjoy themselves not the view.

Sunshine at the Beach Grill is such a beautiful and wonderful asset to the Resort, our servers at the Cassanova and the Palazzino were always fabulous.... unfortunately, I have misplaced my notes on the names of these fabulous people :( As I previously stated, the food was delicious !!

The entertainers Spaghetti & Linguine had my husband up dancing and helping to entertain the crowd... it was fabulous ! There was a variety of entertainers and all were good ... We usually ended the night with a sing a long at the Piano Bar...

Most of the people we met were repeat visitors..... and had been coming back for years.

Overall, it was an enjoyable trip .... with some disappointments. Would we go back ? Probably ... but we would try another, larger resort just to make comparisons. As for Couples, I've read the reviews at Couples Negril and their beach is supposedly wonderful, so that is an option.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Beach Suite, not sure if there is really any difference as we didn't view the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lee S
CSS_Operations_Mgr, Manager at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Couples Sans Souci after your recent visit, it was certainly encouraging to hear how much you enjoyed the food at our resort as it is certainly an area in which we take a great deal of pride. Similarly, we were thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly, we do our best to convey represent the world renowned warm Jamaican welcome as best we can.

I would, however, point out that while our beaches are not ideally suited for long walks, they are extremely private and many of our guests value that exclusivity. If long walks are a key part of your vacation experience I would encourage you to try one of our resorts in Negril, i'm sure that you will find that they take as much pride in their culinary exploits as we do!

Warm regards,

Nicholas Lynch
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,295)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The resort is very large extends along cliffs down to beach. We had 3rd floor beach front room and it was very nice except for the bees and large roach. Three different days I woke up to bees in the bathroom. Maintenance came and 2 days later they were back. I complained to manager and he offered us a three day free vacation in the future. We tried to book it in time but we were not able to get the same type rooms so we passed. I found out before we left there was hive in the attic above our room.
I felt we should have been given a partial refund not a future credit.
The other 2 couple resorts we have stayed at had more restaurants but this hotel had great room service.

Room Tip: Ask for beach front unless you don't mind a long walk to beach, it's worth the extra price.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Edfrapid
I must confess that we were a bit surprised with the content of your review. This sort of thing would normally be brought to my attention and I cannot recall an incident like this - although your stay was almost 11 months ago.

Any complimentary return stay would of course be subject to availability but these certificates are given the same priority as paid vacations and guests have never spoken to me of challenges met while attempting to redeem a certificate. I would urge any guest having challenges booking a complimentary return stay to contact me directly for assistance.

Nicholas Lynch
Operations Manager
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I honeymooned here and loved it. It's all inclusive with beautiful beaches, pools, trails and more. They always has activities going on if you want to keep busy, or you can relax pool or beach-side and chill.

There were multiple restaurants to choose from, or room service. It was beautiful and we want to go back.

PS We visited in April 2008.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MelindaJoy926
Cape Coral, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stayed here for our honeymoon and were blew away by the resort. We loved all the walking around the resort. I believe 150 or so rooms on 30 acres. Perfect! We upgraded and gotthe Steve Mcqueen penthouse suite. We loved our room and our view. I was so relaxed after my trip i didnt want to leave. We got home and booked our anniversary back to Jamaica and we cant wait . Everything from the food to the service was amazing. We ate and drank so much!! When we called room service they didnt take longer than 10mins even late at night. The resort was just perfect and i cant wait to try another couples resort.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank MattA450
aurora, ont

Our 5 th trip
Have always stayed in the original part of the hotel
Great big rooms or penthouse suites
The food is outstanding in all of the venues
Just a fine old fashioned classy spot
Even if you get a little rain is there a better place than the balloon bar
Ps the staff is outstanding
Head and shoulders above couples tower isle
Fris

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Fris1287
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we stayed here for my birthday. More then enough food and drink .Lots of space .great staff .will be returning.From landing at the airport the staff was supreme .It was a wonderful experience! The views and elegance of this resort far exceeded our memory. he people working there were so friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elaine61155
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the 2nd week of our 2 weeks in beautiful Jamaica. We had been here for a day a few years ago and were excited to spend a week here. The population was low but that was nice in few ways. We got to meet some vacationers and no need to fight to get in a restaurant for dinner. There are a lot of stairs to get to the lower areas including the beach. This is not the nicest beach and Negril spoils you if you have been there before. The food was amazing here and the service was impeccable. I must say that management seemed to be M I A and some staff may have decided to call it in , but luckily there were so many helpful staff to make up for that aspect. Kemar Valentine (trainee), Corrine and Kourtney were very gracious and hospital in service our meals everyday and I hope kemar gets the job and gets quickly to management as he knows how to treat a guest like a guest !!!. There was lots of renovating going on but it done not really effect us except walking to the lobby when needed due to a pool being re-constructed up top. Our room was like living in the rain forest and we loved that feel but you can be also down on the lower level so choose your style room with that in mind. We will be back I am sure and Couples is such an amazing chain to use for vacations. Maybe we will head to Barbados next? We will see.

Room Tip: If you are not in to stairs and walking, get a beach level room as breakfast , lunch is all there an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Couples Sans Souci? Share your experiences!