My wife and I went to Sans Souci on 9/23-9/28 2013 to celebrate our 20th . We had the best time ever. The resort is very big with only 150 rooms so threre is plenty of space to be alone if you wanted. The rooms are very clean and had everything you needed. People say that the rooms are outdated,but I think it adds to the plantation feel of the resort.There were plenty of things to do at the resort if you wanted and no pressure to do anything if you didn't want. We went snorkling, on the glass bottom boat. I also took the resort scuba course. The instructor was very good and safety was always his first concern but it was fun. I cant wait to get certified so i can dive again.
The food was soooooooooo good, with 3 restaurants to eat at, and room service from 6 AM to 11PM. There was also a late night girll opened all night. Palazzina was our favorite, with Tina Raydean and Cransten who had a specail meal prepared for us so we could try some of his favorite food. We had diner at the Casanova with krestson as a waiter, he was great.The service at all of the restaurants was the best we have ever had, hands down.The portions were just the right size so you could enjoy each part of the meal. There were 2 buffets/parties that the resort put on. One was on the beach and one on the main lawn. The food was great at both and the entertainment was also very good. Your glass was never empty and ther was never a long wait. We dont drink alot but it sure looked like people didn't have any problem keeping their glasses full and I dint here any complaining about the quality of the drinks. We had many virgin drinks and they were great. Bryan at the pool bar was very fun and his service was great. We also had a private diner on the beach for our 20th and Junior was our waiter, he was aslo the one who dilivered our coffee and dainish to our room in the morning.
The spa was being renovated but they stilll had full service. We had a couples massage in one of the huts on the cliffs. I had never had one before and it was wonderful with the waves hitting the shore right below us. Joan, Marsha, and and Alissa were great.
The grounds of the resort were stunning with paths all over and beautiful places to sit and relax. There are hammocks and hot tubs to find. There are a lot of steps and ground to cover but thats Ok because the food is so good you need to walk it off. The main beach was a little small but it was private and there were plenty of chairs (all with floats) to sit at. There is also the au naturel beach whitch is very nice. It is no clothing from 9-5 and then it is open to all for the best sunsets ever. Ther are 3 pools pluse the one at sunset beach. the pool up by the lobby was hardly ever used so you could be alone there most times.Ther mineral pool was great and there is a veggie/ smoothy bar there too, Nicoy makes the best smoothies. There is also a mineral groto that was a great place to cool off. They say if you sit in it for 20 min you will add 5 years to your life.
The activities were alot of fun. Linguni, Spagetti, and Squash were fun to be around as well as the rest of the activities staff. The water sports team was very good and they helped you to get in and out the paddle boats, kayaks, paddle boards and water bikes. They will also teach you how to sail on a Hobbie cat. There is wake boarding and waterskiing too. You can book a fishing trip or a private cruise on their power boat(there is a charge). There was nerver any pressure to do anything but they were always ready to help you have a good time.
To my wife and I one of the best parts of our trip was the staff. I know I named some but every staff member we came in contact with seemed to be happy and the all asked if you were alright and having a good time. Even the grounds staff would stop and see if you were OK, Albert was one that we meet and we will be in contact with him though facebook. I think the staff truly wants you to have a great time so you will come back to their resort, we will be comming back in Feb 2015 and I cant wait to here "welcome home" when we get there. There have been some bad reviews about Sans Souci but dont listen to them. We are not world travelers but if you cant have a great vacation here you should give up and stay home because this place was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios