We stayed Oct 26-Nov 2 for our Anniversary and Husband Birthday. Flight to Jamaica: AirTran direct from Baltimore to Montego Bay-Flight Crew was from Atlanta and were attentive and entertaining and made our 3hr+ flight breeze by.
Arrival: Used Club Mobay for arrival-completely worth it. Seeing your name on the sign as you walk off of the plane and walking by those long lines was a really great feeling. Time from Airplane to Lounge-maybe 10-15 minutes including luggage retrieval. The Couples and Club Mobay are next to each other and we used both in the 10 mins we waited for our shuttle. The Club Mobay lounge has rum punch in addition to Red Stripe and some snacks. They also came around with cold wash clothes which felt wonderfully refreshing after our flight.
Bus transfer to Couples Sans Souci: Was long and slow-our bus had difficulty climbing up the hills and cars were passing us by! But the driver was nice and told us some things on the trip. We stopped once for a potty break which I really think was a smoke break for the guy who asked to stop. Was about 2 hrs with the stop.
Arrival at the resort: Immediately greeted by staff. Champagne and cool cloth. Welcome Home! Saw our luggage come off the bus and off to the lobby to check in-which went smoothly and even though we arrived hours before official check in time we were off to our room with luggage already loaded in hotel shuttle. 2 min ride to A06 and we took 15 to unpack and change into swimsuits. Off to the pool bar we go!
Room: Our room A06 was spotless and spacious and its style and theme felt more comfortable and more like home than any other hotel I've stayed. Outdated-wouldn't say that but its no Ritz Carlton and we were grateful for that. We LOVED using our patio doors to go in and out to the beach and pool all day long. We locked valuables and money in the safe and didn't worry about anything all week as far as leaving our patio doors unlocked on the ground floor. Our location was direct middle of the building and ground floor in building A. Perfect location and we will request ground floor and building A always and hope for the best! Our mini bar was stocked within an hour of our arrival with the request I put in online and was restocked daily according to what we requested on our refill sheets and always by the time we requested.
Food: Even my picky husband found something every meal. Not a bad thing had all week long. Pallazina for breakfast was delicious every day and so was room service breakfast when we had it a couple of times for breakfast. Lunch at the beach grill was my husbands favorite and I liked the Pallazina for the buffet variety. Dinner at Cassanova was delicious but not our favorite but only because it felt too long for us with the different courses and we sat inside. I think we may have enjoyed the outside seating more and will remember that next time. Pallazina for dinner was delicious and the pasta station was the best part. Our favorite restaurant was Bella Vista-the food was wonderful and served at a perfect steady speed. No reservations needed and there is something to be said for sitting a few feet from the ocean lapping while eating dinner with a breeze blowing that made this our favorite. The service at all restaurants was second to none.
Activities: many to choose from and you can keep busy or veg all day. We did a little of both. We arranged on our own a tour and trip to the Bob Marley Museum at 9 Mile. Beautiful Countryside.
Spa: We did a Couples "special" massage and body scrub in a cabana on a cliff. It was a beautiful view and a wonderful relaxing massage.
Grounds: It is beautiful and lush and all of the secret spots are romantic and magical. The stairs are steep and LOTS of them but the resort would not be nearly as beautiful without them. If we called for a shuttle from the beachfront rooms to the lobby it arrived in 5 mins to take us.
The Staff: No hotel or resort we have ever visited have staff like Couples Sans Souci. They know you and you know them like family. From the grounds keepers to the bartenders to the entertainment staff you will be well taken care of. Never have we had staff find us-knowing we were leaving- to hug us goodbye on our last morning.
Couples Sans Souci is beautiful and the food is delicious and its fun and relaxing at the same time. BUT without the staff they have it would just be another nice resort...with the staff they have...you are surely home and feel like family.
Flight home: AirTran to Baltimore direct flight. We had ClubMobay for the departure lounge but for us was a waste of money as we walked around the shops until time for our flight and we barely spent any time there but if you're going to use it-its a nice comfortable place to wait with food and drinks.
We are already planning our return trip in 2015-in fact we decided by day two that we were going back and we'd be going in 2014 if we didn't already have a family trip planned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios