I agonized over finding the perfect hotel for our honeymoon, it was all in vain. Couples San Souci was perfect. It's no wonder they have 'repeaters' who've been coming for 20 years. I've stayed at big resorts like the RIU in the past but this one was small and intimate. I felt more catered too and they remembered our names. You can keep to yourself or get to know other friendly couples (adults only). The rooms are large, quiet and comfortable. There's plenty of seating and you can eat breakfast on the huge balcony. I miss having cook to order omelettes every morning, with fresh pancakes and a smoothie.
This resort has a no tipping policy. I inquired at the front desk just like Trip Advisor advises. We actually wanted to tip but they wouldn’t give us change because they said it’s prohibited. I was stunned because we still got good service.
People complain about the stairs. I needed a workout after eating so much but if you have mobility issues, that could be a problem. We actually preferred the regular beach to the 'au natural' one. There's always a chair and umbrella available and it's a short walk no matter which area you stay in. We did see some peeping toms looking through the bushes on our bike ride past the au natural beach. Also, the the ocean floor there was more rocky. I'd recommend beach shoes which we bought in the on site store for about $10. But the toiletries they sell are high.
The meals were great even at the non-reservation restaurants and Chef George more than accommodated my food allergies. The restaurants are open late which is great if you have a late flight. I took a fitness class in the mineral pool. They make fresh juices there until 5pm (with veggies and fruits) as well as vegetarian wraps. The hubby worked out at the gym and he even found a heavy bag for boxing.
Yes the nighttime entertainment was lousy but making fun of the lounge singers and watching people dance is part of the fun ;). There's a business center to print and a really short tour you can take to get acquainted with the property. Check the calendar for activities such as hat making, art, etc.
The glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling were fun (weather permitting). Even though it rained a lot in December, we still found plenty to do without leaving the resort. But if you leave, I'd suggest going to the Blue Hole vs. the crowded Dunn's River Falls. If you do go to Dunn's, don't buy the DVD! The Blue Hole is free and you get your own guide, all you have to do is tip them. Catch a cab and wear a life jacket. My husband is already ready to return to San Souci. I hope you love it as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios